Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But but 2 out of those 3 teams will get to the 2nd round of the playoffs

History factors in for me as well. Those 3 squads *whatever have consistently been the 3 best teams in the league over the past 3 seasons.

the raptors were never contenders last year even tho they went to the ecf
the spurs were contenders even if they lost in the semis

the raptors were never contenders last year even tho they went to the ecf
the spurs were contenders even if they lost in the semis

I get what you're saying, but history will not look at the same way as you are right now. No one thinks about that sort of stuff. Same way no one will talk about why LeBron made it to 7+ straight NBA Finals. They'll remember that he did it. They won't talk about how he beat up on a weak eastern conference and walked his way to the Finals every year.

Only guys who'll be mentioning these idiosyncrasies are old writers and NT :lol:

it's absurd that one player has consistently rendered the ENTIRE eastern conference (besides his own team) as non-factors for close to 10 years.

i'm not a huge fan of lebron at this point due to all his complaining and flopping, but i respect the hell out his dominance.

MJ really did the same in the 90s. But really it's the talent disparity between the conferences that's allowed this to happen.

Last edited:
MJ really did the same in the 90s. But really it's the talent disparity between the conferences that's allowed this to happen.

Simply not true at all. Throughout the 90's MJ had to deal with teams which were very much real threats i.e. Knicks, Cavs, Celtics, Magic, and Pacers. There was WAY more competition in the East when Jordan was around.

To say MJ went through something similar to LeBron is absurd and down right incorrect. Do people even fact check anymore? Or do people even talk about **** that they've actually seen? I don't understand this at all :lol:

Simply not true at all. Throughout the 90's MJ had to deal with teams which were very much real threats i.e. Knicks, Cavs, Celtics, Magic, and Pacers. There was WAY more competition in the East when Jordan was around.

To say MJ went through something similar to LeBron is absurd and down right incorrect. Do people even fact check anymore? Or do people even talk about **** that they've actually seen? I don't understand this at all :lol:

Bron didn't have "threats" in the Celtics/Pistons when he was in CLE the first time? Or the Celtics/Pacers/Bulls in Miami? They all either beat him or took him to 6 or 7 games during those times. Then Since he game back to CLE ,the disparity in stars has gotten worse in the East.

You knew MJ was going to win every year no matter how good their perceived adversaries were, just as Bron is now.

Last edited:
Magic Johnson is someone who had no real threats in his conference during the 80's.

Michael Jordan didn't have what I consider to be threats either.

Bron didn't have "threats" in the Celtics/Pistons when he was in CLE the first time? Or the Celtics/Pacers/Bulls in Miami? They all either beat him or took him to 6 or 7 games during those times. Then Since he game back to CLE ,the disparity in stars has gotten worse in the East.

You knew MJ was going to win every year no matter how good their perceived adversaries were, just as Bron is now.
FACTS!

Let's all conveniently ignore the fact that there were new expansion teams to beat up on as well in the 90s.

The overall talent level of the league wasn't close to what it is now.

Magic Johnson is someone who had no real threats in his conference during the 80's.

Michael Jordan didn't have what I consider to be threats either.
looking through history. I agree with magic. Don't agree with Jordan. He won 6 times in the decade and didn't lose much . Conference was irrelevant..
If magic were undefeated in the finals I would say you couldn't bring up weak conference narrative.

Last edited:

Post 2013 there have been 0 legit contenders (besides Heat/Cavs) in the east.

Let's all conveniently ignore the fact that there were new expansion teams to beat up on as well in the 90s.

The overall talent level of the league wasn't close to what it is now.
time for " 80/90's all stars vs 2000s all stars" debate

Last edited:
Post 2013 there have been 0 legit contenders (besides Heat/Cavs) in the east.

That's why I prefaced by saying since he came back to Cleveland. Although the Pacers did take the Heat to 7 in 2014. The talent disparity is why it looks even worse now the majority of the top 20-25 players are all out West. And the ones that are out east are dwarfed cause he has two of them on his team.

That's why I prefaced by saying since he came back to Cleveland. Although the Pacers did take the Heat to 7 in 2014. The talent disparity is why it looks even worse now the majority of the top 20-25 players are all out West. And the ones that are out east are dwarfed cause he has two of them on his team.
Pacers took heat to 7 games in 2013.

2014 Pacers absolutely imploded the latter half of that season. Took heat to 6 games but should've lost 4-1 if PG didn't absolutely ball out the end of game 5.

Last edited:
Pacers took heat to 7 games in 2013.

2014 Pacers absolutely imploded the latter half of that season. Took heat to 6 games but should've lost 4-1 if PG didn't absolutely ball out the end of game 5.

My mistake got my years mixed up but still that was some "resistance" on par with what MJ experienced with the Knicks/Pacers etc. in his title runs. It's all faux competition ultimately these last 2 seasons and likely will continue this playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom