Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spo is one of the best in the league?

mj-laughing.gif

Ryan Hollins > Chris Bosh

Happens all the time in baseball...
I disagree when the yankees were making their run they were full of great players. same with the red socks and even when the marlins made those two championship runs they had tremendous talents. Even in Hockey the blackhawks prob have the most talent of any team 

@DarnellMayberry Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook underwent successful arthroscopic surgery today to alleviate swelling in his right knee.
Out six to eight weeks? :nerd:

Edit:

Looks like it'll be a four to six week recovery.

Last edited:
Spoelstra took a team to the playoffs in his first year that consisted of Chris Quinn, Dequan Cook, Luther Head, Jamaal magloire, Shawn Marion, Dwayne Wade, to name a few. Compare that talent to Thibs, Rivers, and Mark Jackson

Lebron literally made Spo' who he is today. I don't want to hear that nonsense of him being a great coach, leading his team to finals or anything.

If Lebron is on your team, Lebron is the coach.

Spo just hit the lotto.
What is your opinion on Phil Jackson? :nerd: :tongue:

Its reciprocal.. Jordan made Jackson, Jackson improved Jordan.. And I agree, Spo is not a "great" coach per say, but he's good enough to balance all the egos and motivate these players.
Spo isn't one of the best coaches in the league.

Not hard to win with Lebron, Wade and Bosh.

His main job is to make the team coexist and stay out of Wade and Bron's way...

If he were as good of a coach as one says, they would have never lost to Dallas and they would've dominated the spurs last season. Because obviously the heat are more talented...
MarkAngelo said it best balancing ego's and motivation is just as important as a gameplan. If your players tune you out and are not playing for you it doesnt matter what scheme you have it wont work. 

And I disagree I think the heat have the most talent only at the top of their roster. I think top to bottom there are a lot of team more talented than the heat.

only good coaches are ones that have won a championship

coaches only win championships because they get carried by great players

conclusion: coaches are overrated 

Spo isn't one of the best coaches in the league.

Not hard to win with Lebron, Wade and Bosh.

His main job is to make the team coexist and stay out of Wade and Bron's way...

If he were as good of a coach as one says, they would have never lost to Dallas and they would've dominated the spurs last season. Because obviously the heat are more talented...
except when they played dallas in the finals, it should be a cakewalk.

eyes.gif

Last edited:
Spo is a very good coach.

He always had those pre-Big 3 Heat teams playing hard, when it was just DWade and nobody else.

I know people want to discredit him because he has LeBron and coaching a team with LeBron, Wade and Bosh as the centerpieces is supposed to be "easy", but it has been anything but that.

This Big 3 Heat team has had an insane amount of pressure coming off The Decision and that coronation press conference. Their first season together was a roller coaster and people were calling for Spo's head on a nightly basis, but he was able to withstand that and get them to the Finals. If it weren't for LeBron going ghost in 2011 Finals, the Heat could very well be the 3x defending champs right now. Spo followed that Finals run in 2011 with 2 more, this time winning two championships.

I know LeBron gets the bulk of the praise for Heat's last two title runs, and deservedly so to an extent, but Spo should get some as well. He isn't an "along for the ride" coach. He's been instrumental in the Heat's success in the Big 3.

Spoelstra took a team to the playoffs in his first year that consisted of Chris Quinn, Dequan Cook, Luther Head, Jamaal magloire, Shawn Marion, Dwayne Wade, to name a few. Compare that talent to Thibs, Rivers, and Mark Jackson
I mean it wasn't THAT hard with one star. The sixth seed (Sixers) were 41-41. Miami was only a few games better. The east was still bad. Jermaine O'Neal and NT fan favorite Michael Beasley were also on that team 
laugh.gif

Thibs 1st yr as coach he took his team to the conf finals..

Look at the 2008-2009 Heat team and compare the talent to the 2010-2011 Bulls. Get out of here, son.
laugh.gif
I mean, taking a team from 8th to 1st says something about his ability with the principal rotation not really changing from the previous year.  

only good coaches are ones that have won a championship

coaches only win championships because they get carried by great players

conclusion: coaches are overrated 

Overrated is a little disrespectful, you still need a gameplan,manage rotations and draw up a play during clutch situations etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom