Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even more amazing that ownership didn't want to pay the tax to keep them together.

Guess that's what happens when the big boss isn't that really that deep into the sport.

Probably thought Harden was just a sixth man like a lot of casuals did.

Imagine this convo with Clay Bennett. :lol:

"I have to pay a tax for us to keep a bench player? He's not even good enough to start!"

"Presti, just draft another one"

"We would have to give up Ibaka? No way, he jumps so high and does those exciting blocks"

If we're gonna compare Russell Westbrook averaging 31, 10 & 10 and doing something thats only been done in the NBA once to A HS kid literally staying on the other side of the court and making Layups.... then this convo probably shouldn't be taking place.

Lamelo Ball hype gone too far. Loads of players of nba talent can drop 100 points in hs if they cherry picked all damn game.

Even more amazing that ownership didn't want to pay the tax to keep them together.

Guess that's what happens when the big boss isn't that really that deep into the sport.

Probably thought Harden was just a sixth man like a lot of casuals did.

Imagine this convo with Clay Bennett. :lol:

"I have to pay a tax for us to keep a bench player? He's not even good enough to start!"

"Presti, just draft another one"

"We would have to give up Ibaka? No way, he jumps so high and does those exciting blocks"
:rofl: probably not too far off from how it went

I think it was an overreaction to him struggling in the Finals after being in Trina's sugar walls. Even though he destroyed the Spurs in the previous round.

OKC was a mix of terrible luck with the timing of the cap jumps and also injuries, mixed with idiocy, mixed with being cheap, mixed with the ultimate hubris.

If we're gonna compare Russell Westbrook averaging 31, 10 & 10 and doing something thats only been done in the NBA once to A HS kid literally staying on the other side of the court and making Layups.... then this convo probably shouldn't be taking place.

The way you phrased it is exactly the point. SOME people see it as cheap. Regardless of team performance, etc. Some people view it as cheap. If you can recognize one, it shouldn't be difficult to grasp that some would view the other the same way. Which is exactly what I've been saying the entire time.

I think it was an overreaction to him struggling in the Finals after being in Trina's sugar walls. Even though he destroyed the Spurs in the previous round.

That was the big story going around. Anybody who actually put stock into it or came up with it needs prayer. Dude was drafted 3 yrs ago, and struggled in his 1st Finals. Big ****** deal. Bron was struggling in his second finals 8 yrs after he was drafted. **** happens. It boiled down to the FO really thinking they were the **** when they really didn't do much when you think about it.

Russ gonna stay alpha. Everyone in the league trying to be friends we have no rivalries. Bestbrook don't care what anyone says just bring it on the court!

Fans getting soft like Gasol and Lebae these days.

GS @ OKC Monday...

tumblr_m934hfztvH1r1ang0o1_400.gif

OKC was a mix of terrible luck with the timing of the cap jumps and also injuries, mixed with idiocy, mixed with being cheap, mixed with the ultimate hubris.
Mix of good luck you mean, landing that type of talent's nothing short of a lot of that. They tried, made it to the finals, nothing wrong with that

Last edited:
The way you phrased it is exactly the point. SOME people see it as cheap. Regardless of team performance, etc. Some people view it as cheap. If you can recognize one, it shouldn't be difficult to grasp that some would view the other the same way. Which is exactly what I've been saying the entire time.

I'm willing to recognize that people have outlandish views, what i don't recognize is, what outside of them not liking a players personality would drive someone to say a player putting up historic numbers that benefit his team EXTREMELY is doing it cheaply.

There's no basis to saying it that way. If he was doing this and it's too the detriment of the team then sure but it's CLEARLY not that. If someone wants to say the numbers are inflated due to the style and system they play, then okay i could see that. Thing with that is there may be only 3-4 players that you could put in the same system and generate the results he's getting.

We could say Lebrons numbers are inflated because he always has the ball and is surrounded by shooters, it would be a dumb argument because it's in your teams best interest to have that setup. The same exact thing can be said for Harden.

when you have an elite Defensive Rim protector, the defensive scheme usually is built to pull the ballhandler towards that rim protector, with that comes more blocked shots.... are those blocks invalid because the gameplan gives him more opportunities to block?

also i see Jokic is Nt' new hype sensation ya'll never wanna allow someone to actually earn their position in the league. as someone who has Jokic on his Fantasy he was average as hell for the first 20+ games of the season, Nurkic got traded he's def picked up his play, but suddenly he deserves a All NBA spot this year for playing on an under .500 8th seed?

you don't suddenly earn those honors for putting up good numbers for 75% of your season on a below average team.

He stupidly wasn't getting enough playing time even though he was clearly Denver's best player. It's not like he wasn't balling in the minutes he was getting.

Mix of good luck you mean, landing that type of talent's nothing short of a lot of that. They tried, made it to the finals, nothing wrong with that

I get what you're saying and agree, but that's not what I'm talking about :lol: I'm talking about the breakup. Obviously it was good luck with the picks, which Presti/Bennett obviously mistook for something else. In hindsight, and even at the time, it's pretty easy to imagine keeping Harden 1 more yr, and then who knows what happens. I know Houston wouldn't have been the 8th seed

Back in the race for the 5th seed at least. I think the 4th seed may be out of question unless Utah goes on a 2-3 game losing skid.

He stupidly wasn't getting enough playing time even though he was clearly Denver's best player. It's not like he wasn't balling in the minutes he was getting.

Never said he wasn't balling... but there's A lot of cats balling & he's not having that great of a season to suddenly catapult him into the a top 6 big in the league :lol:. Not saying he isn't good or even that he won't eventually get to that level. But it remains that you have a guy putting up good not great numbers on a below average team who has been doing it for about 40 games. You have to EARN all NBA spots and he hasn't put in enough work to get their yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom