Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously but if mark Jackson could average 17, what do you think a mutant like Steph could do?

My question to you is would NBA teams in that era play Curry like he was Jackson, Price or Stockton? This conversation started because the claim Curry had the best offensive season ever was said. We know what happened to MJ back then. You don't think teams would have given him the same beating and treat him like Mark Jackson? Ha ha ha

Last edited:
I remember seeing a vid of Wade in his prime doing these really idiotic exercises with Tim Grover, jumping up and down as fast as he could with weights on his back. He had dejuan Wagner doing the same thing and we see how that turned out. Not surprising that Wade fired him as his trainer a few years back

Always wondered how that affected his business, with losing Dwayne Wade. I mean Kobe and MJ swear by him and Wade looked rejuvinated once he moved on. Remember that playoff run where Grover had him on a "plan" and Wade was looking horrible. People were saying things like the "plan" he has Wade on is causing Grover $$. Wade was looking that awful.

Obviously but if mark Jackson could average 17, what do you think a mutant like Steph could do?

My question to you is would NBA teams in that era play Curry like he was Jackson, Price or Stockton? This conversation started because the claim Curry had the best offensive season ever was said. We know what happened to MJ back then. You don't think teams would have given him the same beating and treat him like Mark Price? Ha ha ha

Isiah Thomas put up great numbers as a scoring PG and he wasn't nearly the shooter Steph is.

Like I understand you don't like Steph but a man that averaged 30 last year in only 34 minutes is great in any era. On any Martin Luther

curry would've got BUSY. You serious. No zone defense. Strict man to man coverage. No double or triple teams.. Designed for iso players to eat. :x He would've been nasty as hell.

Isiah Thomas put up great numbers as a scoring PG and he wasn't nearly the shooter Steph is.

Like I understand you don't like Steph but a man that averaged 30 last year in only 34 minutes is great in any era. On any Martin Luther

A better question would be if a MJ with his skill set played in today's NBA you don't believe he'd be any better? The lack of physical play wouldn't allow him to be a better scoring threat?

My question to you is would NBA teams in that era play Curry like he was Jackson, Price or Stockton? This conversation started because the claim Curry had the best offensive season ever was said. We know what happened to MJ back then. You don't think teams would have given him the same beating and treat him like Mark Price? Ha ha ha

the answer is simply too dark for the user...

A better question would be if a MJ with his skill set played in today's NBA you don't believe he'd be any better? The lack of physical play wouldn't allow him to be a better scoring threat?

Of course MJ would be able to play in any era.

And hard fouls don't equal good defense. MJ is the goat but watch those playoff games against Boston and see how often they doubled him. They had Danny Ainge checking him on an island.

curry would've got BUSY. You serious. No zone defense. Strict man to man coverage. No double or triple teams.. Designed for iso players to eat. :x He would've been nasty as hell.

Most of these stars today would feast on that one on one defense back in the day. All the help players get now was known as illegal defense back then. That's why I don't understand how people say players would eat "back in the day"

Last edited:
It's really hard to compare across eras. Steph came along at the perfect time for him: the time when everyone realizes the value of three point shooting. It's the perfect era for his skillset. 30 years ago, teams were averaging fewer than 5 three point attempts per game. Entire TEAMS. Now Steph averages double that by himself.

Sidenote, I wonder what would happen if you dropped Larry Bird into today's game and told him to shoot 10 threes a game.

Of course MJ would be able to play in any era.

And hard fouls don't equal good defense. MJ is the goat but watch those playoff games against Boston and see how often they doubled him. They had Danny Ainge checking him on an island.

There were better on Ball PG defenders back then as opposed to now. Curry has the luxury of not having someone like Rodman body him. Those damn near half court shots would have gotten him elbows and then some back then. He does those now without any recourse. The question is could he hold up and how would he have responded.

To act as if those types of shots don't effect a player is not keeping it 100.

Last edited:

Love byke
How much help does Bron need?
laugh.gif

There were better on Ball PG defenders back then as opposed to now. Curry has the luxury of not having someone like Rodman body him. Those damn near half court shots would have gotten him elbows and then some back then. He does those now without any recourse. The question is could he hold up and how would he have responded.

This is not true

You see what he did to Kawhi and them last year.....:nerd:

Kawhi might be one of the best perimeter defenders we've seen :lol:

It doesn't matter man. Great players will feast in any era. This is along the same lines of the dummies who think Larry Bird couldn't play today because of this myth that there were no athletes in the 70s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom