OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I brought up how overrated Lillard was a few months ago when those PG rankings came out from ESPN. I believe the had him listed #5 or so? But, since I said Conley was better than him, I got criticized about it. So, I just let the games do the talking.

A couple months ago Dame was playing better than Conley tho.

People are quick to bring up the past but there's this thing called context.

At the time, there was almost nothing that Conley was doing better than Dame on the floor. I could go dig up my responses, but yeah, Dame was better than Conley across the board.

Second half of last year + playoffs + first half of this year... Dame was playing great basketball. Then the ASB and **** knows what happened. It is what it is.

Last edited:
I STILL believe Liiliard is better than Conley moreso because I feel that if you put Conley as the # 1 or # 2 option in Portland, they'd probably barely make the playoffs.

This is what I don't get.

Conley is the 2nd best player on a team that has a better record than Portland. I think when people look at Conley's stats, it gives off a perception that Conley cannot do more. The fact of the matter is that he does what he suppose to do to help his team win ball games. They just play two completely different roles and I'm sure Conley's scoring would increase somewhat if he was given the opportunity to put up as many shots as Lillard in Portland.

When you look at the variety of ways Conley can score the basketball, its hard to argue that he's just a standard PG that lacks the offensive skillset of guys like a Lillard. Right hand floaters, left hand floaters, euro steps, hesitation off the pick n roll, jumper off the pick n roll, the 3 ball, isolation...he's not Pat Bev on the offensive end :lol:

A couple months ago Dame was playing better than Conley tho.

People are quick to bring up the past but there's this thing called context.

At the time, there was almost nothing that Conley was doing better than Dame on the floor. I could go dig up my responses, but yeah, Dame was better than Conley across the board.

Second half of last year + playoffs + first half of this year... Dame was playing great basketball. Then the ASB and **** knows what happened. It is what it is.

Once Conley went down with all of these injuries, I'm sure a lot of PG's were playing better than him. He had a bummed ankle, wrist and there's no telling how long the foot issue been lingering. I do think Lillard is a great scorer in this league at his position and one of the best at it. But, I think Conley does a lot more at his position overall and does a lot of things that simply looking at stats won't tell. Just look at how much better Memphis looks right now compared to some of the games ending the season when Conley was out or struggling.

Last edited:
“If Daryl Morey wants to run his own one-man campaign for James Harden, he can do that. That’s fine,” Kerr said, according to CSN Bay Area. “But we’re focused on other stuff.”

Kerr only been coaching for a year yet dude already has mad quotables.

Definitely wanna see him win a ring his first year and get fined for something crazy he says.

That dray response :lol:. Something Kerr would say

And yea conley is raw, he just doesn't have that diddy bop that makes his game stand out. He almost have it all

Last edited:

Dudes live in the moment.

They go after 1 month game  play rather then a body of work.
Fixed.
its what makes NT great 
pimp.gif

Should people keep calling him a top 5 PG even when he's performing badly for an entire season? How many bad games does he have to have for it to be okay to change your mind?
Just like dude under me (pause) said. I go by a body of work.

Ya'll let a month of bad play sway opinions.

Also...his numbers are on par w/ what he did last season. So if he's performed badly this year...what was he doing last year that had everyone saying the opposite of what they're saying now?

Last edited:
Morey has to run a one-man campaign because Under Armour, State Farm and Degree are doing all the campaigning for Curry. :lol:

ya acting like james doesnt have that taco bell, footlocker commercial >D

the voters who vote arent gonna be swayed by that stuff anyways

but seriously, blake do have sick handles

Last edited:
Lillard is a PG that was not top 10(probably 25) in any statistical category.  Not one. Nothing. The end.

He is not a top 5 PG by any means.

Dude is 'handsome, loyal and works well with others', though.

Nothing wrong with not being top 5. One day, maybe,  but not today or back then, or ever, so far.

Last edited:
When this conversation came about yesterday, what I said was Dame Lillard needs to take a discernible leap at some point. Because from what I've seen between this year and last there hasn't been a sign of oncoming improvement, and whos to say he even needs to improve hes a great player.

Dying at the typed out "pause"

This is what I don't get.

Conley is the 2nd best player on a team that has a better record than Portland. I think when people look at Conley's stats, it gives off a perception that Conley cannot do more. The fact of the matter is that he does what he suppose to do to help his team win ball games. They just play two completely different roles and I'm sure Conley's scoring would increase somewhat if he was given the opportunity to put up as many shots as Lillard in Portland.

When you look at the variety of ways Conley can score the basketball, its hard to argue that he's just a standard PG that lacks the offensive skillset of guys like a Lillard. Right hand floaters, left hand floaters, euro steps, hesitation off the pick n roll, jumper off the pick n roll, the 3 ball, isolation...he's not Pat Bev on the offensive end :lol:
Once Conley went down with all of these injuries, I'm sure a lot of PG's were playing better than him. He had a bummed ankle, wrist and there's no telling how long the foot issue been lingering. I do think Lillard is a great scorer in this league at his position and one of the best at it. But, I think Conley does a lot more at his position overall and does a lot of things that simply looking at stats won't tell. Just look at how much better Memphis looks right now compared to some of the games ending the season when Conley was out or struggling.

I tihnk it's debateable that he's the second best player. Your two bigs are who the majority of the opposing team are more worried about. I think that if you asked Conley to be the second scoring option, he'd struggle to provide that consistently. He does a good job in his role right now because he doesn't have to do that night in and night out. Lilliard on the other hand HAS to be their first or second scoring threat every night. Also, with the lost of Wes Matthews, it puts even MORE on Lilliard to try and go out and do more.

Conley is good, don't get me wrong but he's not going to be the man on a team like Lillard has been. Lillard has the ability to take over a game at any given night. Conley doesn't.

do people even work?

clippers cursed. entrappef sterling. rex chapman n that ukraine dude

mike piatkowsky for president

jeff mc Innis for HOF pg

darius miles

and last but not least Mike Olawakandi for gOat center.

It is pretty amusing. After Game 1 LAC-SAS - "Spurs are washed. Clips in 4 or 5." After Game 2 - "Clippers are done. They have no chance now."

Last year Spurs were playing BEAUTIFUL basketball.

I dont think they are gonna manhandle teams like they did last year but I do think they have a GREAT chance at winning it all again. Really just depends on how banged up they will be at the end of it all. I cant see them beating the Cavs in a long series if they have to go through the Clips, Warriors, etc while the Cavs are basically having a walk in the park.

I brought up how overrated Lillard was a few months ago when those PG rankings came out from ESPN. I believe the had him listed #5 or so? But, since I said Conley was better than him, I got criticized about it. So, I just let the games do the talking.

I mentioned that when Lillard isn't scoring, he doesn't really bring anything else to the table and we are seeing exactly that right now in the playoffs. It also goes to show you how much other PG abilities are overlooked because a player can score a lot of points or is "exciting". No one seems to care much about defense, the ability to get teammates involved, leadership ability or anything that actually defines a "point guard". I guess its just a different era we live in.

*cough* Kyrie

Theres tons of pgs like that thats why my top 5 is

1. Cp3
2. Steph
3. Russ
4. John
5. Kyrie

In this day and age we really do put too much hype around those who just score and do nothing else

Edit: The margin between 1-3 is so small they are basically interchangeable and i tend to change em depending on how i feel

Last edited:
I tihnk it's debateable that he's the second best player. Your two bigs are who the majority of the opposing team are more worried about. I think that if you asked Conley to be the second scoring option, he'd struggle to provide that consistently. He does a good job in his role right now because he doesn't have to do that night in and night out. Lilliard on the other hand HAS to be their first or second scoring threat every night. Also, with the lost of Wes Matthews, it puts even MORE on Lilliard to try and go out and do more.

Conley is good, don't get me wrong but he's not going to be the man on a team like Lillard has been. Lillard has the ability to take over a game at any given night. Conley doesn't.

I wouldn't say its debatable at this point. Maybe two years ago, but I'm sure if you ask most NBA scouts they would say Marc and Conley are two of the most dangerous players. I know a lot of people can't watch a full Grizz game and focus on what certain players are doing because they can be boring as hell :lol: , but just try watching Conley throughout the duration of a game. You will probably find a lot of .gif's and videos of exactly what he does and how a lot of it can go unnoticed when watching the game live. The same thing can go for Marc at times.

Over the last few years, people consistently felt like Zbo was the bigger piece of this team because he put up 20 and 10. Its just the way a lot of people like to look at the game. But, Marc and Conley have always been the two most important players on Memphis for the last 2-3 seasons. Just look at how Memphis replaced Zbo with Speights in 2011-12 and still ended up with the 4th seed. Then, look at what happened when Conley and/or Gasol missed a significant amount of time. Zbo is great at what he does, but he's not the engine and ask any professional NBA scout and they will tell you the same.

I do agree that losing Matthews hurt Lillard a lot because its easier for the defense to focus on him and LMA. Crabbe and McCollum just don't pose the same threat. I just don't agree with Conley not being able to take over games or do certain things because he's on a team where he doesn't HAVE to do it. He's definitely done it several times, though.

Last edited:
*cough* Kyrie

1. Cp3
2. Steph
3. Russ
4. John
5. Kyrie

In this day and age we really do put too much hype around those who just score and do nothing else

I'm a Kyrie fan but I don't see much to argue about with this order.

*cough* Kyrie

1. Cp3
2. Steph
3. Russ
4. John
5. Kyrie

Edit: The margin between 1-3 is so small they are basically interchangeable and i tend to change em depending on how i feel

I can agree with that order. Kyrie's deficiencies are hidden when playing with Lebron, plus his offensive skillset and ability to score is on another level when compared to Lillard IMO. So, I do think he deserves top 5 consideration.

Just like dude under me (pause) said. I go by a body of work.

Ya'll let a month of bad play sway opinions.

Also...his numbers are on par w/ what he did last season. So if he's performed badly this year...what was he doing last year that had everyone saying the opposite of what they're saying now?

I never called him top 5 so I can't argue for them :lol:

He has been worse this year though. Below average from 3 this year when he was nearly elite last year. Turning it over more. Defense hasn't improved at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom