OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

How does Martell compare to Dwayne Haskins Jr the QB Urban signed this year.
Haskins is the better passer and may have a higher ceiling. Right now, Martell is the better runner/playmaker and may even be a better fit for what Urban likes to do with QBs. Martell will be great. He's a decent passer himself - looked super accurate throwing on the run in all the camp videos I've seen - but the knock is due to his size he might be a shotgun only QB.

Yeah I think Martell will be the better fit for our offense when it's all said and done. I'm assuming we will have a QB transfer eventually because we will see loaded at that position in the next year or two. Especially if JT stays for his senior year

Mark Richt's first year with Miami could go in a lot of different directions

GettyImages-499944600.0.jpg

The Hurricanes made a very sensible hire, but it's hard to say if it will pay quick dividends
1. "That makes sense."

Every coaching search takes on its own identity over time. Maybe there's an obvious front-runner from the start. Maybe there are 20 semi-sensible names. Maybe the fan base adopts one particular name while administration works from a completely different list.

Occasionally, a perfectly sensible name comes out of the blue.

From the moment Al Golden was formally done as Miami's head coach, a lot of names got tossed around. A large section of the fan base clamored for former Miami head coach Butch Davis, the architect of the Hurricanes' last run of dominance. We saw Mississippi State head coach Dan Mullen's name. Former Rutgers and Tampa Bay coach Greg Schiano. Former FIU head coach and 'Cane player Mario Cristobal. Alabama offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin.

Then Georgia fired Mark Richt. And within about three days, Richt was Miami's man.
http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ricanes-football-2016-preview-schedule-roster

Miami season preview from Bill Connelly

Last edited:
WR and CB depth are scary for this squad. An injury or 2 at CB and it could get ugly back there. Also, will need young guys to step up immediately at WR, in some form of Bruce, Richards or Mullins. 

Mark Long ‏@APMarkLong  7h7 hours ago
AP source: Longtime Gators AD Jeremy Foley, one of the most successful sports leaders in the country, is retiring today
would tOBC take that job?

SEC Media Days isn't going to be the same this year 
mean.gif

frown.gif

Yeah I think Martell will be the better fit for our offense when it's all said and done. I'm assuming we will have a QB transfer eventually because we will see loaded at that position in the next year or two. Especially if JT stays for his senior year
How do yall feel about Tim Beck this season? 

Meyer ****** up not hiring Sanford last offseason, and basically made the same mistake he made at UF with Addiazio IMO.

How do yall feel about Tim Beck this season? 

Meyer ****** up not hiring Sanford last offseason, and basically made the same mistake he made at UF with Addiazio IMO.

I'm not happy he is still around honestly. But in our final 2 games against you guys and Notre Dame they put him in the box with Warriner and the offense looked better. I blame that lost season on him for ruining the offense and Urban for allowing it. That team had way too much talent to not be putting up points :smh:

Last edited:
Sounds like he was pushed out which is odd unless there were issues with him qualifying. Which is odd...

Sounds like he was pushed out which is odd unless there were issues with him qualifying. Which is odd...
numbers... heard they wanted him to gray shirt

Isn't he supposed to be good enough to be a definite take?

Bobby Layne Bobby Layne Cam rocking 55 isn't official yet. USC changed the roster info back to 35 and he took the 55 off his Twitter.

Unclear if it was a mistake or prematurely revealed but we've known that they wanted to give him the 55 since like Feb.

Back
Top Bottom