Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Larry Sanders 
roll.gif

Jennings has been getting steadily owned this summer. From not getting a contract offer, to getting slapped by some average joe in Drew League, to having his diss backfire in epic fashion. 

Last edited:
None of these guys would be getting a ton of discussion if they got picked first.. I doubt we'd have lengthy September discussions on Noel had the Cavs picked him.

Exactly. You can't consider someone a bust simply because they went #1. A bust is if the guy was actually hyped to be something special.. but drafts these days aren't exactly filled with future HOFers or franchise changing prospects. Nobody expects Bennett to be anything extraordinary 

If Bennett can be a better version of Paul Milsap that was a great pick for the Cavs.

Previously reported but some more details if not yet posted:

NBA Inside Stuff, which last aired in 2005 after a 15-year run, will return to NBA TV with new episodes featuring co-hosts Grant Hill and Kristen Ledlow. The 30-minute show will be televised weekly throughout the NBA season (26 episodes), along with several special editions airing at select times during the year. The series will combine some of the franchise's most celebrated segments -- redefined versions of "Jam Session" and "Rewind" -- with in-depth interviews highlighting some of the NBA's biggest stars and more, all packaged with a fresh new look.

Hill will also be joining Turner Sports as an analyst for NBA TV and TNT.

View media item 597311

This is a good look

I think a lot of people are forgetting that Bynum used to be terrible at handling doubleteams. That was always his #1 weakness. Any time he would get doubleteamed in the post he would end up turning it over because he was really bad at anticipating when to kick the ball out. I'm not a Lakers fan but I know they can vouch for that being true.

His faults were hidden somewhat because he was usually on the floor with Odom (pre-Whitney when dude was really solid) and/or Gasol at all times, along with of course Kobe. But if you were to go back in gamethreads or w/e from when he was on the Lakers, there were a lot of complaints back then about his complete inability to handle being double-teamed which is just not acceptatble for a supposedly 'dominant' big man.

Bynum isn't the second-best center in the league, and if he actually plays this season I think people will realize that.

No way I'm putting him over a much greater passer and defender in Marc Gasol. Or a huge post presence and rim-protector like Hibbert (if he can continue his level of play from last year's playoffs)

Last edited:
I think a lot of people are forgetting that Bynum used to be terrible at handling doubleteams. That was always his #1 weakness. Any time he would get doubleteamed in the post he would end up turning it over because he was really bad at anticipating when to kick the ball out. I'm not a Lakers fan but I know they can vouch for that being true.

His faults were hidden somewhat because he was usually on the floor with Odom (pre-Whitney when dude was really solid) and/or Gasol at all times, along with of course Kobe. But if you were to go back in gamethreads or w/e from when he was on the Lakers, there were a lot of complaints back then about his complete inability to handle being double-teamed which is just not acceptatble for a supposedly 'dominant' big man.

Bynum isn't the second-best center in the league, and if he actually plays this season I think people will realize that.

No way I'm putting him over a much greater passer and defender in Marc Gasol. Or a huge post presence and rim-protector like Hibbert (if he can continue his level of play from last year's playoffs)
yeah not only that but he liked to take his time when posting people up giving the help more time to come double. however compared to dwight handling double teams bynum looks like john stockton

Amare is done. Knicks will dump immediately. Damaged goods. He would be a serviceable big off the bench when somewhat healthy for a team.

The whole world is gonna watch that Heat Vs Bulls opening night. Get ready for a record setting ratings.

I'm not paying $216 for League Pass! :x

Where the Knicks gonna dump his contract?

I dunno but they gotta figure something out.

Knicks are tanking for Wiggins.

Nahhhhh b.

Anthony Bennett is a star and will be ROY quote me. If any of you watched him play as much as I have you would understand his greatness, just needs to work on defense

I'll give Bynum a pass on the double team issues because 2011-12 was his first season as a (secondary) featured option. I really don't remember him getting his number called much before then. :lol:

As far as the lazy defense is concerned, apart of it was due to the Lakers strategy of letting opposing ball handlers settle for mid-range jumpers to protect the basket as opposed to blitzing the ball handlers a la Garnett or Bosh.

I'll give Bynum a pass on the double team issues because 2011-12 was his first season as a (secondary) featured option. I really don't remember him getting his number called much before then. :lol:

exactly he had always been single covered and the way he made strides in every other aspect of the game you would expect that he would/will eventually figure it out. then again by that time he had ditched kareem so who knows. at his best there is still no other center today with his combo of height, length, footwork, skills, free throws etc. only oden, yao, and perkins could slow him down and he probably would have had trouble with someone like hibbert too

[quote name="Seymore CAKE" url="/t/541796/official-2013-nba-offseason-thread/20880#post_18813523"][quote name="VICTOR PAGE" url="/t/541796/official-2013-nba-offseason-thread/20880_20#post_18813498"]Here come the Rose jokes...
[quote name="ReggieKILLER" url="/t/541796/official-2013-nba-offseason-thread/20880_20#post_18813499"]dude about to crumple like toilet paper when he sees that Bron Bron/Paul George defense.
Indeed. :pimp:[/quote]6%That ain't just his test scores either, that's the fg% he shot when LeBron guarded him in the ECFs[/quote]
Y9VUKid.gif
[/quote]I see this gif on here like every day and I still laugh at it.

Quote:
Larry Sanders when asked for response to Brandon Jennings' comments on playing with better bigs in DET: "He has to pass it to them first"

Y9VUKid.gif
Seriously what movie is this, I need to watch it.

6%

That ain't just his test scores either, that's the fg% he shot when LeBron guarded him in the ECFs
I saw this before I saw the actual gif.

Are the Lakers better than the Memphis Grizzleis?

To make the playoffs, the Lakers need to be better than seven teams in the Western Conference.

In the first seven of 14 entries, the Lakers were ruled better than the New Orleans Pelicans, Phoenix Suns, Sacramento Kings and Utah Jazz but not as good as the Oklahoma City Thunder, San Antonio Spurs and Clippers.

Are the Lakers better than the Memphis Grizzlies?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/laker...izzlies-20130930,0,362241.story#axzz2gTd1e14B

:rofl:

Why are they even discussing this in the LATimes? It seems more of a fan blog article.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom