Official 2013 NFL Washington Diplomats SEASON Thread - Last Game 12/29 @ 1:00 PM vs. Giants

STATEMENT FROM JAMES R. ANDREWS, M.D., ANDREWS INSTITUTE
REGARDING PROCEDURE PERFORMED ON ROBERT GRIFFIN III

"Robert Griffin III had successful knee surgery early this morning. He had a direct repair of his LCL and a re-do of his previous ACL reconstruction. We expect a full recovery and it is everybody's hope and belief that due to Robert's high motivation, he will be ready for the 2013 season.

The goal of his treatment is to give him the best opportunity for a long professional career."

:hat

So basically they found what they thought they would find. I'm guessing he'll be back before the regular season starts. Re-tearing your ACL isn't any worse than tearing it the first time.

So basically they found what they thought they would find. I'm guessing he'll be back before the regular season starts. Re-tearing your ACL isn't any worse than tearing it the first time.

This is good to know i always wondered if the 2nd tear was a death sentence of sorts. But i guess it doesn't make much of a difference

This is good to know i always wondered if the 2nd tear was a death sentence of sorts. But i guess it doesn't make much of a difference
Out with the old, in with the new. You're not repairing anything. You're making a completely new ACL.

They definitely should not shelve the read option game when he gets back, as others have pointed out none of his injuries occurred on those plays. Those are safer in general because its a designed run and he is anticipating contact and prepared to avoid/mitigate it more than he would be when dropping back to pass and then scrambling.

That being said, he needs to learn how to avoid big hits and how to take a hit in general. When you watch Russell Wilson or Johnny Manziel scramble, they do a much better job of making sure guys don't get clean hits on them and absorbing contact. Griffin looks like a sprinter when he scrambles and isn't good at changing direction quickly and shifting his weight to take hits like those two. His strides are much bigger and seem to leave his legs more vulnerable and not allow him to be as elusive. He had started to do a little better job of it towards the end before he got injured, hopefully he keeps improving once he gets healthy or else another injury is probably right around the corner.

What's with our QB's not being able to slide? First Jason Campbell, then Grossman, and RGIII doesn't know how to either...he just dives. If he can't learn to avoid contact I honestly don't think he'll last more than 5 years in the league. He needs to change his mindset to where he's a cautious playmaker. Like said above, Russell Wilson is great at gaining the yards he needs to and then getting down/out of bounds.

:hat Dude seems dedicated. I have faith in this guy to come back better than before.

Just please learn to protect yourself and slide.

Am I the only one that thinks showing a players injury over and over and over againi(ESPN) is tacky? I mean goddamn, we get it. :{

:hat Dude seems dedicated. I have faith in this guy to come back better than before.

Just please learn to protect yourself and slide.

Am I the only one that thinks showing a players injury over and over and over againi(ESPN) is tacky? I mean goddamn, we get it. :{
espn is tacky in so many ways these days.

they are led by the king of tackiness... stuart scott.

This is a sigh of relief:

The NFLPA will not demand a formal investigation of the Washington ********' handling of the knee injury suffered by quarterback Robert Griffin III as allowed under the sport's collective bargaining agreement.

On Tuesday, the NFLPA made an informal inquiry to the ******** and their medical staff in response to discrepancies in the reports about the team's treatment of Griffin's injury.

NFLPA Executive Director DeMaurice Smith said: "Playing through pain is a harsh reality of our business and our union will always hold the League and the clubs accountable to the best medical care. Our thoughts are with Robert as he recovers from his surgery and we hope he returns to full strength."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...ffered-robert-griffin-iii-washington-********

Anyone else listen to WPGC 95.5? They've changed their flagship name to WRG3 for right now :lol sounds funny when they say it.

From rotowolrd

A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that there is "much greater concern" about Robert Griffin III's reconstructed right knee than Griffin or "anyone connected to the ********" has let on.
Griffin will end up rehabbing both knees because surgeons were forced to use a patellar tendon graft from his left knee in order to fix his right. He tore the ACL, LCL, and partially tore his meniscus in the right knee. Per PFT's source, the "biggest concern" is with Griffin's knee cartilage. Due to two knee constructions and ultimately three surgeries since 2009 at Baylor, there is concern "about how much (cartilage) remains and how long it will last" in Griffin's knee(s). A potential end result could be a bone-on-bone condition, which can lead to microfracture surgery and/or shorten a football player's career. Jan 12 - 2:30 PM

This whole situation seems like it is being swept under the rug. This was a major reconstruction surgery. The ******** are acting like it is no big deal. Knee surgery....he will be back to start 2013. Even if that is the case why aren't we getting this type of information from reputable outlets. Why do we need to hear it from "sources close to the situation". Just seems fishy. But i hope he is ok, I hope he bounces back in 2013 and i hope it doesn't effect his long term career.

From rotowolrd
This whole situation seems like it is being swept under the rug. This was a major reconstruction surgery. The ******** are acting like it is no big deal. Knee surgery....he will be back to start 2013. Even if that is the case why aren't we getting this type of information from reputable outlets. Why do we need to hear it from "sources close to the situation". Just seems fishy. But i hope he is ok, I hope he bounces back in 2013 and i hope it doesn't effect his long term career.

The PFT article is crap.

You're right...it is a MAJOR reconstruction surgery. Is it breaking news that there is cause for concern from the ******** brass? That's OBVIOUS. PFT wanted page hits with this article.

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release
January 14, 2013

ROBERT GRIFFIN III NAMED PRO FOOTBALL WEEKLY/PFWA
ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – Pro Football Weekly, along with the Pro Football Writers of America, announced that Washington ******** quarterback Robert Griffin III has been named their overall Rookie of the Year and Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Griffin III, 22, finished the season having completed 258-of-393 passes (65.6 percent) for 3,200 passing yards, 20 touchdowns, only five interceptions and a passer rating of 102.4, all team rookie records. In addition, he rushed 120 times for 815 yards with seven rushing touchdowns in 2012, all three of which are team records for a quarterback. His 102.4 passer rating, 1.3 interception rate and 815 rushing yards are all NFL records for rookie quarterbacks. Griffin III also led the NFL in yards per pass attempt (8.14), yards per rush attempt (6.8) and least interceptions thrown among players with 300-plus pass attempts (5).

Griffin III began and finished his rookie campaign making history. With a season-opening win against the New Orleans Saints, he became the first player born in the 1990s to start at quarterback in NFL history. In the victory he completed 19-of-26 passes for 320 yards and two touchdowns and finished with a passer rating of 139.9, becoming the first player in NFL history to compile 300-plus passing yards, two or more passing touchdowns and no interceptions in an NFL debut. Griffin III finished the regular season helping the ******** defeat the Dallas Cowboys in Week 17 to win their first NFC Championship since 1999. He surpassed 800 yards rushing for the season in the game, becoming the first rookie quarterback with 800-plus yards on the ground and 3,000-plus passing yards in a season. Griffin III also earned his first career Pro Bowl selection, becoming the first ******** offensive rookie to earn a selection since Larry Brown in 1969.

Griffin III is the first member of the ******** to be named Pro Football Weekly/PFWA Offensive Rookie of the Year since Mike Thomas received the

The big willie is the AP OROY...but this is still a good look.

Last edited:
Robert Griffin III of the Washington ******** has won The Associated Press 2012 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year award, beating out two other sensational first-year quarterbacks.

Griffin, whose thrill-a-minute combination of running and passing skills led Washington to its first NFC East title in 13 years, pulled away from Andrew Luck of the Colts and Russell Wilson of the Seahawks in a lopsided vote announced Saturday.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8...obert-griffin-iii-named-offensive-rookie-year

& from rotoworld

Robert Griffin III: RGIII: No doubt in my mind I'll be ready Wk 1
Robert Griffin III - QB - WAS - Feb. 2 - 6:28 pm et

Robert Griffin III (ACL, LCL surgery) says "no doubt" he'll be ready for Week 1.
Griffin says his knee feels good, and he's been walking without crutches for more than a week. Those that have seen him down in New Orleans for the Super Bowl say that RGIII is also walking without a limp. Owner Dan Snyder said RGIII's recovery has been "very impressive." With the ******** getting daily updates from Griffin, we should be able to track his recovery rather closely throughout the spring and summer. Feb. 2 - 6:28 pm et
Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...news.asp?sport=NFL&id=7406&line=255055&spln=1

Happy 23rd Birthday to the savior of the franchise, RGIII. :hat here's hoping it'll be the best year of his life.

Adam Schefter Adam SchefterVerified account ‏@AdamSchefter

******** officials already are encouraged enough with @RGIII's recovery to believe he has a legitimate chance to start on opening day.

If there is one athlete I believe in, it's RGIII. I'm definitely all in for week 1.

******** considering nuclear option to restore cap space
Posted by Mike Florio on February 25, 2013, 4:35 PM EST

Last year, the NFL stripped $36 million in cap space from the ********, who along with the Cowboys apparently took the term “uncapped year” too literally in 2010.

In response, the ******** employed half-measures to recover the cap dollars, filing a grievance under the labor deal that did nothing other than stir up a cockeyed collusion claim from the NFLPA.

This year, with half of the penalty due to hit the 2013 salary cap, the ******** could be opting for a more complete assault on the league’s position. Or at least threatening it.

According to Mark Maske and Mike Jones of the Washington Post, the ******** are spreading the word in Indianapolis that they’re considering legal action aimed at delaying the start of free agency while litigation proceeds regarding the question of whether the ********’ legal rights were violated. The ******** are telling agents that any contract talks will be delayed until the situation is resolved.

Rest of Article in Link

Nice article DoubleJ's.  I wish your owner had the same fervor in trying to please his fans and product as he does when going after his "enemies" and opponents. 

Since the Saints and the players won their case against Goodell I'm guessing the Skins smell blood in the water and want to go after the NFL while the getting is good.    

Nice article DoubleJ's.  I wish your owner had the same fervor in trying to please his fans and product as he does when going after his "enemies" and opponents. 

Since the Saints and the players won their case against Goodell I'm guessing the Skins smell blood in the water and want to go after the NFL while the getting is good.    

Skins got a case here....

As an OWNER, I have no issue with how Dan Snyder has been doing things for the past couple of years. He's stayed in the background.

Back
Top Bottom