Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I don't think Lawson nor Lilliard are terrible choices over Jrue. Depends what type of PG you want running your system. Jrue aint no all world PG by any means, but Philly trading him away was beyond stupid

Zyzz said prime Dwight was trash on defense. He knows like 3 words to describe players.

holiday had a nice first half of the season, but lawson has been the better player throughout their young careers

Jrue Holiday - 17.7ppg 4.2rpg 8.0apg
Ty Lawson - 16.7ppg 2.7rpg 6.9apg

Just their averages last year but Holiday aint eem that bad at what yall making it to sound like.

^ Holiday's strengths outweigh Lawson's right now... if we're basing it off of what we've seen most recently (and that's all we can do).

Lawson could turn it around this season, I want to see how he and Fournier start out the year in certain rotations when they're playing together. Foye should also help.

:nerd: Ty's FG% and 3PT% have gone down every year since his rookie season.

Last edited:
Kobe or no kobe, it's still lakers over everything. This dude xavier henry looks like he could make some noise, 29 points in his laker debut is nothing to sneeze at.

Kobe or no kobe, it's still lakers over everything. This dude xavier henry looks like he could make some noise, 29 points in his laker debut is nothing to sneeze at.

All within quality minutes of play against 1st string offense/defense's

Last edited:
^ Holiday's strengths outweigh Lawson's right now... if we're basing it off of what we've seen most recently (and that's all we can do).
What we've seen most recently is Holiday shoot under 40% from the field since the All-Star break.

nerd.gif
 Ty's FG% and 3PT% have gone down every year since his rookie season.
Yeah and his lowest FG% in a season is still higher than Holiday's highest. He also gets to the line more and turns the ball over less.

Last edited:
What we've seen most recently is Holiday shoot under 40% from the field since the All-Star break.

Yeah and his lowest FG% in a season is still higher than Holiday's highest. He also gets to the line more and turns the ball over less.

I agree with what you're saying but to be fair, Holiday had a garbage squad around him and a coach that emphasized the wrong things on offense. Lawson was literally in the exact opposite situation. Hopefully being in NO lets Jrue focus on defense and taking higher percentage shots.

That's a fair point but my counter would be the '10-'11 and '11-'12 Sixers were half decent and he was inefficient then too. He's still just 23 though and he's still getting better but I'm just saying I haven't seen enough to put him over Lawson at this point.

Last edited:
Yeah but I wasn't comparing offensive stats to offensive stats, rather showing Lawson's offensive strength going down as Jrue's defensive ability has remained consistent.

Jrue Holiday is the most turnover prone PG in the league... didn't he have a game where he shot like 2/24 last year or something? He didn't deserve to be an all-star last year. He had 8 turnovers last night, with Pat Bev stealing his cookies four times in the backcourt in a span of like 2-3 mins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom