Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Best thing about him
smokin.gif

Call your own shots
You can do both without sticking it to the people that are spending their money to watch you play a game.

It's all fun and games until the networks and corporate sponsors come in and start taking money out of the pie. Then your not only screwing the fans, but your own bottom line.

FR. It was wack when the Dubs did it the week before. It was wack when the Cavs did it. They use the excuse that it worked better for the schedule but at least play the Clips and take the night off against the Lakers.

That's that Charmin right there.

Pop was working with a bunch of octogenarians with osteoporosis.
This **** where you got young healthy dudes resting is nonsense.
Timmy resting, cool. VC resting, cool. Kyrie resting, not cool.

Fair enough, but when you're minutes played trumps everyone else's in the league you shouldn't be the face of this fiasco

The NBA needs to protect their partners first.

This means don't for whatever reason, schedule a Marquee Televised game, on a b2b, period.

Last edited:

Fair enough, but when you're minutes played trumps everyone else's in the league you shouldn't be the face of this fiasco

and when you're down to take nights off, purposely, you shouldn't be the face of the league.

Last edited:

So much Hold Me Back in that OKC/GSW scuffle
laugh.gif
I will say most players who start the scuffle usually fade to the back once everyone gets involved but Steph was right in there.
Dude was moving forward with Taj holding him 
laugh.gif
 Taj honestly wasn't even trying if Steph could push him like that 
laugh.gif

You can tell Steph grew up playing in the garage only.
laugh.gif
True. When you play in parks you learn that ****** dont know how to act and if some **** starts you dont want to be in the middle of it 
laugh.gif

Normally this would be true. But when you're the face of the league, who has no real injury history and is out here dunking on people nightly, yet still takes off nationally televised games, then yeah, you will be.

Dude has a bye for pretty much the 1st two rounds of the playoffs every year and because of the scheduling, those rounds are spread out over an entire month. How much more rest does one need, truly?

Last edited:
Really hope the Mavs lose the next 5 (GSW, OKC, TOR, SA, LAC)

Need to get into that position for Dennis Smith Jr

No way Smith falls past 7. They have a better shot at drafting Frank Ntilikina or Lauri Markkanen than Smith.

Smith would be nice in Dallas though...they just need to stop winning.

And DC same same for you.

You've bagged on Russ and called him petty right? (I may be thinking of someone else so my bad if so) But if that is you and I think it is, you defend Rondo and free him of petty, but Russ is captain of #teampetty ? Nah man, not today.
No. I didn't call Russ petty.

I defended Russ and said, "He is right. WTF is Steph."

Dude has a bye for pretty much the 1st two rounds of the playoffs every year and because of the scheduling, those rounds are spread out over an entire month. How much more rest does one need, truly?

How much rest does he need? You're kind of downplaying his mileage. That man has played a lot of basketball over the years. A few games is not that big of a deal

blame yourselves and the media for players resting. you define players entire careers by playoff performance, then get upset that they rest to be fresh so they can perform their best in the playoffs.

nah, players do it themselves. Players that won, talk about winning. Players that haven't, talk about everything else.

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing. That's literally the whole point of sports.

blame yourselves and the media for players resting. you define players entire careers by playoff performance, then get upset that they rest to be fresh so they can perform their best in the playoffs.

Lol, all I ever hear is that regular season doesn't matter. I hope DNPs go up next season. Give me the freshest versions of these players in the postseason.

This is hogwash. Pop who started this phenomenon had far more success back when he wasn't doing this in the 2000s. And what about all the other players before who did both.

That was the excuse last year when players rested for the playoffs and what happened? Most blowouts in playoff history FOH

Exactly. It's not leading to a better product on the floor. And besides the 1st and 2nd rounds are so damn spread out as it is already. It's sawft.

nah, players do it themselves. Players that won, talk about winning. Players that haven't, talk about everything else.

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing. That's literally the whole point of sports.

either way you rationalize it, you're proving my point. if the playoffs are more important than anything else, players are going to want to be well rested for them. that means sitting out meaningless regular season games.

Lol, all I ever hear is that regular season doesn't matter. I hope DNPs go up next season. Give me the freshest versions of these players in the postseason.

bingo.

This is hogwash. Pop who started this phenomenon had far more success back when he wasn't doing this in the 2000s. And what about all the other players before who did both.

crying @ hogwash.

but anyways, modern science says it's beneficial to rest players. if they wanna rest, i support them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom