Official 2014-2015 Atlanta Hawks Season Thread

Hawks played like complete **** in game one and had a chance to win at the end. Hawks should take this series in 5 or 6 IMO

Hawks played like complete **** in game one and had a chance to win at the end. Hawks should take this series in 5 or 6 IMO
Well they played well for the first half then chucked their way out of it. just missing flat out wide open jumpers. Not with hands in their face or anything. Sometimes I think The Hawks think they're the Dubs and they are most certainly not and not really close. Dubs don't go 25% for a half. U leave Steph and Klay open they hit. Other dudes over there dont miss wide open shots for a whole half like we've done twice now these playoffs. Game 3 Brooklyn same thing. Korver is the only guy I trust. As for the rest of the hawks I've lost confidence in all of their shooting except for Carroll whose playing like he's worth damn near 10 mil a season now. Thinking hawks will offer him a contract like what Teague makes. 32 mil over 4 years or something. But i didnt see anything from the Wiz to be particularly scared of. Beal went for 28 but he's hurt now. Wall is hurt now. And those injuries didnt kick in til yesterday morning. See how they feel tonight. If I was the Wiz id consider sitting Beal. Hawks should have sat Teague game 1.

Last edited:
And even Al Horford said that 36 hour turnaround was "funky" said that didn't make sense that Cleveland swept their series and Chicago Went 6 Games, just like the Wiz and Atlanta, and they played a day a half after atlanta. Even Horfords Pops Former NBA player Tito Horford said it was BS. Especially Chicago. Played their game 6 a day before atlanta and got to play their game 1 a day and a half after atlanta had to. Not to mention they even put us as the 1 o clock game not even the night game. If Al is *****ing about it, then I know it's some BS. Clippers series goes 7 games they still get a full 2 days rest. Bulls go 6 get 3 days rest. Hawks series go 6 get 36 hours to rest lol. Like i said the league hates the Hawks. Screwed us on that one big time. Not the least bit surprising tho. Another blown call against us in the Final mins. Gortat charged Horford on a made dunk. That's now 5 out of the last 6 calls have come against us in that refs report.

Last edited:
Apologize to the San Antonio faithful. Meant no disrespect to the locals. Don't clutter up my teams thread with huge Emojis please and thank u sir. Act like spurs fans are off limits or something lol. Yea they can catch hell too. Jus like hawks fans catch it all the time. So please spare me. When I come to the spurs thread and start trash talking then u can have a legitimate gripe.

Last edited:
^ All of that.

If your team is not the Hawks and you have a problem with your team or fans of your team being trashed in here, this ain't the thread to defend that. Same goes for EVERY team thread.

Last edited:
A hit dog will holler.
*gave u that one before Anti
just because I don't like u doesn't mean I don't respect u. Ur above even responding to that recent post. U should be at least.

That being said...

Hawks even it up tonight. Zero doubt in my mind. I'm inclined to say they actually win 'comfortably'.

That being said...

Hawks even it up tonight. Zero doubt in my mind. I'm inclined to say they actually win 'comfortably'.
I really hope so man. Almost feeling like this team has been jekyll and Hyde thus far these playoffs. Hell even within games apparantly they can change. But that's just my jaded and paranoid effected pov from years of being scared. I know the Hawks are the better team. Especially when we're at home like we will be tonight. As long as we knock down open shots we will win. We don't we will be in a dog fight all night til the buzzer. Hopefully our bench can actually jus give us something, anything, cause our starters are cruising.

Last edited:
[quote name="Mister Friendly"][quote name="ryanjumpman420"][quote name="Mister Friendly"]
What the heck are you talking about?[/quote]Spurs bandwaggon fans. Not all of them.[/quote]I still have no idea what you are talking about[/quote]Spurs fan was clowning, ryan called him out ("Don't come in here trolling"), Kane agreed with ryan ("Especially when his team was out in the first round"). I've deleted the Spurs' fans posts, which is probably why the dialogue between Kane & ryan doesn't make sense to you.

You still thinking Hawks in 5, though?

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly  
Originally Posted by ryanjumpman420  
Originally Posted by Mister Friendly  
What the heck are you talking about?
Spurs bandwaggon fans. Not all of them.
I still have no idea what you are talking about
Spurs fan was clowning, ryan called him out ("Don't come in here trolling"), Kane agreed with ryan ("Especially when his team was out in the first round"). I've deleted the Spurs' fans posts, which is probably why the dialogue between Kane & ryan doesn't make sense to you.

You still thinking Hawks in 5, though?
Me? I made one post in recently and that was the rolling eyes face. I havent posted in this thread outside of that for three days.

I still have no idea what you are talking about
the fact that they got 10 free agents and that team is probably gonna be broken up.
Its nowhere near ten free agents, its five and of those five three of them are guaranteed not to play for another team. If Manu and Tim play basketball next year it will be in a Spurs jersey and Kawhi is taking the money from us. What happens to Danny and Marco is up in the air.

I hope this series makes it to at least five cause I'd go to game five. Honestly cant call it either way, I said all year that the Hawks' weakness was a lack of size and now they're playing a team that sports a bigger player at almost every position. Its going to be a problem.

Wasn't you. Actually, might not even be a Spurs fan.

Doesn't matter, though. :smile:

Size isn't the problem our bigs are better than theirs it's the hawks bench whose giving them absolutely nothing. From my POV anyway. Wiz went small anyways running Pierce at the 4 and putting nene on the bench in game 1. Millsap just has to be able to exploit Pierce in the post cause when the wiz do go big they can't run with the hawks. As long as the hawks are making open shots.

in game 1 the hawks were up by as much as 13 I believe and we're never down more than 6 and lost by 6. Bazemore and Antic were -10 and -15 respectively. Giving they both played 20 mins id say that's the bench absolutely killing u. And the continuation of Mike Scott being MIA offensively and defensively. Baze was Thabos backup. Clearly there is a huge falloff there.

Last edited:
Never had any faith in either of them to begin with been calling for Muscala over pero for months now and Baze is just a flat out crutch. Hes not even close to thabo. They'll have to convince me otherwise. Rather see them go with Mack over Bazemore. Mack can at least shoot and dribble. Bazemore is like 1-15 from 3 in the playoffs. These are the problems that come with a 58 million dollar team. wholesale subs off the bench. Baze and Pero are 12th man's in the nba. Paid like it. Play like it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom