OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: you order food to go and go pick it up, do you tip or nah?
I do not tip in this situation. I picked up the food. The only work they did was cook it, I figure the price I paid includes the price for that labor.

This girl I know worked this Akron event a couple months ago and LeBron had a 3,000 bill and dude left 7 dollars :lol: :x

Cheap bastard I would've been heated
:lol: but :smh:

KD cover may be worth something. Seeing it's his last year before he joins the Wizards and all.
chill man, KD is coming to the NYK 8)

I'm not aware of Cleveland's financial situation but if they do have the cap space, they could just let Love walk and sign some other three shooter and a big man who is a dependable rebounder/decent defender. Keep your floor spacing, play small with Bron and you got another active big man behind Mozgov and TT.

They'll already be over the cap for next season whether or not Love comes back considering the emperor of CLE is openly campaigning for Tristan to get a max deal.

They'll already be over the cap for next season whether or not Love comes back considering the emperor of CLE is openly campaigning for Tristan to get a max deal.

Exactly, no way Thompson AND Love both get the contracts they want.

JVG was halfway talking yesterday saying in his opinion Love would not start next season if he goes back to the Cavs

Did not go in more on the subject :lol:

See my thing is, what other team besides Cleveland would want to Max Kevin Love at around August the latest fresh off of surgery without seeing him play for a while? I know its his non shooting arm and its an injury that heals cleanly, but if I was a GM I would be a bit weary. If he wants a max right now, Cleveland seems like the best option to me, unless he takes a one year flier somewhere and bets on himself.

Emperor of Cleveland 
laugh.gif

Cleveland shouldn't max on Love
It's proven they can win without him
They can use that money to get better role players than a star who doesn't really fit their system perfectly

See my thing is, what other team besides Cleveland would want to Max Kevin Love at around August the latest fresh off of surgery without seeing him play for a while? I know its his non shooting arm and its an injury that heals cleanly, but if I was a GM I would be a bit weary. If he wants a max right now, Cleveland seems like the best option to me, unless he takes a one year flier somewhere and bets on himself.

Emperor of Cleveland :lol:

Who says Cleveland offers him the max?

I say it's more likely TT gets 60 million than Love getting the max.

He was being utilized poorly during his entire tenure as a Cav

Unless it's just to appease him and his numbers..Do you think it's a good idea to run offense through your 3rd best offensive player? There is no need to run offensive through a big man at the elbow or on the block when you have Kyrie and LeBron, same as it was with Bosh vs Wade/Lebron. If you did, you'd be utilizing them even more poorly.

[h1]Kevin Love allowed to travel, lose sling after checkup with doctor[/h1]
INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- Cleveland Cavaliers forward Kevin Love can travel with the team for the remainder of the postseason after having his left shoulder re-evaluated, general manager David Griffin confirmed to ESPN.com.

Love traveled to New York to have the shoulder looked at by Dr. David Altchek last week while the Cavs were in Atlanta for Games 1 and 2 of the Eastern Conference finals against the Hawks, Griffin said.

Altchek, who performed the season-ending surgery on Love's dislocated left shoulder at the end of April, said the All-Star forward also can stop wearing the sling he's used to stabilize it for the past month.

Love rejoined the Cavs for Game 3 in Cleveland on Sunday, sitting in the second row behind their bench.

Love averaged 18.3 points, 9.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists while shooting 47.1 percent from 3-point range in the first three games of the first round against the Boston Celtics before suffering the injury. He has not addressed the media since. Cleveland has gone 8-2 without him, sweeping Boston, beating the Chicago Bulls in six games and taking a 3-0 series lead on the Hawks.

They're going to have to let somebody go. Sideshow Bob is back with 3 more years left on his contract. Mozgov has a team option for around 5 mil (steal for what they have). Tristan is getting paid, just a matter of how much. Love looks like the odd man out, but he has all the leverage, all he has to do is accept his player option and he's there. He may not get a max deal on the market as far as years, but I could see a few teams signing him for at least 15 mil (about what he's scheduled to make next year) over 2 or 3 years (Knicks, Lakers) and him hopefully balling out and then cashing in after that. 

Emperor of Cleveland 
laugh.gif

Who says Cleveland offers him the max?

I say it's more likely TT gets 60 million than Love getting the max.
I wasnt really saying they will, but I'm sure Love wants it, and I would think the Cavs want him back on the team. Its going to come up at some point.

Not saying any of these teams would, but Love would be an immediate fit for:

Orlando
Washington
Charlotte
NYK

He's absolutely still a max player. Not a superstar, but he deserves to be paid like one of the 5 best players at his position

And I don't think it's so much about next season as it is long term. The best thing for the Cavs would be for him to opt in and play out next season and see how it goes. If it produces a title then you max him out, but then you're basically stuck with the team for the next 3 years even with the cap going up with 4 max guys in LeBron, Kyrie, Tristan and Love in addition to Sideshow Bob getting 10 mil. Obviously winning it all would justify it, but that's the reality of the situation they'll be in. I'm wondering secretly if Love is rooting for them to get blasted in the Finals b/c if they win, really kills his value even more should he decide to opt out. 

Last edited:
Not saying any of these teams would, but Love would be an immediate fit for:

Orlando
Washington
Charlotte
NYK

He's absolutely still a max player. Not a superstar, but he deserves to be paid like one of the 5 best players at his position

He would def be a upgrade over Nene but KD is holding us hostage until we know what he's gonna do. If we strike out there then the Wizards will probably play the waiting game for DMC. I'm not sure how I feel about us doing this. Can't throw seasons away waiting but if we land 1 of them it's a game changer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom