Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How isba Triple Double cheap? Aren't they 26-6 (don't know the exact record) when he gets one of these "cheap" triple doubles?

31 10 and 10 for an entire season. The season where everyone expected him to falter because KD was gone. Everyone counted this man out and here he is producing but you guys got to still discredit him.

Uh, he's clearly hunting for them and his team is actively participating in that hunt. We've been over this a ton of times in here. Just because you don't see it as cheap doesn't mean everyone else does. There's validity in that thinking if you don't agree with how the entire team is going about it

Uh, he's clearly hunting for them and his team is actively participating in that hunt. We've been over this a ton of times in here. Just because you don't see it as cheap doesn't mean everyone else does. There's validity in that thinking if you don't agree with how the entire team is going about it

So now a team creating a gameplan around their best players talents is considered cheap? Is Hardens Assist cheap because they have shooters sitting way behind the three point line giving him unlimited one on ones, which then lead to forcing help and kicking it out for easy assist, Same for Lebron, Are a Rim protectors blocks cheap if the defensive strategy is force the ball in his direction?

"He's hunting for them" as if adding an extra rebound, assist, or point is hurting his team (again an 80% winning percentage when he hunts).

Y'all need to learn how to read. Never did I say that I find it cheap. Try again

Last edited:
How isba Triple Double cheap? Aren't they 26-6 (don't know the exact record) when he gets one of these "cheap" triple doubles?

31 10 and 10 for an entire season. The season where everyone expected him to falter because KD was gone. Everyone counted this man out and here he is producing but you guys got to still discredit him.

Uh, he's clearly hunting for them

So that makes it cheap/less impressive?

Was Kobe "hunting" for Jordan's ppg record in '06, or did his team need that production from him & were better off from it?

Was 81 cheap/less impressive because the Raps weren't doubling or sending any help and he just kept firing away?

Last edited:
So you're impressed, but find it cheap. Got it.

I'm not talking about myself. And when the Cavs broke the three point record in the playoffs people weren't fully impressed, since they actively looked to ONLY shoot 3's. This is the exact same concept. Just because I can recognize why someone would be less impressed than I, doesn't mean I personally believe they're right. I just understand it. Geez.

So that makes it cheap/less impressive?

Was Kobe "hunting" for Jordan's ppg record in '06, or did his team need that production from him & were better off from it?

Was 81 cheap/less impressive because the Raps weren't doubling or sending any help and he just kept firing away?

To me, no not really. To some, yes. Not difficult to understand.

Y'all need to learn how to read. Never did I say that I find it cheap. Try again

okay my apoligies, YOU didn't call it cheap you just stated that some people find it cheap... so for those that find it cheap(which other Nt'ers have done) i need to know how his team putting together a strategy that revolves around their best player is somehow inflated/unauthentic stats yet none of the other stars who have this done for them have there stats questioned.

Once again, OKC has a .800 record when Russ gets a triple double so it's irrelevant if you feel he "chases" them or not, it's what they need.

They don't have a .800 record under any other circumstances.

Westbrook is an idiot for those comments he made about Curry yesterday. Who's he? Only the back to back and reigning unanimous winner of the award in question, ya dumb ****

Put that bottle down man you think Russ cares about his vote or what he has to say about the MVP Race

Once again, OKC has a .800 record when Russ gets a triple double so it's irrelevant if you feel he "chases" them or not, it's what they need.

They don't have a .800 record under any other circumstances.

I don't know why this has to be said everyday.

As for Steph v Russ, chicks dig the long ball I guess.

okay my apoligies, YOU didn't call it cheap you just stated that some people find it cheap... so for those that find it cheap(which other Nt'ers have done) i need to know how his team putting together a strategy that revolves around their best player is somehow inflated/unauthentic stats yet none of the other stars who have this done for them have there stats questioned.

Probably because it's a historic level of play. My guess. I mean just last month we were talking about Melo scoring 92 was weak because he cherry picked the whole game but now y'all can't wrap y'all mind around the concept that someone would find this cheap? Stop it. Regardless of if you agree or not, haters gone hate. And the argument isn't whether or not they win, so that point is moot. One can find something weak yet still recognize it isn't detrimental to the team's success

Last edited:
It's amazing to think that Durant, bestbrook, and harden were on the same team
Even more amazing that ownership didn't want to pay the tax to keep them together.

Guess that's what happens when the big boss isn't that really that deep into the sport.

Probably thought Harden was just a sixth man like a lot of casuals did.

"Cheap" is definitely a mischaracterized way of putting it. There's literally no way to look at the team success and say that.

If we're gonna compare Russell Westbrook averaging 31, 10 & 10 and doing something thats only been done in the NBA once to A HS kid literally staying on the other side of the court and making Layups.... then this convo probably shouldn't be taking place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom