OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both teams are awful so I think it'll be closer. I could see the series going 6 or 7 with maybe 2 quarters of good basketball total.

Could also see this. :lol:

Whitman v Casey is easily one of the worst playoff HC matchups ever.

I think the fact that Golden State was top 3 defensively last year goes unnoticed, even by myself. I had thought they were significantly worse defensively with Mark Jackson

Stil, Kerr has them at least looking like contenders where as with Jackson I thought they were more dark horses

Wouldn't be mad if either Kerr nor Bud won

I had no idea they were top 3 defensively last season. I've always felt the Mark Jackson slander is unwarranted. He's really not a bad coach at all. He definitely deserves a 2nd shot somewhere else.

Definitely nobody expected the Hawks to be the top seed of the East but at the same token i know NOBODY thought Golden State would be the top of the ENTIRE NBA with a rookie coach AND win 67 games. So that goes both ways.

Then you guys talk about the whole Atlanta Hawks turnaround as if losing Horford and then getting him back wasn't gonna improve that team drastically. Dude is a THREE time all star! An All NBA teamer. Of course the Hawks would improve.

Then to say that people thought they would be a late seed? Really? With Horford back? In the East? Who besides Cleveland and Chicago really looked better than the Hawks before the season? The only other two teams that I can see people picking ahead of them were the Wiz and Raps before the season started but they already looked better than every other team besides those I mentioned on paper in the East.
+1. Great post sir.

Last edited:
[quote name="NobleKane"][quote name="DMan14"]pulling for kerr as a w's fan, but that turnaround for the hawks. congrats to bud, best coach this year, no pun intended steve kerr[/quote]
View media item 1501007[/quote]

This meme... is BRILLIANT. :rofl:

@kevinarnovitz: Al Horford says he's good to go in Game 2.
He said after the game there was no way he'd miss game 2. i can guarantee u that Coach Bud told him to just say we will see how it goes, and to never give injury info out like that again lol. Bud is a Pop guy.

Last edited:
Coach Bud proved to be multiple steps ahead of the game letting the bulls win that last game of the season, giving them the 3 seed and matching them up with cleveland in round two. Instead of us. Bulls have just came out of nowhere recently. Noah is one of my favorite players. Hope they do beat Cleveland. They definitely can. No homecourt is gonna hurt tho.

Last edited:
Bud deserved it. Before the season started, who would have expected the Hawks to win 60 and be the top seed in the East? Everyone thought of them to be a middle-of-the-pack or late seed playoff team if anything.

Definitely nobody expected the Hawks to be the top seed of the East but at the same token i know NOBODY thought Golden State would be the top of the ENTIRE NBA with a rookie coach AND win 67 games. So that goes both ways.

Then you guys talk about the whole Atlanta Hawks turnaround as if losing Horford and then getting him back wasn't gonna improve that team drastically. Dude is a THREE time all star! An All NBA teamer. Of course the Hawks would improve.

Then to say that people thought they would be a late seed? Really? With Horford back? In the East? Who besides Cleveland and Chicago really looked better than the Hawks before the season? The only other two teams that I can see people picking ahead of them were the Wiz and Raps before the season started but they already looked better than every other team besides those I mentioned on paper in the East.

+22 this year in the win column, and even with Horford (in years past), they were no more than at best, a team that would win between 40-45 games, which would put them in the middle-of-the pack for East playoff teams....like I said. So yea...the turnaround this year was drastic and no one saw this coming.

Hawks winning 60, to me, is more of a surprise than GS winning 67.

Last edited:
Experts are suppose to be experts, they should have predicted better. That's what they're paid to do. Funny thing is atlanta could have easily won more than 60 games. Resting multiple starters and experimenting with different lineups and platooning players for the last 20 or so games. Could have EASILY been 65 wins.

Last edited:
:lol: Hawks are too well coached to be beat by the Wiz or Raptors
Pulling for my Bulls to reach the finals :smokin

U love following me around from thresd to thread attempting to call me out on something but can never quite get me. Keep trying tho.

Following you and calling you out? Get over yourself. I just love to respond to idiotic statements being made. It just so happens you always seem to make them.

Case in point, "Thabo was attacked because they were in NY and the Hawks are playing the Nets now." :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You do know this happened before playoff seeding was locked like I mentioned to you OVER and OVER again? Your theory sounds as ridiculous as me saying one of your Hawks organization goons set up Chris Copeland because they thought they had a chance to play Indy in the first round. :rolleyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom