Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if bynum claims he got.injuried during media day
laugh.gif
. He's the tallest thief on the planet 

I'm asking a serious question, do people still really believe in Bynum? 
I do.. I think he can still put up decent numbers.. 

ohwell.gif
Other than that ONE move he had on Shaq, he hasn't done anything to make me believe in him. It seems like people only remember that one move. His whole time in the L, he's been a lazy, arrogant douchebag. You know it's bad when your teammates don't even like you.

I was a huge bynum fan. watched him from day one with the lakers and it was very impressive how much he improved, utter garbage as a rookie to top 2 center in the league. but he is a complete douche and I doubt he has much juice left

edit-without the freak knee injuries he would have been the best 5 in the league hands down, like in his own tier. his potential was that high, he was literally getting better every game and I think the injuries took away his enthusiasm for the game

Last edited:

:\

Other than that ONE move he had on Shaq, he hasn't done anything to make me believe in him. It seems like people only remember that one move. His whole time in the L, he's been a lazy, arrogant douchebag. You know it's bad when your teammates don't even like you.
one move? did you not watch basketball in 2011-12?

Last edited:

:\

Besides the issues with turnovers and double teams, he was destroying folks on the block in 2011-12. Too big, too skilled in the post to be held down that season.

Last edited:

ohwell.gif
one move? did you not watch basketball in 2011-12?
He averaged a career best in a short season. It was also the first time he scored over 1,000 points in a season. If you ask me for his "expectations" and contract, that underachieving. I watch basketball all the time, but I'm tired of "if Bynum can get it together and stay healthy" talk. It's approaching 10 years of that soon, enough is enough. He was so valuable, they traded him. So what does that say? My overall point is that he's a "nice" player, but not what people are still waiting on him to be. Plus his attitude stinks as it has been proven. At this point, I'd rather see him just go away.

@beh it was the first time he was fed the ball. phil refused to feed him in the post until he learned to commit to defense regardless if he was getting shots (didn't want another shaq) and also phil always favors old guys (pau) over young. they traded him because they weren't confident in his health and had the option to get dwight

Last edited:
Too bad that's next gen :lol: . I'm not getting it til it comes out on the PS4.

BHZ, let me tell you...

right after I posted that I called my mall to see if they had it. They did, they had it since saturday. I was ecstatic, the mall was five minutes away from my house. Went, got it, came back, put it in, and....

It was 2k13 with roster updates. I was so dissapointed. Literally not a thing changed for Next Gen. I knew the changes would be minimal because of the impending next gen ps4 wave, but my god. What a wasteeee of moneyyyy. Turned it off 20 minutes after playing it. Probably won't even pick it up again :smh:

@beh it was the first time he was fed the ball. phil refused to feed him in the post until he learned to commit to defense regardless if he was getting shots (didn't want another shaq) and also phil always favors old guys (pau) over young. they traded him because they weren't confident in his health and had the option to get dwight
And rightfully so. Phil did that because he was pushing his buttons to see how much he was willing to commit. He didn't. If he showed that he was going to play D, he would have been rewarded. He's been in the league long enough to know he still has to earn it. I think that's why Phil did it that way, and it appeared that he failed the test. He has shown flashes AT TIMES, but overall he just seems lazy. He's content with the rings he contributed to, but he wasn't necessarily the reason why they won when he was there. With his size and lack of centers of his caliber, he could have done better boxing out. I watch him, he's not consistent on d like he should be. Why do you think at times Kobe was mad at him for not boxing out at times when he should be?

Last edited:

Da ****? Did you sleepwalk through the years 2008-2012? YouTube him...he's made about 80 of those same moves he made on Shaq while he was with the Lakers.

Da ****? Did you sleepwalk through the years 2008-2012? YouTube him...he's made about 80 of those same moves he made on Shaq while he was with the Lakers.
I was referring to that spin move he caught him with. Are you a Laker fan by chance?

@beh I'm not arguing against any of those points. well except one. I don't think there was any way phil would have made him an option ahead of pau. he had the talent to be a better all around player than pau but if you make him the #2 option that takes away his energy on defense and makes pau less useful (exactly what happened when mike brown took over). better for the team to utilize pau to the fullest on offense and let bynum focus on defense and rebounds and get the leftovers on offense (2 rings with this strategy). basically even tho he was a better #2 option than pau, he was a wayyy better #3 than pau

also he didn't really get the lazy tag until after the injuries. having had injuries to both knees myself, until you're fully healthy you really have to pick and choose your spots. no use going after a loose ball or fighting for a rebound you know you aren't gonna get just to show ppl that you're hustling. it wears your knees down and makes it harder to get the ballwhen your team really needs it

Last edited:
@beh I'm not arguing against any of those points. well except one. I don't think there was any way phil would have made him an option ahead of pau. he had the talent to be a better all around player than pau but if you make him the #2 option that takes away his energy on defense and makes pau less useful (exactly what happened when mike brown took over). better for the team to utilize pau to the fullest on offense and let bynum focus on defense and rebounds and get the leftovers on offense (2 rings with this strategy).

also he didn't really get the lazy tag until after the injuries. having had injuries to both knees myself, until you're fully healthy you really have to pick and choose your spots. no use going after a loose ball or fighting for a rebound you know you aren't gonna get just to show ppl that you're hustling. it wears your knees down and makes it harder to get the ballwhen your team really needs it
You're right on both points. Especially with his knees. Those injuries have aged him faster than he'd like to I'm sure. I guess we'll have to see when he plays this season. It's crazy that he's still only 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom