OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People blaming mj for Hakeem only winning two rings when he couldn't even make the finals to face mj

Top 3 center my ***

If Chris Paul had a ring we wouldn't have to deal with all these garbage advanced stats because people would have an actual legitimate argument to why he's better than *insert all time great pg here*
Try this one time:

Championships don't make you great. There's so much that goes into winning a ring that it's silly to actually try and conceptualize an argument where Player A is better because he won a ring or two. While it allows for an easier argument, it's not accurate at all because it leaves out so much.

Chris Paul is a prime example. It's easy to say he hasn't been past the 2nd round, hasn't won a ring, etc. it's an easy argument to make for why he isn't as good or w.e. However, no matter how much you want it to be, it isn't that black and white.

Stats, and Advanced stats allude to a player's individual greatness far more than rings do and are more of an indicator of how good a player really is than rings.

no it means he was the best player on his team

he didnt have a bill russel to lead the team in rebounds because lebron is the jason kidd, bill russel and micheal jordan of his team

HE HAVE IT ALL BABYYY
o_O so u need bill russel just to get rebounds now? lebron is outrebounding his center AND power forward combined half the time with only 12 rebounds. U dont need russell to snatch up 12 rebounds fam. lebron is jason kidd so it makes sense he'll have more assists right? of everyone on tha tlist... lebron has the most time with the ball in his hands....as a small forward. 

LBJ is the goat mj couldn't play 5 positions. MJ like Kobe had skills but they both lucked up w great teams and the greatest coach of all time.

no it means he was the best player on his team

he didnt have a bill russel to lead the team in rebounds because lebron is the jason kidd, bill russel and micheal jordan of his team

HE HAVE IT ALL BABYYY

o_O so u need bill russel just to get rebounds now? lebron is outrebounding his center AND power forward combined half the time with only 12 rebounds. U dont need russell to snatch up 12 rebounds fam. lebron is jason kidd so it makes sense he'll have more assists right? of everyone on tha tlist... lebron has the most time with the ball in his hands....as a small forward. 

u cant knock him for being great

stop hating and start appreciating and i guarantee your life will be 10 times better

i used to hate lebron because i thought it was the cool thing to do then i stepped back and thought to myself why am i hating on a man that is winning basketball games and making history

now im a fan of his

u should be too

wash ya face b

Try this one time:

Championships don't make you great. There's so much that goes into winning a ring that it's silly to actually try and conceptualize an argument where Player A is better because he won a ring or two. While it allows for an easier argument, it's not accurate at all because it leaves out so much.

Chris Paul is a prime example. It's easy to say he hasn't been past the 2nd round, hasn't won a ring, etc. it's an easy argument to make for why he isn't as good or w.e. However, no matter how much you want it to be, it isn't that black and white.

Stats, and Advanced stats allude to a player's individual greatness far more than rings do and are more of an indicator of how good a player really is than rings.

Making waaaay too much sense.

If Chris Paul had a ring we wouldn't have to deal with all these garbage advanced stats because people would have an actual legitimate argument to why he's better than *insert all time great pg here*

Try this one time:

Every player in history (cept for melo he wants the money) plays basketball for a championship

So yes, those who are able to lead their teams to the top are better than those who fall short

Unfortunately one team has to win and the other has to lose. That's pretty black and white

Every player in history (cept for melo he wants the money) plays basketball for a championship

So yes, those who are able to lead their teams to the top are better than those who fall short

Unfortunately one team has to win and the other has to lose. That's pretty black and white
No it isn't. Somewhere along the line, you have to (or don't) acknowledge fortune, teammates, circumstance, etc. it comes into the equation bro.

Sorry to kill your romanticized view of basketball and sports, but it doesn't work like how ESPN, or other media outlets proclaim it does. 

"He willed his team to the championship. He's the best ever! Look at how he just willed his team to win rings" Nah. You have to factor in those other things too, or else you are just being ignorant of the actualities that come with playing for championships in sports.

Earlier I blamed Nene for the game winner.. After reviewing the play I have to retract my original comment.  IMO the one player who messed up the most was PP... heres why...

PP reach  

Nene switched to Milsap

View media item 1533458

Horford activating beast mode.  

Still, Nene is washed and Gortat should have been in there. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom