OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ thanks antidope

lol i know i know

Lebron was in the finals when Jordan couldnt even get out of the first round though :nerd:

Lebron went to the finals, got swept and then didn't see them again for another 4 years. Jordan went to the finals, won and never had a full season from him produce anything less than a championship after that

You can twist it anyway you want to. I guess thats why i posted it. personally i think losing in the finals is more impressive than losing in the first round. Ive already said i dont like to compare them. LeBron needs the same amount of time to compete with Jordans greatness.

Lebron needs to stop phoning a friend first for that to even matter.  Dude has come out many times already about 'TEAMING UP' with guys.  Like said, and I've said it many times, LEBRON does not have that 'nod of approval' from his predecessors, nor peers (unless you're on his team), so it doesn't matter. OKAY?

there's a reason championships are always the first thing brought up when talking about greats like jordan, bird, magic. they are more important and are a better indicator of greatness than MVPs

karl malone has more mvps than shaq 
yup..... nash has more mvps then shaq and kobe.... mvp trophies are hella overrated . the media votes on them.... 

Lebron has had a cakewalk to the Finals in the Eastern conference these past 5 years.

He would have gotten eliminated in the 2nd round some of these years if he was in the West.

You just can't ignore the difference between the conferences when only 5 of the 8 teams in the East playoffs won more games than they lost.

It has gotten to the point where they should do away with the 2 conference playoff system.

Can we get two of these charts: one that shows Kobe to Jordan and another that shows Wade to Jordan.
nerd.gif
Pls and thank you.
we need one for chris paul and melo 

lol i know i know

Lebron was in the finals when Jordan couldnt even get out of the first round though
nerd.gif
mj had to go up against pistons and celtics tho. while lj had to beat up on a mediocre pacers and bulls teams. 

Last edited:
Lebron has been around for awhile

He has already played more regular season minutes than Magic and Bird..With a long NBA Finals, Lebron has a chance to pass Jordan, Bill Russell and Magic in career playoff minutes

Last edited:
Lebron has had a cakewalk to the Finals in the Eastern conference these past 5 years.

He would have gotten eliminated in the 2nd round some of these years if he was in the West.

You just can't ignore the difference between the conferences when only 5 of the 8 teams in the East playoffs won more games than they lost.

It has gotten to the point where they should do away with the 2 conference playoff system.
needs to be done. then there will be no excuse of playing in a weak conference.... not going to happen tho 

MJ
6 rings
6 finals mvps
5 mvps
10 all-nba 1st team
Roy

Magic
5 rings
3 finals mvps
3 mvps
9 all-nba 1st team

TD
5 rings
3 finals mvps
2 mvps
10 all-nba 1st team
Roy

LBJ
2 rings
2 finals mvps
4 mvps
9 all-nba 1st team
Roy

Bird
3 rings
2 finals mvps
3mvps
9 all-nba 1st team
Roy

Kareem
6 rings
2 finals mvps
6 mvps
10 all-nba 1st team
Roy

Shaq
4 rings
3 finals mvps
1 mvp
8 all-nba 1st team
Roy

Kobe
5 rings
2 finals mvps
1 mvp
11 all-nba 1st team

I chose to leave out wilt and bill

Kobe ain't Top 5

Last edited:

I hate when dudes get losing in the Finals or Super Bowl held against them.

It's just stupid. Like losing in the second round of that year would have made them greater.
Losing is losing. Can't start picking losses that matter and losses that don't.
this is true

with that being said, getting to the conference finals or finals is slightly better than never making it past the second round 
e02.gif

You keep trying to isolate individual accomplishments i saids it's a sum of their work

Rings
Finals MVP
MVP
All-Nba
I agree that it's a sum of their work. In order to have a uniform comparison we have to give each criteria a weight.

I'll do it from a scale of 1-10. I think most everyone agrees that winning the title is the most important and clear objective of these all time greats. So we'll give it the value of 10. Finals MVP should be up next because it means you were the most outstanding player in that championship setting so we'll give that a value of 7. Regular season MVPs like said before are a subjective award and does not always correlate to who is truly the be best or most valuable player but it is a accomplishment nonetheless so for this we'll give it a value of 5. All-NBA gets 3. This is almost akin to the points system they use to determine awards in most leagues (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place respectively)

This is only for those in my top 10:

MJ (6 rings, 6 Finals MVPs, 5 MVPs, 11x All-NBA)

Kareem (6 rings, 2 Finals MVPs, 6 MVPs, 15x All-NBA)

Magic (5 rings, 3 Finals MVPs, 3 MVPs, 10x All-NBA)

LeBron (2 rings, 2 Finals MVPs, 4 MVPs, 11x All-NBA)

Duncan (5 rings, 3 Finals MVPs, 2 MVPs, 15x All-NBA)

Wilt (2 rings, 1 Finals MVP, 4 MVPs, 10x All-NBA)

Bird (3 rings, 2 Finals MVP, 3 MVPs, 10x All-NBA)

Russell (11 rings, 5 MVPs, 11x All-NBA)

Shaq (4 rings, 3 Finals MVP, 1 MVP, 14x All-NBA)

Kobe (5 rings, 2 Finals MVP, 1 MVP, 15x All-NBA)

Again the scale is 10, 7, 5, 3. A little bit of quick math gives us this:

MJ-160 points

Kareem-149 points

Magic-116 points

LeBron-87 points

Duncan-116 points

Wilt-77 points

Bird-89 points

Russell-168 points

Shaq-108 points

Kobe-104 points

Now if you want to weigh the criteria a bit differently or add factors to give a more complete look that's your choice, but I was just trying to find a uniform way to look at your own scale. 

Lebron has been around for awhile

He has already played more regular season minutes than Magic and Bird..With a long NBA Finals, Lebron has a chance to pass Jordan, Bill Russell and Magic in career playoff minutes

He really has. Some of his records may end up being untouchable now that they dont allow 18 year olds in the League. Especially given the fact how good he was at 18.

LeBron has passed a legend in one category or another in almost every game he played this postseason (12 of the 14 games). Every category is top 10 all-time.

Can we get two of these charts: one that shows Kobe to Jordan and another that shows Wade to Jordan.
nerd.gif
Pls and thank you.
[table][tr][td]Age[/td][td]Kobe[/td][td]Wade[/td][td]Jordan[/td][/tr][tr][td]18[/td][td]Semis[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]N/A[/td][/tr][tr][td]19[/td][td]Conf Finals[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]N/A[/td][/tr][tr][td]20[/td][td]Semis[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]N/A[/td][/tr][tr][td]21[/td][td]Champion[/td][td]N/A[/td][td]First Round[/td][/tr][tr][td]22[/td][td]Champion[/td][td]Conf Semis[/td][td]First Round[/td][/tr][tr][td]23[/td][td]Champion[/td][td]Conf Finals[/td][td]First Round[/td][/tr][tr][td]24[/td][td]Conf Semis[/td][td]Champion[/td][td]Conf Semis[/td][/tr][tr][td]25[/td][td]Finals[/td][td]First Round[/td][td]Conf Finals[/td][/tr][tr][td]26[/td][td]No Playoffs[/td][td]No Playoffs[/td][td]Finals[/td][/tr][tr][td]27[/td][td]First Round[/td][td]First Round[/td][td]Champion[/td][/tr][tr][td]28[/td][td]First Round[/td][td]First Round[/td][td]Champion[/td][/tr][tr][td]29[/td][td]Finals [/td][td]Finals[/td][td]Champion[/td][/tr][tr][td]30[/td][td]Champion[/td][td]Champion[/td][td]Champion DNP[/td][/tr][tr][td]31[/td][td]Champion[/td][td]Champion[/td][td]Conf Semis[/td][/tr][tr][td]32[/td][td]Conf Semis[/td][td]Finals[/td][td]Champion[/td][/tr][tr][td]33[/td][td]First Round[/td][td]No Playoffs[/td][td]Champion[/td][/tr][tr][td]34[/td][td]No Playoffs[/td][td]TBD[/td][td]Champion[/td][/tr][/table]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom