Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Briante bout to get that ring :pimp:

They gon use him in spurts to defend Kyrie 94ft in the finals to get him tired and sht :lol:

you could argue that by getting lebron the same year they drafted wiggins, the cavs were automatically thrust to being contenders.
yeah I agree I'm just saying if a team has a high draft pick it's almost always because they are far from a contender

Different situations: David Rob was out the year before and Kobe went into a Laker team that was FAR from competing.
It's not an oxymoron :lol:
the lakers signed shaq tgat same year... how were they far from a contender?
and the spurs won a ring in duncan's 2nd or 3rd year
the situations are very similar

yeah I agree I'm just saying if a team has a high draft pick it's almost always because they are far from a contender

Yes, that is the usual case. But sometimes there are chances were the contending team ends up with a lottery pick i.e. Detroit in 2003, Celtics last and this year :lol:

It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. To say the state isn't valid just because it doesn't happen doesn't make it invalid. But what do I know? I think $1.4b isn't a lot of money :lol:

Yes, that is the usual case. But sometimes there are chances were the contending team ends up with a lottery pick i.e. Detroit in 2003, Celtics last and this year :lol:

It doesn't happen often, but it does happen. To say the state isn't valid just because it doesn't happen doesn't make it invalid. But what do I know? I think $1.4b isn't a lot of money :lol:
Ok

The Lakers got bounced out of the playoffs from 96-99 till Phil came around. And David Rob was hurt the year before Duncan got drafted.

You saying Kobe = Wiggins? Like I said, it's very few far in between where you see players contribute right away when being drafted to contenders.

The Lakers got bounced out of the playoffs from 96-99 till Phil came around. And David Rob was hurt the year before Duncan got drafted.

You saying Kobe = Wiggins? Like I said, it's very few far in between where you see players contribute right away when being drafted to contenders.
you actually said it had never happened
I just gave you two instances where it did

The Lakers got bounced out of the playoffs from 96-99 till Phil came around. 
they got bounced from the 2nd round and the conference finals. i think that counts as somewhere near being contenders. 

so not winning the ring means you aren't a contender?
warriors weren't a contender last year then :lol:

they got bounced from the 2nd round and the conference finals. i think that counts as somewhere near being contenders. 
The Clippers and Rockets got bounced the 2nd round recently. That make them contenders too?
first, i dont think being a contender is solely defined on where you finish. contenders are usually identified before the season. so yes to the clippers, no to the rockets

second, i see you conveniently ignored the conference finals part of my post.

the lakers were contenders the minute they landed shaquille o neal. there's a reason that was considered the biggest fa acquisition up until bron going to miami. 

Last edited:

The wizards bruh
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom