OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk, I see coaches struggle w/ a good amount of talent (Scott Brooks, Kevin McHale)... But while he did have them in their prime, you can't totally discredit a system that has been proven to win championships in the past. I just can't see how you think good coaching didn't have anything to do w/ it. Those teams weren't invincible (except maybe Jordan when he was gettin every foul call known to man).
When Phil got to chicago, that team was not all that different from the team doug collins was coaching. Putting Jordan (and later Kobe, Shaq) in the mid / pinch post, allowing them to take advantage of their elite skill and talent, completely changed everything. Made it much harder to double, and put his best players closer to the basket. Also created incredible space for the less talented players to take advantage of what they did well as well. Doug Collins had Jordan playing point in a lot of cases, and there really wasn't any real structure at all.

When phil got to LAL, he actually stripped the team a bit of it's talent and constructing a team that supported it's best players in the most proper fashion. Putting shaq and Kobe in areas closer to the hoop, making it harder to double them, its no wonder they flourished under him and why the triangle works so well. 

That to me is one of phil and the triangle's biggest strength and why he's so good. He puts his best players in the best positions to be most effective, and puts players who are not as talented in positions where they can be most useful, according to their talents. Every player on the floor under phil can be effective, which can't be said for most of the other offenses in the league.

From Chris Vernon:

Since 2010-11, when both Mike Conley and Tony Allen play against Golden State, the Grizz are 12-1.

May not mean much, but the Curry / Klay era started in 2011-12. Just an interesting stat. The one loss came this year when TA got injured midway through the game.

Last edited:

Let's keep it on the stove here...

I'm surprised this isn't a bigger story than it is.

He's not only lucky the ref's missed this call (and considering how he was damn near at the 3 point line I don't see how they could)

but he's lucky Tyron Lue snatched his goofy *** back to the bench like a child wandering into traffic! That right there alone saved the game and potentially the series for Cleveland. That alone justifies why Lue is the highest paid Asst. Coach in the NBA.

The fact that Blatt didn't have the presence of mind as the head coach of a top NBA Team at that point in the game, 1st year or not, is unacceptable.

The fact that he followed it up by drawing up a play having Lebron INBOUND THE BALL ON THE FINAL PLAY has me questioning if he really deserves to be the head coach of a team of this caliber.

Fortunately he used 2 of his 9 lives. It kind of makes you really consider now all those stories about Blatt, Lebron, and Lue when it comes to play calling and execution on the court.

View media item 1528682
xbljuhftbd4nygivzohi.gif

Last edited:

He's not only lucky the ref's missed this call (and considering how he was damn near at the 3 point line I don't see how they could)

but he's lucky Tyron Lue snatched his goofy *** back to the bench like a child wandering into traffic! That right there alone saved the game and potentially the series for Cleveland. That alone justifies why Lue is the highest paid Asst. Coach in the NBA.

The fact that Blatt didn't have the presence of mind as the head coach of a top NBA Team at that point in the game, 1st year or not, is unacceptable.

The fact that he followed it up by drawing up a play having Lebron INBOUND THE BALL ON THE FINAL PLAY has me questioning if he really deserves to be the head coach of a team of this caliber.

Fortunately he used 2 of his 9 lives. It kind of makes you really consider now all those stories about Blatt, Lebron, and Lue when it comes to play calling and execution on the court.

When I heard this I couldn't believe it. LeBron saying that there is no way he is inbounding the ball
laugh.gif

Player-Coach-GM Lebby
nthat.gif

Last edited:

but he's lucky Tyron Lue snatched his goofy *** back to the bench like a child wandering into traffic! That right there alone saved the game for Cleveland.

]

agreed here... that & the double down on the game clock were both big bs.... onto g5 tho

When I heard this I couldn't believe it. LeBron saying that there is no way he is inbounding the ball :lol:
Player-Coach-GM Lebby :nthat:  

Think that was more of a results waranted the response. If Lebby would have missed that shot, he wouldn't have been feeling himself so much. Couple things I wanted to know, who was the play originally for, I'm assuming JR since he hadn't missed in the quarter and how did they magically put 1.5 back on the clock when it looked like at most 0.8 was supposed to be left and I think the ball actually bounced again and time should have been at 0.0 or right close to it.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2015/...-defend-his-man-his-team-and-his-credentials/

MEMPHIS – At Memphis Grizzlies practice on a sultry Sunday afternoon, it is pointed out to Grizzlies guard Tony Allen that despite winning two games in a row over the Golden State Warriors and sitting on a 2-1 lead, the Grizzlies are still considered underdogs in tomorrow night’s Game 4 of this Western Conference semifinal series.

“I’m not worried about all that,” Allen says. “We can be the underdog, upperdog, lowerdog, whatever. As long as we come to play, it don’t even matter.”
This season, Allen was sixth on the Grizzlies in points per game (8.6 ppg), fourth in rebounds (4.4 rpg) and eighth in assists (1.4 apg), but he was first in Grizz fans’ hearts. After playing six seasons in Boston, Allen came to Memphis in 2010 as a free agent and since then, has become something of a spiritual center for the Grizzlies.

The Grizzlies are known for playing a “grit-and-grind” style of basketball, and Allen is known as “The Grindfather” for his ability to lock in and play a unique, muscular brand of defense. Through the first three games of this series against the Warriors, Allen has incessantly hounded the Warriors’ All-Star backcourt of Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson. A video of him in Game 2 repeatedly telling anyone else on the court that he was worthy of being named “First Team All Defense” has spawned yet another nickname for Allen, and led to the 18,000-plus in The Grindhouse last night to serenading Allen with that chant during their Game 3 win.

I caught up with Allen before practice today, to talk about his all-defense claims, his idiosyncratic on-court rituals, and whether this is the year it all finally comes together for the Grizzlies.

Me: So you said that you’ve been saying “first team all-defense” all season long, but people just caught on because that video went viral.

Tony Allen: Yeah, I been saying it, I been saying it.

Me: Well, I can attest to this, because a few weeks ago on the NBA.com blogtable, I didn’t put you on my all-defense first team, and you sent me a couple of direct messages to let me know you disagreed with me.

View media item 1528701
:rofl:

Allen: Let’s take it back to when we were in the Western Conference finals. I thought we were just happy being in the moment, not taking it one game at a time. Last year, I thought we were better than that team, and we just didn’t value each possession in each game. When we had opportunities to put our foot down, I don’t think we did. This year I think we’re more determined, and we’re valuing each 48 minutes as they come. I don’t know, I think this year we just have a different mindset. We want to be playing in June.

This is what I love to hear. It kinda makes me think they are not going to let up tonight.

Last edited:
When I heard this I couldn't believe it. LeBron saying that there is no way he is inbounding the ball :lol:
Player-Coach-GM Lebby :nthat:  

Think that was more of a results waranted the response. If Lebby would have missed that shot, he wouldn't have been feeling himself so much. Couple things I wanted to know, who was the play originally for, I'm assuming JR since he hadn't missed in the quarter and how did they magically put 1.5 back on the clock when it looked like at most 0.8 was supposed to be left and I think the ball actually bounced again and time should have been at 0.0 or right close to it..

View media item 1528703

Smh refs....

:smh:

They probably were intentionally ignoring Blatt..

There was a statement released by the league saying they didn't see him. You can clearly see the baseline ref looking DIRECTLY in Blatt's direction. Unfathomable that between him and the ref near the scorers' table how did they not see this man take 3 steps on the court,yelling and doing the timeout motion.

this drought in california taking a toll on the splash brother :smh:
draymond needs to come up big as a scorer as well. he gets the looks, just got to hit em

did ya really want the gm to end on blatt technical???

i did :lol:

nba is great sports entertainment regardless

Last edited:
Dwight giving up on his squad in the playoffs FOR THE SECOND TIME isn't a good look at all.

How dudes gonna stand in that huddle and believe in you fully after that?

He act like the whole team wasn't getting smashed and embarrassed.

Dude is an amazing player but has social/leadership skills of a 6th grader.

Besides this game, Dwight's last 2 playoff stints have been very good. The last squad he gave up on was LA, and that was a team that was a mediocre team even without injuries.

Countdown on McHale should've started last year. This pathetic coaching style is who he is at this point.

Sami going to have Eddo and Keef drop another classic if he keeps up these shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom