Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name="Seymore CAKE" url="/t/541796/official-2013-nba-offseason-thread/20880#post_18813523"][quote name="VICTOR PAGE" url="/t/541796/official-2013-nba-offseason-thread/20880_20#post_18813498"]Here come the Rose jokes...
[quote name="ReggieKILLER" url="/t/541796/official-2013-nba-offseason-thread/20880_20#post_18813499"]dude about to crumple like toilet paper when he sees that Bron Bron/Paul George defense.
Indeed. :pimp:
6%That ain't just his test scores either, that's the fg% he shot when LeBron guarded him in the ECFs[/quote]
Y9VUKid.gif
[/quote]I see this gif on here like every day and I still laugh at it.

Quote:
Larry Sanders when asked for response to Brandon Jennings' comments on playing with better bigs in DET: "He has to pass it to them first"

Y9VUKid.gif
Seriously what movie is this, I need to watch it.

6%

That ain't just his test scores either, that's the fg% he shot when LeBron guarded him in the ECFs
I saw this before I saw the actual gif.[/quote]

That flick is called Assassins. Banderas and Stallone play the two best assassins in the world and are tasked with killing one another. It was written by the Wachowski's before they made The Matrix and directed by the dude that made the good Lethal Weapon flicks. Pretty good film

Bennett has to be the least talked about #1 pick.... ever

dude is a bust, been saying this.

Has........but......huh?

*looks at calendar*

Wuuuuuu?

Can dude PRACTICE one time at least before we throw around words like bust?

More proof that Sacramento is second-rate organization
mean.gif

fd;jsdfk;lgj;lfdkjg;ldfjgn[i@ Boogie's reaction at the end
laugh.gif

[quote name="Seymore CAKE" url="/t/541796/official-2013-nba-offseason-thread/20880#post_18813523"][quote name="VICTOR PAGE" url="/t/541796/official-2013-nba-offseason-thread/20880_20#post_18813498"]Here come the Rose jokes...
[quote name="ReggieKILLER" url="/t/541796/official-2013-nba-offseason-thread/20880_20#post_18813499"]dude about to crumple like toilet paper when he sees that Bron Bron/Paul George defense.
Indeed. :pimp:
6%That ain't just his test scores either, that's the fg% he shot when LeBron guarded him in the ECFs

Y9VUKid.gif
[/quote]I see this gif on here like every day and I still laugh at it.

Quote:
Larry Sanders when asked for response to Brandon Jennings' comments on playing with better bigs in DET: "He has to pass it to them first"

Y9VUKid.gif
Seriously what movie is this, I need to watch it.

6%

That ain't just his test scores either, that's the fg% he shot when LeBron guarded him in the ECFs
I saw this before I saw the actual gif.[/quote]

That flick is called Assassins. Banderas and Stallone play the two best assassins in the world and are tasked with killing one another. It was written by the Wachowski's before they made The Matrix and directed by the dude that made the good Lethal Weapon flicks. Pretty good film[/quote]Good looks man I appreciate it. I'm gonna write it down so I can watch it.

This guy nelly is a pure clown on first take. Anyone watching this debacle? Lmao

Look at how broad and bullish Bennett looks in this pic...we all know how big Bynum is...Bennett might even have a wider frame, and more muscle...dude will be plowing his way to the lane every chance he gets.

130930-media-day-27.jpg

Bennett the Bully :pimp:

Spo getting an extension
glasses.gif

MIAMI -- Erik Spoelstra has been with the Miami Heat for nearly two decades, and the team is hoping they remain together for years to come.

Spoelstra and the Heat finalized a multiyear contract extension Sunday, two days before the two-time defending NBA champions start training camp.

Spoelstra, who is the longest-tenured coach in the Eastern Conference as he starts his sixth season with the Heat, was entering the final year of his current contract he signed in 2011. Spoelstra was expected to get a significant raise on his scheduled base salary of $3 million, and his new deal may come with a role in the team's front office.

The Heat announced a restructuring of their front office on Saturday, promoting longtime assistant general manager Andy Elisburg to general manager and longtime director of player personnel Adam Simon to assistant general manager. Spoelstra, who has already had a voice in personnel decisions, could get such a title formalized as well. Team president Pat Riley retains the top decision-making role.

Juwan Howard and Dan Craig will be new assistants for Spoelstra this season, which starts with the team's annual media day Monday and then the first two training-camp practices in the Bahamas on Tuesday.

Spoelstra is 260-134 in five seasons on the sideline and 50-29 in the playoffs including the past two championships. He has gained a strong reputation as a coach that can motivate the likes of stars LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in addition to being an innovative offensive coach who combines traditional methods with analytics.

Yahoo! Sports earlier reported the pending deal.

"I want Spo here for a long, long time," Riley had said last season.

Last season may have been Spoelstra's best coaching performance.

The Heat rolled through the regular season, winning 27 straight games at one point on the way to a 66-16 record. Then in the playoffs, Miami had to rally from a 1-0 second-round deficit against Chicago and ultimately had to grind out seven-game victories over Indiana in the Eastern Conference finals and San Antonio in the NBA Finals.

"What's overlooked for him is the management of the team," Wade told the AP last season. "It's not the coaching part of it. It's, 'Can you manage these egos, these personalities, without having one your damn self?' He's done it."

Hired as a video coordinator by the Heat in 1995, Spoelstra's rise through the ranks has been well-chronicled.

He was a scout, an assistant coach, a key part of Stan Van Gundy's staff in Miami and then started becoming considered Riley's protege not long after Van Gundy stepped down 21 games into what became a championship season for the Heat in 2005-06.

Riley retired for good in 2008, and the Heat didn't wait long before making Spoelstra the head coach. He inherited a 15-win team and improved it by 28 games in his first year. The Heat went back to the playoffs in 2010, then found a way to keep Wade while landing James, Bosh and a slew of other players the following summer on their way to making three straight trips to the NBA Finals.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/mia...tra-miami-heat-coach-signs-contract-extension

From people wanting him fired after the 9-8 start to getting an extension with 2 rings under his belt, Spo is one of the most underrated coaches in the L. If it wasn't for Riley backing him up, who knows what would've happened. Riley with the trust
pimp.gif

Lebron literally made Spo' who he is today. I don't want to hear that nonsense of him being a great coach, leading his team to finals or anything.

If Lebron is on your team, Lebron is the coach.

Spo just hit the lotto.

Lebron literally made Spo' who he is today. I don't want to hear that nonsense of him being a great coach, leading his team to finals or anything.

Spo just hit the lotto.
spo couldnt even win a COTY with bron 
mean.gif

mike brown was the best coach lebron has ever had

Spo is a very good coach, who is fortunate enough to coach the greatest player in the game.

And Bennett should be fine, so long as the Cavs don't try to play him as a SF full time.

Spo just hit the lotto.
So Jordan made Phil Jackson? I agree that Lebron is the best, and he might very well be the coach and voice of his team, but at the same time Spo deserves some credit.. The way you're making it seem just makes it look like a lose-lose situation with Spo. If they won, Spo just hit the lotto. If they lost, Spo just can't coach.

ohwell.gif

Spo is a good coach bro, but let's be honest....any other man in his position would've been granted the same extension...it's about familiarity with the Heat. They're going to do whatever they can to keep the current roster/staff intact so the 'big three' don't try and jump ship into something new.

He's not a great coach. I haven't heard one remark from Wade, Lebron, Bosh referring to Spo's coaching abilities.

He just does what he's supposed to do. Stand there in a suit and tie and yell at his players.

So is detroits plan really to put Josh smith at the 3?

If i have to choose i'm shipping Monroe somewhere right now and getting back a pretty good piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom