OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Paul Pierce, but I gotta respect that man for what he's done. He's a gamer and one of the greats.

The whole Internet seemed to like to poke fun every time Rose got hurt. Dudes be posting memes and stuff

But now that he is playing well, the same Internet agree that Rose playing well is a 'good story'

If Rose gets hurt again, y'all will just turn on him again smh

Last edited:
The whole Internet seemed to like to poke fun every time Rose got hurt. Dudes be posting memes and stuff

But now that he is playing well, the same Internet agree that Rose playing well is a 'good story'

If Rose gets hurt again, y'all will just turn on him again smh

How do you know it's the same people?

blame/thank scotty.. if he had actually played funaki earlier, it wouldn't have gotten to that
happy.gif

The last four NBA champions were "jump shooting teams"

This keeps getting brought up, but did the last 4 nba champions rely on their best player to shoot 3's? I think having Lebron, Duncan, Parker, etc. really gave those teams a different dynamic. If a team primarily led by two elite shooters win the title, I would say that's a first. Its not more so about them being a jump shooting team, but the fact their two best players rely on the 3 ball.
Does generating the three pointers count as making them? They might as well.

:lol: Is this a serious comment? Look at the points in the paint for those teams...and the shots taken within 15 feet of the basket. You don't have to have a post player to not be labeled a jump shooting team. Heck the only team with old school post players is Memphis.

Phil jackson alluded to this with his comment

This keeps getting brought up, but did the last 4 nba champions rely on their best player to shoot 3's? I think having Lebron, Duncan, Parker, etc. really gave those teams a different dynamic. If a team primarily led by two elite shooters win the title, I would say that's a first. Its not more so about them being a jump shooting team, but the fact their two best players rely on the 3 ball.

This. I've always said what exactly is a jump shooting team anyway. Dallas, San antone, Miami don't win without dirk, duncan lebron playing their role closer to the hoop.

No :lol:

Last edited:

I don't think so. Just look at the difference between LAC and GSW. They both attempted the same amount of 3's during the season, but we all know LAC brings a different dynamic to the table. Their best player on a lot of nights during the playoffs was their post player, Blake. They can play in the halfcourt if needed because they have someone who can operate in the post. CP3 also is best in the pick and roll and shooting the midrange, not necessarily an elite 3 point shooter.

I don't think you can necessarily call LAC a team that simply relies on the jump shot to win ball games. When I look at GSW, I see that.

You also see the Clippers taking 6 less 3PA's a game in the playoffs compared to GSW. It may have a little to do with the hack-a-Jordan strategy, though.

The Return of David Lee is tonight. 25 / 15 / 5 on 78% shootting.

Last edited:
Only 1 of those players won anything w/o him. So you can't discredit the system THAT much.

Um what? :lol:

He got them all in the prime of their careers, Kobe TWICE.

You expect 40 year old MJ to win a ring wth the Wizards? Or 38 year old Pippen to win with the Trailblazers?

There's many coaches that could've won rings with the talent he was blessed with. I think he was better at creating a psychological environment that produced winning than being great at coaching basketball.

He was more guru than game master, which is fine but failing to adapt to the times when you don't have any generational talent is a game you'll lose.

Same reason I don't believe the Knicks will ever succeed if he doesn't change his views and built a modern team.

Idk, I see coaches struggle w/ a good amount of talent (Scott Brooks, Kevin McHale)... But while he did have them in their prime, you can't totally discredit a system that has been proven to win championships in the past. I just can't see how you think good coaching didn't have anything to do w/ it. Those teams weren't invincible (except maybe Jordan when he was gettin every foul call known to man).

Haven't read much of the thread today so if I'm saying things someone else already said, my bad.

But shooting a lot of 3's is fine. Clips were one of the top 5 best 3pt shooting teams in the league this year. They have an anchor though, and their two best players aren't reliant on the 3 point line. Huge difference.

I've changed my stance on the jump shooting team winning thing. You can win with shooting, but your best players can't be reliant on jumpshots to win. It's just too hard and too easy to gameplan against that. Eventually, the 3's and shots won't fall.

that was horrible....

this dude got some great hits...but that **** was like jamie foxx singing the anthem...

Ye dropped it at 20 sec mark too. Oh well, not like they can fine him.

Definitely a problem that Mosgov had a highlight mix. Pau was sorely missed.

We need a guy glued to JR every minute he is on the floor.

Bulls win tomorrow.

Haven't read much of the thread today so if I'm saying things someone else already said, my bad.

But shooting a lot of 3's is fine. Clips were one of the top 5 best 3pt shooting teams in the league this year. They have an anchor though, and their two best players aren't reliant on the 3 point line. Huge difference.

I've changed my stance on the jump shooting team winning thing. You can win with shooting, but your best players can't be reliant on jumpshots to win. It's just too hard and too easy to gameplan against that. Eventually, the 3's and shots won't fall.

This is exactly my stance. Just look at how the Grizz are playing GSW. They are jumping out so far on the pick and roll knowing GSW is not necessarily looking to atttack. They want the 3 ball 80% of the time. Of course, their passing ability, cuts, etc. makes it somewhat difficult to defend and the fact they have guys that literally throw the ball up from 30 feet and knock it down. The rotations are much different as well when it comes to defending GSW compared to a team like LAC. You simply cannot rotate with most guards/forwards with Griffin being the roll man. You can do thatt against GSW because they have smaller guys like Draymond, Barnes, or whoever may be rolling to the basket. Bogut lack of athleticism and offensive skillset is not to going to kill you that much either.

You have to be a very discipline team to beat the Warriors. They are still a very tough squad and if you're not discipline enough or cannot control the pace, they will blow you out. That's why having excellent PG play is so important. Conley is excellent at controlling pace and so is CP3. I love Westbrook, but he would play right into what GSW wants him to do :lol: .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom