Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

Bitter way to end this awesome run. Sucks that it's always the Seahawks. :(
The way i look at it, we ride and die with Robert so I'm not even mad at Shanny keep him in there. If it was cleared with everyone and RG said he's fine...then well...that's how it goes.
Team can be improved drastically in the offseason but not quite in the mood to discuss how right now.

Last edited:
What can I say? Hell of a year from the team, and this loss today didn't sting all that much. Future is so bright and it's hard not to be proud of these guys for what they did this year.

It's going to be interesting offseason as far as roster/personnel moves.

Anyways, HTTR!

The way i look at it, we ride and die with Robert so I'm not even mad at Shanny keep him in there. If it was cleared with everyone and RG said he's fine...then well...that's how it goes.

THat's how I look at it as well.

Last edited:
dissapointed in the outcome..especially after being up 14-0.

get well RGIII..so proud of this team..gotta get better next year.

see you guys next season

dissapointed in the outcome..especially after being up 14-0.
get well RGIII..so proud of this team..gotta get better next year.
see you guys next season

Keep your head up guys. RG3 future is super bright :smokin

Richard Sherman ‏@RSherman_25
Received a very classy text from @TrentW71. Great player! This is an emotional game no ill will either way. Have a great Pro Bowl! Well deserved

Last edited:
Had to DVR the game because I got stuck working. Not going to lie, I was shook when the Skins went up 14-0. Hopefully RG III comes back at 100% next season. Rough way to end a season.

definitely dissapointed with the game, more worried with RG3's knee...

doesnt matter what people say, shanahan knew RG3 wasn't fit to play, but he made that decision. players play, but at what cost?

i know for a fact had RG3 was 100% healthy it would've been a different outcome.

still proud of my team, from 3-6 to winning 7 straight and win the NFC East.

no high draft picks for this upcoming draft, but well worth the trade :D

ONE HELL OF A YEAR WASHINGTON ********! STILL PROUD OF MY TEAM

If it's an ACL he's gonna be out til October of next year...man...from the highest of highs five minutes into the game to a gigantic low in the last 5 minutes.

Great game and much respect to the Skins and their fans, good luck moving forward..the future is bright for DC football

Tough loss, but I am proud of the team. Bright young players and a good mix of vets, we will be tough again next season for sure!

Had fun yesterday even thought we took an L. Good meeting 5am6oody72.

Not that i am a doctor or anything but the knee looked worse in this game then it did against Dallas last week. There was 0 support. You could tell if he wasn't running in a straight line the thing would buckle under him.

I really really hope it is just still a sprain and not an ACL injury. That twist did not look good though. IDK why our center was making bad snaps all game.

But id like to hear NTs opinion on if we should have kept him in there or not.

I agree with Shanahan that he earned the right to stay in and play. And when he is telling you he is ok and wants to play you kinda have to let him. Obviously in hindsight it was a bad decision. Having hindsight be 20/20 and all. We should have benched him after the first quarter and let kirk play. But even in game i thought at half time they would make the switch. You could tell he couldn't even throw accurately. Couldn't plant on the leg, he was sailing throws high. Had no accuracy throwing and wasn't a running threat.....he basically shouldn't be out there.

It's all about hindsight. From the Eagles game to last night, it was obvious that RG3 was not anywhere close to being healthy. For the past 4/5 weeks, we've seen him skipping balls in the dirt and not showing any sort of explosiveness when on the run. Now, there is some grey area as to what happened between Shanahan and Andrews during the Baltimore game, but Griffin WAS medically cleared to play following the Browns game. I have ZERO issue with him being out there last night. ****, every player interviewed agreed with Shanahan's (and Griffin's) decision to keep playing. Players get hurt...players play hurt. It's the nature of the game. For all we know, Griffin may have been facing some sort of surgery after the season regardless of what happened last night. All I'm hoping for is that he can get his body 100% by the time next season comes around. We'll be fine going forward regardless of the news of Griffin's knee today. I trust what the Skins are building and the direction of the team.

you guys had one hell of season. there's nothing to be ashamed about IMO.

I hope RGIII's knee injury isn't anything serious and makes full recovery. The NFC East is gonna be more entertaining for years to come.

you guys had one hell of season. there's nothing to be ashamed about IMO.
I hope RGIII's knee injury isn't anything serious and makes full recovery. The NFC East is gonna be more entertaining for years to come.

Thanks, man. It was a great season. TOTALLY unexpected results this year and on top of it all, the future looks good.

No bad feelings towards the Skins AT ALL, would have been my favorite team left if things had gone the other way.  Best to RG3 and if he's alright, the future is bright in D.C.

I'm curious how you guys can make some of the defensive improvements you need without a 1st next year, but having everyone back from injury will obviously help.  Think back-to-back NFC East titles should be doable.

Snyder needs to fix that damn field.  As in, he should have people out there tearing it up today....

No bad feelings towards the Skins AT ALL, would have been my favorite team left if things had gone the other way.  Best to RG3 and if he's alright, the future is bright in D.C.

I'm curious how you guys can make some of the defensive improvements you need without a 1st next year, but having everyone back from injury will obviously help.  Think back-to-back NFC East titles should be doable.

Snyder needs to fix that damn field.  As in, he should have people out there tearing it up today....

Completely agree about the field. How are we going to be one of the most profitable sports teams in the NFL and have the worse field in the league.

I think with Orakpo back next year we will improve. And a healthy Fred Davis on offense. But we need DB help badly. I don't know if merriweather is the answer, but would love to sign some veteran CB's to help out.

But I hope if nothing else this year sets the president that if RG3 is anywhere near hurt....put Cousins in. I know he will be great trade bait in a year or two....but keep a good back up for RG3. Hopefully he puts some weight on too in the off season. At this rate id rather him be slower and heavier then faster and lighter.

Skins insider tweeted that he's hearing that RG3 has a torn MCL. Nothing has been announced yet (officially), so that news could change.

Just like Robert's knee.....the Skins couldn't sustain the intensity they played with for the first 15 minutes of football.

Players play. Coaches coach. Mike should have made the executive decision to take Robert out of the game in the second quarter...not only for the sake of the team, but for the sake of that young man's health. I don't agree with that and I have been saying since the Browns game that I like a healthy Cousins over a less than 50% RG III.

Unfortunate way to end a great run. The bounces, breaks......or twists, didn't go the ******** ways yesterday. Third down conversion on the Seahawks second drive, the Wilson fumble that Lynch picked up and ran for 20 yards, an INT dropped in the endzone, critical penalty on D. Hall on third down to extend a drive, and a lot of drops by WRs.

Even non-football fans could tell RG III was in no shape to play....it was only a matter of team before the wheels fell off. You drive a car without doing any maintenance long enough.....eventually that thing will give out.

Now we can focus our full attention on the Wizards.

Man Of Steelz* (@OnlyOneSteelz) tweeted at 11:44 AM on Mon, Jan 07, 2013:All im hearing is RG3 injury is pretty bad. We are talking season here

Reports are all over the place...you have the best possible news (MCL) - to this...2013 season = done.

Just gotta play the waiting game.

Good season guys.

I called it last year when RG3 was being scouted, and they projected him to fall into the Browns lap - that he would be franchise-changing player and had nothing but the highest expectations for him. He exceeded those, and some. Though it didn't end the way you guys may have liked, you still have a very bright future and potentially could snatch the NFC East next year.

Take care.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom