OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate when dudes get losing in the Finals or Super Bowl held against them.

It's just stupid. Like losing in the second round of that year would have made them greater.

It's just stupid. Like losing in the second round of that year would have made them greater.
No one cares about conference champions, b
only teams that dont have anything else to be happy about

banner2(3).jpg

Most combined MVPs:
MJ-12 (6 regular season/6 finals)
Kareem-9 (6 regular season/3 finals)
Magic-6 (3 regular season/3 finals)
Lebron-6 (4 regular season/2 finals)
Duncan-5 (2 regular season/3 finals)
Wilt-5 (4 regular season/1 finals)
Bird-5 (3 regular sesson/2 finals)
Russell-5 (5 regular season)
Shaq-4 (1 regular season/3 finals)
Kobe-3 (1 regular season/2 finals)

You forgot to include Moses Malones 4 and Hakeem's 3

Also that list isnt that fair to Bill Russell and Wilt since their wasnt a NBA Finals MVP award most of their career

Last edited:

Losing is losing. Can't start picking losses that matter and losses that don't.

this is true

with that being said, getting to the conference finals or finals is slightly better than never making it past the second round 

Age (during season) LeBron Jordan
21 Conf Semis First Round
22 Finals First Round
23 Conf Semis First Round
24 Conf Finals Conf Semis
25 Conf Semis Conf Finals
26 Finals Conf Finals
27 Champion Champion
28 Champion Champion
29 Finals Champion
30 Finals / Champion DNP
31 TBD Conf Semis
32 TBD Champion
33 TBD Champion
34 TBD Champion

Stat LeBron Jordan
Total Playoff Games 172 179
Wins 113 119
Losses 59 60
Win Percentage 65.7% 66.5%

I mean, it does help shape a legacy.

Obviously 3-3 > 2-4

Did anyone see this sweep coming tho? A team minus Kevin Love and for the most part, Kyrie Irving, and they dismantled the Hawks.

Crazy when you think about it. There is no better player in the league right now, or a player who means more to his team than Lebron. This is a masterful playoff run. He's not surrounded by future HOFers (at the moment) like he was in Miami. He's putting the whole damn team on his back and willing them to wins.

Most combined MVPs:
MJ-12 (6 regular season/6 finals)
Kareem-9 (6 regular season/3 finals)
Magic-6 (3 regular season/3 finals)
Lebron-6 (4 regular season/2 finals)
Duncan-5 (2 regular season/3 finals)
Wilt-5 (4 regular season/1 finals)
Bird-5 (3 regular sesson/2 finals)
Russell-5 (5 regular season)
Shaq-4 (1 regular season/3 finals)
Kobe-3 (1 regular season/2 finals)

Again it's about how you weight the criteria. No I don't think that Bron's 3 more regular season MVPs elevate him above anyone on my personal list considering they all have more rings than he does except Wilt.
Jordan only won 5 regular season MVP's.

I agree but so is winning.

The fact that Magic lost 4 Finals is irrelevant because he has 5 Championships

dammit. that didnt format like i wanted. maybe someone can help me out. its pretty interesting. up until this point lebrons playoff success is arguably better despite one less ring.

Last edited:
lol i know i know

Lebron was in the finals when Jordan couldnt even get out of the first round though :nerd:

Last edited:
It goes back to what i said. Lebron and Jordans playoffs success is very similar at this point in LeBrons career. As hard as it is not to argue the two right now, he needs a full body of work to compare.

Its more appropriate to frame to around played seasons instead of age since Lebron came into the NBA at 18

Last edited:

I agree but so is winning.

The fact that Magic lost 4 Finals is irrelevant because he has 5 Championships
But he still lost 4 times. You can't just ignore the losses and go "Oh well he won 5 times out of 9". Cool, what about the other 4? It happened. It's a part of history and it's relevant to his legacy and the legacy of those he lost to.
Age (during season) LeBron Jordan
21 Conf Semis First Round
22 Finals First Round
23 Conf Semis First Round
24 Conf Finals Conf Semis
25 Conf Semis Conf Finals
26 Finals Conf Finals
27 Champion Champion
28 Champion Champion
29 Finals Champion
30 Finals / Champion DNP
31 TBD Conf Semis
32 TBD Champion
33 TBD Champion
34 TBD Champion

Stat LeBron Jordan
Total Playoff Games 172 179
Wins 113 119
Losses 59 60
Win Percentage 65.7% 66.5%
I was never a fan of the age comparison since it ignores what age they were they first came into the league. It's better to compare years played

lol i know i know

Lebron was in the finals when Jordan couldnt even get out of the first round though :nerd:

Lebron went to the finals, got swept and then didn't see them again for another 4 years. Jordan went to the finals, won and never had a full season from him produce anything less than a championship after that

dammit. that didnt format like i wanted. maybe someone can help me out. its pretty interesting. up until this point lebrons playoff success is arguably better despite one less ring.
[table][tr][td]Age[/td][td]LeBron[/td][td]Jordan[/td][/tr][tr][td]21[/td][td]Conf Semis[/td][td]First Round[/td][/tr][tr][td]22[/td][td]Finals[/td][td]First Round[/td][/tr][tr][td]23[/td][td]Conf Semis[/td][td]First Round[/td][/tr][tr][td]24[/td][td]Conf Finals[/td][td]Conf Semis[/td][/tr][tr][td]25[/td][td]Conf Semis[/td][td]Conf Finals[/td][/tr][tr][td]26[/td][td]Finals Conf[/td][td]Finals[/td][/tr][tr][td]27[/td][td]Champion[/td][td]Champion[/td][/tr][tr][td]28[/td][td]Champion[/td][td]Champion[/td][/tr][tr][td]29[/td][td]Finals [/td][td]Champion[/td][/tr][tr][td]30[/td][td]Finals[/td][td]Champion DNP[/td][/tr][tr][td]31[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]Semis[/td][/tr][tr][td]32[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]Champion[/td][/tr][tr][td]33[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]Champion[/td][/tr][tr][td]34[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]Champion[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][td]Age[/td][td]LeBron[/td][td]Jordan[/td][/tr][tr][td]21[/td][td]Conf Semis[/td][td]First Round[/td][/tr][tr][td]22[/td][td]Finals[/td][td]First Round[/td][/tr][tr][td]23[/td][td]Conf Semis[/td][td]First Round[/td][/tr][tr][td]24[/td][td]Conf Finals[/td][td]Conf Semis[/td][/tr][tr][td]25[/td][td]Conf Semis[/td][td]Conf Finals[/td][/tr][tr][td]26[/td][td]Finals Conf[/td][td]Finals[/td][/tr][tr][td]27[/td][td]Champion[/td][td]Champion[/td][/tr][tr][td]28[/td][td]Champion[/td][td]Champion[/td][/tr][tr][td]29[/td][td]Finals [/td][td]Champion[/td][/tr][tr][td]30[/td][td]Finals[/td][td]Champion DNP[/td][/tr][tr][td]31[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]Semis[/td][/tr][tr][td]32[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]Champion[/td][/tr][tr][td]33[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]Champion[/td][/tr][tr][td]34[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]Champion[/td][/tr][/table]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom