OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trio Meat.

Neopolitan Meat Flavor.

Need that tim duncan fapping gif. Dont waste ur time with dub tier gifs. lol

View media item 1502617
HOUSTON - Rajon Rondo, the Dallas Mavericks' key acquisition during the season, had a disastrous Game 2 against the Rockets.

That led to a snappy response from coach Rick Carlisle, personal talks with owner Mark Cuban and teammates and a tongue-lashing from TNT analyst Charles Barkley.

With Dallas trying to avoid falling into an 0-2 series hole, Rondo played only 34 seconds of the second half.

"He was not engaged whatsoever tonight," Barkley said on TNT. "If he is not going to play, then Rick (Carlisle) has an obligation to the other guys in that locker room. If he is just going to go through the motions, they have to move on.

"I'm not going to play Rondo anymore."

Rondo played only nine minutes in the first half, sitting out a 13-minute stretch shortly after committing an eight-second violation that was the product of...basically nothing. A lack of desire to walk the ball 47 feet in eight seconds, Tim Cowlishaw wrote.

At halftime, Monta Ellis had a long talk with Rondo on the bench. Owner Mark Cuban came over and visited with him. The Mavericks needed him to guard James Harden and to provide some spark to a sputtering offense.

So what happened?

Having collected two fouls in the opening half, Rondo committed his third and his fourth and picked up a technical, all in the first 34 seconds.

Rondo never returned to the game.

After the game, Rondo walked briskly to the bus, leaving behind a trail of reporters and declining comment.

Earlier in the game, after being substituted for five minutes into the first quarter, Rondo sat away from the team huddle during a timeout, as teammate Richard Jefferson kneeled in front of him and spoke to him.

Afterwards, Carlisle didn't defend Rondo's effort when asked.

"You can ask him that question," Carlisle said. "All I know, right now, is that we need everybody at their competitive best. This isn't about one guy who did or didn't play. This is about everybody pulling in the same direction for the organization."

Without Rondo, Carlisle had to overplay J.J. Barea, who gave all he had over a surprising 33 minutes (compared to Rondo's 10), but there was only so much he could do as a floor leader.

Rondo is a free agent after the season.

he gone!

So Rondo is completely useless unless the entire offense revolves around him.

That 8 second violation shows that he's just not engaged right now. This is the PLAYOFFS. That's inexcusable.

Houston was just making Dirk defend on every possession and reaped the benefits every time :lol:

Carlisle had a bad night too. ran with an old, declining Dirk/STAT at the 4 & 5 in the fourth quarter of a playoff game. They would've had issues stopping people if this was 5 years ago. They have absolutely no chance now.

can the spurs bounce byke tonight?
Fan bias here, but totally. Last game was an anomaly IMO, Clippers defense played out of this world, Spurs missed a ton of open jumpers, we're about to see a totally different basketball game tonight.

MyShape.jpeg

dis real?

You're a Heat fan and you think they won on talent alone with poor coaching?
precisely. ive been bad-mouthing spoelstra for years. funny thing is, everything i said would happen...is happening. well... happened. he got his skirt pulled and got exposed to be a trash coach like ive been saying for the past 2 or 3 years. lebron and co cover up his lack of leadership and direction. but once lebron left? that was a wrap, and i knew it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom