OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I'm an MJ fan for life, but if you didn't live through the MJ era than you don't know it was far worse. Believe me the media slurped that guy like no one else. If there was this amount of social media back then it would be legit OD on a level far more than what we get with Lebron today.

Like I said, OG Cleveland Lebron persona wasn't as forced as it is in now.

You gonna ask a question then roll your eyes and get mad at the response? Stoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop it Banks :lol:

nah not mad at all, you my guy

I'm just saying every celebrity is fake

Kobe played mr nice guy

Kd too

they all pretend as long as they can tolerate it

except Mike he was always a bastard to people :rofl:

Last edited:

the hate from lebron comes from

1. him acting like a drama queen

2. media and his fans hyping up every little thing he does to be the best thing ever 
The thing about #2 is they treated Kobe the exact same way. Especially out here in LA. When a player is clearly one of the All time greats (Bron is the GOAT; fight me) why does hype bother you?
which is why kobe also gets a lot of hate

espn overreactions are the worst thing to happen to sports but it also keeps NT entertaining so I dont mind it

The thing about #2 is they treated Kobe the exact same way. Especially out here in LA. When a player is clearly one of the All time greats (Bron is the GOAT; fight me) why does hype bother you?
They didn't though especially after the Colorado incident, Kobe was a pariah nationally, nothing but a selfish ballhog who got carried to championships and can't win without Shaq. The narratives were far different, and this was from a guy who was a champion 3 times over. But they were pushing Lebby from the very start even after his disappearing act against Dallas, it's never stopped. 

But now, they all byke. Showing up to the Finals like 
who??

@ these people who are upsetting you pls
the folks wearing yellow
you are describing basically the 99% of fans in the NBA tho 
laugh.gif

why does one specific fanbase affect you?

if the Kings ever get good, Arco would be sold out... etc

Man I'm the total opposite . Don't care what players do outside of basketball. I like watching basketball , don't watch basketball cuz these dudes are good people or think they are role models...

don't care about how they are and how they act off the court for the most part. .
Players personas and how they act on the court is more important to me than all the off court issues. You can learn alot from people from watching them ball. You can't hide ur personality on a court.

Last edited:
If that's what you believe that is fine. But LeBron, faint memories of MJ aside, is the best player I've ever seen even when I don't factor in accomplishments. I also realize that situations differ from player to player so depending on what happened I can't automatically expect someone do to what this player did because the game changes.

without those accomplishments everything becomes variable to the person, so why you may think Lebron plays the "right " form of basketball, others may like Shaq's Style, Kobe, Kareem etc etc. all of that depends on the person which is fine. However in sports those accomplishments count and moreso when playing in important games against the Elite teams.

I would say Lebron is overall the most TALENTED athlete i've saw in a long long time, however when that Talent isn't always being used to it's potential it really really makes me angry.Why do i care if you could put up 40, 10 & 10... if when in the moment i need you to be superhuman, your going through the motions. He is a frustrating athlete to watch from that standpoint.

He's surely had some amazing performances where he's taken over CLEARLY, you see that and your amazed than a few days later he decides that he has to go back to being do it all Lebron Rather then do what it takes Lebron and IMO that's just as selfish as another guard shooting the rock 40 times in a game.

laugh.gif

loll yes every team in the NBA is going have attendance go up when wins go up.  I was just talking about the fact they all wanted LeBron's head on a stake and now they're worshiping him again, it's funny 
laugh.gif

im not disgruntled over it

:lol: Jimmy took an ill paycut to rock Jordans...

what if... and this is a big what if...

this is a big wink wink deal and he signs to the Hornets next year...

I could see Bulls fans, Wiz fans, or Celtics fans hating Bron since they had a bunch of series aginst him but random western confernce teams hate him confuse me. Even with kobe. I'm a Clipper fan and Kobe is my guy. His fans are annoying as censored but Kobe was fun as hell to watch during his prime. Rape Case Kobe victimizing women and NBA teams was probably my favorite Kobe. Going to court and hitting buzzer beaters on the same day. Unreal.

Only player I really hated was Rose but his comeback has lessened the hate a bit.

You are living in revisionist History if you think the Media was pegging Kobe to be the Best Ever... The man had averaged 30, 5 & 5 in a finals, won three Championships and people were questioning him Like he was Lebron out of Cleveland the first time.. Surely there were the Mike Comparisons in the media (more for style of play)

I remember clearly people claiming that Kobe's style of play wasn't good for his team despite his team constantly winning.

laugh.gif

it's terrible with the cavs fans though. that thursday night in july when lebron announced he was taking his talents elsewhere, i saw legit hatred in the eyes of alot of cleveland fans even though i was watching it on my tv. not sports hatred, but legit hatred just because he went to another team.

i saw the same thing when the heat went to cleveland that december. i never seen a professional athlete get a more negative reaction than i did that night. 

it's hilarious seeing the cavs fans make a complete 180 between 2010 and 2014 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom