OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebron has had a cakewalk to the Finals in the Eastern conference these past 5 years.

He would have gotten eliminated in the 2nd round some of these years if he was in the West.

You just can't ignore the difference between the conferences when only 5 of the 8 teams in the East playoffs won more games than they lost.

It has gotten to the point where they should do away with the 2 conference playoff system.

Ok, lets assume he would have gone to one of the nine best teams in the West. Which one of them does he not make the finals with?
Add Lebron to any of the current 8 playoff teams in the West and they have a solid shot of winning the Finals this year. He make not be "cakewalking" in but it's ridiculous to think they wouldn't have a legit title shot.

And conversely, if other players wanted to "moonwalk" into the finals as James has gotten to, then why hasn't so many of the talented players in the West come East? It's not like there are storied franchises in the East where players wouldn't want to play because there isn't a large market or giant fan base. Why aren't the top players in the West flocking to the teams such as the Knicks, Bulls and Celtics?

I'm not gonna assume say stars avoid the east because of Lebron, but you can't knock Lebron for not going West, and not wonder why other players aren't coming East. Can't have it both ways.

But this is all for the sake of argument.

Last edited:

Lebron has had a cakewalk to the Finals in the Eastern conference these past 5 years.

He would have gotten eliminated in the 2nd round some of these years if he was in the West.

You just can't ignore the difference between the conferences when only 5 of the 8 teams in the East playoffs won more games than they lost.

It has gotten to the point where they should do away with the 2 conference playoff system.
Ok, lets assume he would have gone to one of the nine best teams in the West. Which one of them does he not make the finals with?
Add Lebron to any of the current 8 playoff teams in the West and they have a solid shot of winning the Finals this year. He make not be "cakewalking" in but it's ridiculous to think they wouldn't have a legit title shot.

And conversely, if other players wanted to "moonwalk" into the finals as James has gotten to, then why hasn't so many of the talented players in the West come West? It's not like there are storied franchises in the East where players wouldn't want to play because there isn't a large market or giant fan base. Why aren't the top players in the West flocking to the teams such as the Knicks, Bulls and Celtics?

I'm not assume say stars avoid the east because of Lebron, but you can't knock Lebron for not going West, and not wonder why other players aren't coming East. Can't have it both ways.

But this is all for the sake of argument.
because of contracts and eastern teams being run by idiots

except for dwert every notable all nba player from the west was drafted by a west team

last years best rookie was traded to a west team before he played a single game

both this years top 2 picks are going to west teams

I agree that it's a sum of their work. In order to have a uniform comparison we have to give each criteria a weight.

I'll do it from a scale of 1-10. I think most everyone agrees that winning the title is the most important and clear objective of these all time greats. So we'll give it the value of 10. Finals MVP should be up next because it means you were the most outstanding player in that championship setting so we'll give that a value of 7. Regular season MVPs like said before are a subjective award and does not always correlate to who is truly the be best or most valuable player but it is a accomplishment nonetheless so for this we'll give it a value of 5. All-NBA gets 3. This is almost akin to the points system they use to determine awards in most leagues (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place respectively)

This is only for those in my top 10:

MJ (6 rings, 6 Finals MVPs, 5 MVPs, 11x All-NBA)
Kareem (6 rings, 2 Finals MVPs, 6 MVPs, 15x All-NBA)
Magic (5 rings, 3 Finals MVPs, 3 MVPs, 10x All-NBA)
LeBron (2 rings, 2 Finals MVPs, 4 MVPs, 11x All-NBA)
Duncan (5 rings, 3 Finals MVPs, 2 MVPs, 15x All-NBA)
Wilt (2 rings, 1 Finals MVP, 4 MVPs, 10x All-NBA)
Bird (3 rings, 2 Finals MVP, 3 MVPs, 10x All-NBA)
Russell (11 rings, 5 MVPs, 11x All-NBA)
Shaq (4 rings, 3 Finals MVP, 1 MVP, 14x All-NBA)
Kobe (5 rings, 2 Finals MVP, 1 MVP, 15x All-NBA)

Again the scale is 10, 7, 5, 3. A little bit of quick math gives us this:

MJ-160 points
Kareem-149 points
Magic-116 points
LeBron-87 points
Duncan-116 points
Wilt-77 points
Bird-89 points
Russell-168 points
Shaq-108 points
Kobe-104 points

Now if you want to weigh the criteria a bit differently or add factors to give a more complete look that's your choice, but I was just trying to find a uniform way to look at your own scale. 
You're giving way too many pts for rings, and doing so discredits what shaq did for his first 3 rings

needs to be done. then there will be no excuse of playing in a weak conference.... not going to happen tho 

You don't remember that chart that showed the playoff scenarios if they did away with the current system? It was awful man :lol: there was at most 2 intriguing matchups

I agree that it's a sum of their work. In order to have a uniform comparison we have to give each criteria a weight.

I'll do it from a scale of 1-10. I think most everyone agrees that winning the title is the most important and clear objective of these all time greats. So we'll give it the value of 10. Finals MVP should be up next because it means you were the most outstanding player in that championship setting so we'll give that a value of 7. Regular season MVPs like said before are a subjective award and does not always correlate to who is truly the be best or most valuable player but it is a accomplishment nonetheless so for this we'll give it a value of 5. All-NBA gets 3. This is almost akin to the points system they use to determine awards in most leagues (1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place respectively)

This is only for those in my top 10:

MJ (6 rings, 6 Finals MVPs, 5 MVPs, 11x All-NBA)
Kareem (6 rings, 2 Finals MVPs, 6 MVPs, 15x All-NBA)
Magic (5 rings, 3 Finals MVPs, 3 MVPs, 10x All-NBA)
LeBron (2 rings, 2 Finals MVPs, 4 MVPs, 11x All-NBA)
Duncan (5 rings, 3 Finals MVPs, 2 MVPs, 15x All-NBA)
Wilt (2 rings, 1 Finals MVP, 4 MVPs, 10x All-NBA)
Bird (3 rings, 2 Finals MVP, 3 MVPs, 10x All-NBA)
Russell (11 rings, 5 MVPs, 11x All-NBA)
Shaq (4 rings, 3 Finals MVP, 1 MVP, 14x All-NBA)
Kobe (5 rings, 2 Finals MVP, 1 MVP, 15x All-NBA)

Again the scale is 10, 7, 5, 3. A little bit of quick math gives us this:

MJ-160 points
Kareem-149 points
Magic-116 points
LeBron-87 points
Duncan-116 points
Wilt-77 points
Bird-89 points
Russell-168 points
Shaq-108 points
Kobe-104 points

Now if you want to weigh the criteria a bit differently or add factors to give a more complete look that's your choice, but I was just trying to find a uniform way to look at your own scale. 
You're giving way too many pts for rings, and doing so discredits what shaq did for his first 3 rings
using this rating system shaq gets 17 points for his first three rings

thats 70% more points than kobe got 

You don't remember that chart that showed the playoff scenarios if they did away with the current system? It was awful man
laugh.gif
there was at most 2 intriguing matchups
in the first round right?

Last edited:
out of the 15 players named west allstars this year, only james harden and chris paul are not playing for the teams that drafted them

western management has just been a lot better at drafting than their east counter parts 

[quote name="amel223"]If you haven't watched Wreck It Ralph, then we can't be friends.[/quote][quote name="CashBanks"]Me and my kids love Wreck it Ralph.[/quote] Tell 'em, gents. :smokin [quote name="CashBanks"]Big Hero 6 is great too, that endibng tho :frown: :nerd:[/quote]Tru. :\

"Are you satisfied with your service?"

Steve Nash deserved both of those MVPs.
DIDNT DESERVE 2 MAYBE THE 1ST
Who should have gotten the 06 MVP then?

Maybe 1
Which one 05 or 06?

One was more than enough for him.  Kobe was robbed for the other. 
Which one 05 or 06?

Big hero 6 was a dumbed down kiddie version of the comic. Most people know the Silver Samurai from the Wolverine movie but that character is member of big hero 6.

That should tell you how vastly different the movie was from the source material.

Tell 'em, gents.
smokin.gif

Tru.
ohwell.gif

"Are you satisfied with your service?"
yeah. that movie was dope. i stopped watching animated and "kid" movies like 15 years ago , a  long time ago ,  but now that i have daughters ive been watching so many... cool excuse to watch cartoons 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom