Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just moved to Arizona....

At last the Phoenix Suns are so awful that tickets will be easy and inexpensive this Season. Reminds me of past years of being a Bullets/Wizards fan.

Definitely will be checking out the Wiz when they come through and the kid Kendall Marshall from my local town in Virginia. Us older kids used to play with him when he was in 5th grade. His dad would hound his *** and get on him like Jake in He Got Game.
Damn. Thought you were gonna wind up in Sacramento though

Tough times for Anderson.

I understand and expect him to have a tough time for a while. I hope it doesn't affect his career though.

Me too. Hopefully, he'll be all right. Playing ball is probably good for him though. It will give him a chance to focus on something else. I expect he needs that break.

Thunder general manager Sam Presti said in a release that the swelling in Westbrook's knee was caused by a loose stitch from the previous surgery and that Westbrook's meniscus has healed properly.

This makes no sense. He had the original surgery in April and suture take about 14 days to dissolve. Loose stitch. Get out of here. :lol:

I'm not liking OKC's future at this point man 
mean.gif

If Russ missed up to Dec 15 (would be 6 weeks), the Thunder have 23 games in that span. They should hope to float around .500 (it's a pretty easy stretch, I think they come out 13-10), then when Russ returns play .750 ball the rest of the way for 45 more wins would still put them at 58-24. That probably wins the division again, but might not be enough to get the conference.

@DarnellMayberry Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook underwent successful arthroscopic surgery today to alleviate swelling in his right knee.
Out six to eight weeks? :nerd:

Edit:

Looks like it'll be a four to six week recovery.

On the real though OKC is gonna have problems. Lamb got to step up, ibaka is gonna be lost on offense. KD going to be dumb tired carrying the O.

Last edited:
If Russ missed up to Dec 15 (would be 6 weeks), the Thunder have 23 games in that span. They should hope to float around .500 (it's a pretty easy stretch, I think they come out 13-10), then when Russ returns play .750 ball the rest of the way for 45 more wins would still put them at 58-24. That probably wins the division again, but might not be enough to get the conference.

Factor in that its going to take a good minute to get adjusted to Westbrook being back on the floor and playing at a high level. I don't see them finishing that strong. Maybe winning somewhere between 36-40 games once he returns. That's good for 49-53 wins total. Of course, the quicker Westbrook returns to form the better the record.

I don't think the Thunder will be too bad in Russ's absence. Reggie Jackson keeps getting better and has a lot of confidence, so I think he will do well. Combine that with a light early schedule in a year where bad teams will be in tank mode, I think the Thunder will be alright,

Get well Russ

The Thunder are still a (very) good team without Westbrook. I could see them being like 18-7 after they're first 25 games without Westbrook. If they're defense carries over from last season, that alone should be enough to have competing in every ball game (they had a defensive rating of 97.1 when Westbrook wasn't on the floor last season). They're offense will likely be inconsistent though, especially since Martin is gone.

Lamb it's your time king :pimp: :pimp:

**** man, I miss watching Russ ball out. I just hope he comes back 100%

Ya'll acting like Russell Westbrook being out for a month means the Thunder's future is over :lol:
this is a meniscus injury that was described an "easily correctable," when it happened yet by December 15 (would be 6 weeks), would have kept him out for 9 months. For someone who's game is so reliant on sheer athleticism, that is significant.

The Thunder's source of points has been Kevin Durant, Russ, and a bench weapon, almost exclusively. They relied on three guys for points as much as any team possibly could. They're pretty much down to one of those now. Even for just a month and a half that's devastating.

They've got good role players but taking out 2/3 of the offensive weapons disrupts the balance they had. We all saw Serge Ibaka try to step up in Russ' absence and it was not pretty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom