Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

#HTTR been a long time since I been in here but I'm so proud of my team

I think we can win tho..they're gonna have throw on us to win...I don't know how effective Lynch is gonna be against our Defense.

Now Our Offense against there Defense is another story :smh:

I think w'll pull it out tho good thing we'll be home :lol:

That moment after the ******** scored the last TD and NBC showed the whole stadium singing Hail to the ******** while showing Romo looking dejected ...= PRICELESS. Looked just like those old 70s/80s crowds @ RFK.

I know I am probably jynxing them right now but...

HELLLLLLLLLLL YESSSSSSSSSS

When Alfred Morris ran that last TD in I was happier than I care to admit.

It did not hit me until the clock hit 0:00 that the ******** actually have a future worth looking forward to as a fan.

The young QB's in the NFL right now :nthat:

Last edited:
That moment after the ******** scored the last TD and NBC showed the whole stadium singing Hail to the ******** while showing Romo looking dejected ...= PRICELESS. Looked just like those old 70s/80s crowds @ RFK.
That gave me chills, I've never seen FedEx so alive :pimp: We've gotta be this loud next week!

just got tickets for the playoff game against Seattle.

will any of you fellas be in attendance? we can meet up and tailgate :pimp:

Man it has been a great season.
pimp.gif
 it sure has.

Was at the game on Sunday......so glad we won. Alfred Morris's press conference :smokin :pimp: "I am never going to be a star, I am just Alfred" God i love him

Seattle is one of the scariest teams in the playoffs. I really hope RG3 plays better. Their defense is a ton of ball hawks and Marshawn Lynch is no joke.

But man does it feel good to be in the playoff #HTTR

I have to agree with whoever said it on MMQB (Can't remember if Sheehan or Pollin said it) but they should consider changing the field to turf because it's terrible right now in it's current state.

It was so cold out there! I got there at 3pm and after a few drinks I wasn't cold anymore. LOL!!

I was told I was the first person at Fed Ex to buy this shirt. Great season and I will be in the building next week!!!

Just an incredible night and season. Considering the setting and circumstances, Alfred basically had one of the greatest performances in the history of the franchise - at least top ten. Been on cloud 9 since Sunday. Not even the perpetual idiocy on Capitol Hill can ruin my mood.

Wish I could have gone to the game, but the atmosphere looked great on TV. Best sign had to be: "Have you even been to Dallas?" :lol:

HTTR :pimp:

I might be there this Saturday. My friends uncle has box seats and he might be out of town so he might give us the tickets. I would lose my mind. Either way, all I want is a win! I'm so proud of this team. I thought an 8-8 season would be deemed successful but this is crazy.

HAIL!

I'll be there, I was trying to go with a friend but Ticketmaster only had single seats available; I got a ticket and he didn't and he can't afford secondary market prices unfortunately.

So yea, any of y'all that wanna meet up and tailgate beforehand lemme know.

Obviously I'd rather have sat with friends, but this is probably one of the few times I was willing to go dolo just for the experience. This team has been a pretty big part of my life since I was 4 years old, and I really wanted to be there in person for our first playoff home game since 99. I think there's a pretty good chance the Seahawks beat us, especially if Griffin still isn't 100%. But its been a great season and I wanna be there to support then either way.

I'll be there, I was trying to go with a friend but Ticketmaster only had single seats available; I got a ticket and he didn't and he can't afford secondary market prices unfortunately.

So yea, any of y'all that wanna meet up and tailgate beforehand lemme know.

Obviously I'd rather have sat with friends, but this is probably one of the few times I was willing to go dolo just for the experience. This team has been a pretty big part of my life since I was 4 years old, and I really wanted to be there in person for our first playoff home game since 99. I think there's a pretty good chance the Seahawks beat us, especially if Griffin still isn't 100%. But its been a great season and I wanna be there to support then either way.

I might head up there as well for this one, it's always tough to get playoff tickets grouped together so we'll see.

Regardless, I hope the atmosphere is more electric than this past weekend and the Skins wipe that smirk off Pete's face and send the Seahawks back to Seattle with an L.

I took this from ES, but on the heels of Ray Lewis announcing his retirement, look at how London Fletcher's #'s compare

Ray Lewis (RL) vs. London Fletcher (LF)

Years Played - RL: 17 ... LF: 15
Combined Tackles - RL: 1,336 ... LF: 1,685
Total Tackles - RL: 972 ... LF: 1,134
Assists - RL: 364 ... LF: 551
Sacks - RL: 41.5 ... LF: 37
Pass Def - RL: 67 ... LF: 73
INT - RL: 31 ... LF: 23
TD's - RL: 3 ... LF: 2
Forced Fumbles - RL: 17 ... LF: 18
Super Bowl Rings - RL: 1 ... LF: 1

:wow:

VERY similar. But both are a product of the teams they've played for. I still say London Fletcher WILL be in the HOF.

This is a very winnable game if we execute properly. IMO it all comes down to if RGIII has his accuracy back, and if our small receivers can get away from their big corners.

I took this from ES, but on the heels of Ray Lewis announcing his retirement, look at how London Fletcher's #'s compare
VERY similar. But both are a product of the teams they've played for. I still say London Fletcher WILL be in the HOF.

IDK about them being products of their teams. Both (especially in their primes) would excel in a 4-3 dropping into coverage and playing sideline to sideline, or in a 3-4 playmaking and blitzing.

I think and hope London makes the Hall, but the difference between the two is that Ray was far more dominant in his prime. Dude was a force of nature. That early 2000s Raven defense was the best I've seen, and he was at the heart of everything for them. Cumulative stats don't tell the story in a comparison of the two.

Last edited:
IDK about them being products of their teams. Both (especially in their primes) would excel in a 4-3 dropping into coverage and playing sideline to sideline, or in a 3-4 playmaking and blitzing.
I think and hope London makes the Hall, but the difference between the two is that Ray was far more dominant in his prime. Dude was a force of nature. That early 2000s Raven defense was the best I've seen, and he was at the heart of everything for them. Cumulative stats don't tell the story in a comparison of the two.

Yeah man...those Ravens defense of the 00's were something fierce. But Ray was surrounded by amazing talent on the defensive side of the ball. Not slighting him in the least because I think that he's top-5 at the position....but over the course of Fletcher's career, he hasn't had the luxury of talent around him like Ray.

I think London SHOULD be a HOFer, and I got no issue saying that he's one of the best LBs to ever play as well. He may have lost a step at 37 or however old he is right now, but he's still damn good. And that consecutive start streak is :wow:

GREEN LOT E42!!!

You guys will not regret it! Let's meeet up there! We tailgate hard!

Back
Top Bottom