OFFICIAL 2015 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD (NBA FINALS SET; GSW V. CLE - (But we have a whole week before the

What Team is Going to Win the Finals?

• Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors

• I Can't Decide

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or did Doc limit Jordan's minutes this time in the 4th? I believe he did and he also managed Blake's minutes well. Played CP3 the entire 2nd half as well, which was needed. He actually out coached Pop :lol:

Is it just me or did Doc limit Jordan's minutes this time in the 4th? I believe he did and he also managed Blake's minutes well. Played CP3 the entire 2nd half as well, which was needed. He actually out coached Pop :lol:

Definitely his best coaching job of the series. Managed the minutes better. It also helped a lot that Kawahi couldn't hit shots since it enabled us to get away with playing Crawford at 3

Definitely his best coaching job of the series. Managed the minutes better. It also helped a lot that Kawahi couldn't hit shots since it enabled us to get away with playing Crawford at 3

Game 7 without Big Baby going to hurt, though. I don't how much you trust Hawes in that situation unless you guys decide to go small the entire game.

Pop isn't that good of an in game coach, it's everything else that makes him great.

He does so much **** that makes my head hurt.

Hack-A-Hyland with a 10pt lead.
Playing Parker far too many minutes.
Not adapting to what the other team is giving him.

pop absolutely left danny green and tony in too long. shot himself and his team in the foot by keeping belli and abel on the bench. That was about as bad a coaching decision as keeping tim out in 2013 game 6.

Its obvious Danny Green just doesn't have it this series. The fact that his minutes have not been limited to under 20 a game for this series is amazing.

Watch him end up having a big Game 7 :lol:

Its obvious Danny Green just doesn't have it this series. The fact that his minutes have not been limited to under 20 a game for this series is amazing.

Watch him end up having a big Game 7
laugh.gif
I told Pop to make a change and bring him off the bench for a spark, I don't think Green would have minded

Patty's shot was on heat seeking missile status in Game 5 and he only played 15 mins. 15.

I'm still upset about that and I'm not even a Spurs fan.

i dont get the hack a shaq with a lead. still dont know why you would stop the clock for your opponent.
I'm still waiting for a reasonable reason for supporters of this strategy 
it makes sense when you're down but if you have a lead, why even think about stopping the clock?

I get it if you're up 10 with 4 minutes left.

Guy misses 2 free throws- +10 with 4:00
Take up shot clock, miss +10 with 3: 40
Guy makes one free throw +9 with 3:35
Use shot clock, make basket + 11 with 3:15
Guy makes one free throw +10 with 3:10
Use shot clock, miss shot +10 with 2:50
Guy luckily makes both +8 with 2:45
Use shot clock, make shot +10 with 2:20
Guy makes 1 free throw +9 with 2:15

Now in 2 minutes you've only squandered 1 point while wasting 2 minutes off the clock AND losing their momentum. Also off chance Doc takes out Deandre lowering their defense making it easier for you to trade buckets. Not saying it will always work but that's the mindset.

i dont get the hack a shaq with a lead. still dont know why you would stop the clock for your opponent.
I'm still waiting for a reasonable reason for supporters of this strategy 
it makes sense when you're down but if you have a lead, why even think about stopping the clock?

Now in 2 minutes you've only squandered 1 point while wasting 2 minutes off the clock AND losing their momentum. Also off chance Doc takes out Deandre lowering their defense making it easier for you to trade buckets. Not saying it will always work but that's the mindset.
when you break it down like that it does sound more reasonable.

The Clippers have one of the best offenses in the league. If they put DeAndre on the line and he makes his average, they're taking points off the board that would otherwise be there if the Spurs didn't foul more than likely.

Look at how much as to go perfectly for the hack of deandre to work. Not even worth it

Look at how much as to go perfectly for the hack of deandre to work. Not even worth it

Exactly.

I read that like "but it never happens like this"

He also factored out that the Clips get an offensive rebound over 20% of the time on DJ's missed FT's.

This is ideal, however you have to take into account the Clippers possibly getting offensive boards and easy put backs off missed FT's. Possible Clipper steals and quick fast break points before the Spurs can foul. Not everything happens to script like that

I get the offensive rebound or steals thing but in my scenario the Spurs are 50% from the field and DJ is 50% from the line. Not too crazy. I even eliminated the possibility of a Spurs 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom