Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

So true man. I was holding my breath on that goal line sack. Every time a defender got close to him i was just thinking...please don't get hurt please don't get hurt. Waiting for the new reports today.......are there any stories of dudes coming back after 2 ACL tears in the same knee? Will he return to normal?

All you can do is hope he turns out more like Adrian Peterson and not like Gilbert Arenas.

Everyone in this area knows how explosive Gilbert was before the injury.....and the multiple surgeries. :smh:

I still don't fault Shanahan for how he handled the situation on Sunday.
This is why you're not a physician. That was embarrassing to watch and it was absolutely the wrong move. He should have been yanked after the second TD. He ABSOLUTELY, UNQUESTIONABLY should have been yanked after he hobbled his way to that scramble in the second half.

I don't know what the deal is between Shanahan and Dr. Andrews is, but something is going on there. Shanahan is an idiot. I feel bad for you guys.

C'mon now...his career is not in jeopardy. That's a bit much. Any player who steps on an NFL field is susceptible to injury. I think that's something that we can ALL agree on.

We had won 7 straight...we were in the playoffs as one of the hottest teams in the NFL. We were WINNING the game going into the 4th quarter. I'd guarantee that everyone (despite what RGIII looked like) on that roster, including the coaches, felt like Griff gave this team the best chance at moving on and facing the Falcons. I think the player/coach mentality is VERY different from a fan perspective. These guys are wired differently than us. There's a reason why Ronnie lott chose to cut off part of his finger to continue to play...it goes on and on. I'm not going to sit here and criticize the coaches or Griffin for their decisions on Sunday. Players supported the coaches and vice versa.

What we know about RG3 is this man will leave it all on the field to win. In the panthers game following his concussion vs. the Falcons, he's out there diving head first to not only gain more yardage in the crunch, but also to fire up the rest of his squad. He leads by example and that is part of the reason why he was voted the team captain at 22 years old.

He'll be back - and better than before.

*Someone brought up a great point....Jay Cutler was roasted for essentially subbing himself out of a big game...Griffin stays in and the decision is questioned. It's a no win. This is why I say it's a complete catch-22 and there is no right/wrong answer for the decisions made (or not made) on Sunday.

This is why you're not a physician. That was embarrassing to watch and it was absolutely the wrong move. He should have been yanked after the second TD. He ABSOLUTELY, UNQUESTIONABLY should have been yanked after he hobbled his way to that scramble in the second half.
I don't know what the deal is between Shanahan and Dr. Andrews is, but something is going on there. Shanahan is an idiot. I feel bad for you guys.

I don't care what you think...I'm not faulting anyone for what happened on Sunday. Your OPINION is not the right answer.

Last edited:
It's a lose-lose situation, what more is there to look at.

If he stays in the game, the coaching staff gets fire thrown their way for possibly ruining this man's career. If he leaves the game, his mental toughness gets questioned after having a warrior's mentality the whole season.

Sure looking back on it most of you would have yanked him off the field right after he tweaked his knee the first time. I can damn sure guarantee most of you weren't saying that when it actually happened and we were up 14-0 (I personally didn't see him tweak his knee the first time since I was high up in the stands at the game).

Our miracle 7 game run and 1st place finish in the NFC east in the last 13 years will now be overshadowed by this debacle until the start of next season. Disgusting :smh:

Really hope it's nothing too serious and RGIII can make a fully recovery. |I

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Robert Griffin expected to undergo surgery this week on torn LCL and at that time doctors will determine if any damage has been done to ACL.

could be possible of no RG3 for the 2013-2014 season :smh:

time for captain kirk to shine, thank goodness we have a good backup quarterback

time for captain kirk to shine, thank goodness we have a good backup quarterback
No sir

RGIII is currently under the knife now to repair a torn ACL/LCL....6-8 mos. recovery....Dr. Andrews performing the surgery.

He'll be starting week 1.

We've beaten this discussion into the ground regarding Shanahan/RGIII...I did hear another great point this morning.

Nats treated Strasburg w/ kid gloves and he ended up missing an entire season due to TJ surgery. Shanahan rode RGIII till the wheels fell off, and here we are now. Point is, **** happens in sports.

RGIII is currently under the knife now to repair a torn ACL/LCL....6-8 mos. recovery....Dr. Andrews performing the surgery.
He'll be starting week 1.
We've beaten this discussion into the ground regarding Shanahan/RGIII...I did hear another great point this morning.
Nats treated Strasburg w/ kid gloves and he ended up missing an entire season due to TJ surgery. Shanahan rode RGIII till the wheels fell off, and here we are now. Point is, **** happens in sports.

Hopefully,

Welp no one can say that RG3 is soft.

He has played on a torn ACL TWICE!

He is no Jay Cutler.

******g knew it though. :smh:

No sir

I don't know how much of this is speculation since they aren't 100% sure what is going on in there. But either way its good news. I hope for a speedy recovery but more importantly a proper/healthy recovery. PLEASE do not hurry back if you are not 100%.

How is this guy supposed to have total reconstructive knee surgery and only be out 6-8 months? That doesn't even sound right. Why try to rush the guy back when there is a capable back up that can run the offense?

Do you think anyone would be comfortable with him back that fast though? That seems like a tall task. Hopefully he can recover and return back to the player he was before the injury.
It's speculating. But he could be back in that time frame.

Do you think anyone would be comfortable with him back that fast though? That seems like a tall task. Hopefully he can recover and return back to the player he was before the injury.

Absolutely. If he's recovered in that 6-8 month window, he should be out there.

Welker tore his ACL/MCL in week 17 back in '09. I think he was out there for the 1st game in 2010.

Absolutely. If he's recovered in that 6-8 month window, he should be out there.
Welker tore his ACL/MCL in week 17 back in '09. I think he was out there for the 1st game in 2010.
That's true...  But a QB has to be out there EVERY play, so it's definitely a little different.  I wonder if Shanahan will go back to the drawing board on this offense they've created and keep RG3 in the pocket a little more.  I hope it's not too much of a setback- RG3 could've been a second year MVP candidate, if he continued to improve.

From RG3's Dad, VIA USA TODAY

USA Today Sports received a text message from Griffin III’s father who says the initial MRI showed no evidence of a tear to the ACL, the ligament he had repaired in 2009.

“Robert’s ACL is intact, but not enough for his profession,” Robert Griffin III said. “You and I could be fine. But he is an athlete. So they will replace.

http://www.csnwashington.com/footba...s-update-surgery?awid=7027829607317224950-849

Last edited:
Now that we know what's wrong with RG, our next order of business is to fix that goddamn field :x

That's true...  But a QB has to be out there EVERY play, so it's definitely a little different.  I wonder if Shanahan will go back to the drawing board on this offense they've created and keep RG3 in the pocket a little more.  I hope it's not too much of a setback- RG3 could've been a second year MVP candidate, if he continued to improve.

RG3's elusiveness is what made our line look better than what it was. Also, just because he sits in the pocket doesn't mean he won't be as high of a risk for an injury. Guys like Big Ben, Brady, Romo, etc. have all sustained pretty major injuries while staying behind the line.

All we can do is x our fingers that he remains healthy enough to get through 16+ games. Injuries can happen anywhere.

This is good news.

RG3 is young and athletic enough that he can recover 100% from this and have a full career. Let's hope no one risks this by trying to get him back 1 or 2 or even 10 games before he's ready,

Dunno how to embed videos but I thought this was funny. Richard Sherman mic'ed up during the game.
http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video.html?freewheel=69016&sitesection=kcpq&VID=24189025

:lol: just saw it on HH

Background on 'spurned' comment

Obviously, you may know this already, but RG3 was recruited by Jim Harbaugh at Stanford to run a 2-QB system with Andrew Luck (holy **** can you imagine?) but RG3 wasn’t down with that action.

It’s come out recently (I can’t find the article) that Richard Sherman persuaded/or at least influenced RG3 to not choose Stanford because, and I’m paraphrasing, ‘Harbaugh is a ****.’ Sherman fell down the depth chart there after getting injured despite leading the Cardinal in receiving his fresh year (Freshman All-American at WR). In order to get past this little hurdle, Sherman switched to cornerback (some say because he’d have to deal with Harbaugh less too). Doug Baldwin, another former Stanford player that is now a Seahawk, also detests Harbaugh, so it’s not just a Richard Sherman thing.

So, the comment “I’ve been proud of you since you spurned(?) us. I didn’t want to tell nobody what I told you. (laughing). But I didn’t want you to go down that path.” is Sherman talking about Harbaugh (I’m pretty sure), and how he told RG3 not to ‘go down that path’ and play for Harbaugh.

Despite what many in the fanbase think of Sherman, I respect him and his game. Dude can play.

I've got no problems with Sherman/Thomas/Chancellor, I can't stand Browner or Pete ******* Carroll.

Back
Top Bottom