Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I really wish people would stop comparing players to freak generational talents to slight them. It's so annoying.
Yeah 
laugh.gif

Weirdly Dwight's whole career people have been saying "He isn't Shaq/Wilt/Olajuwon"

I don't know why that always happens with centers.  People have this thing about talking down big men.

Stupid soft new generation. Let's go back to the good old days when players had shorter careers.

Back then you HAD to play to make money

These days you can collect tens of millions by barely playing

Whole new ball game

Rest isn't directly correlated to titles though.
Why else are they resting? Only one out of 30 teams wins a title, being such slim odds, you have to take any and all measures you can to put you in the best position to win

Missing a handful of regular season games isn't going to re-write history

Last edited:

Why else are they resting? Only one out of 30 teams wins a title, being such slim odds, you have to take any and all measures you can to put you in the best position to win

Missing a handful of regular season games isn't going to re-write history
That's the reasoning for resting but it doesn't correlate directly. Let's take the Spurs for example who really started this whole thing back in 2012. Pop had been reducing Duncan's minutes in previous seasons, but really didn't start going full blown troll (sitting his entire big 3) until that game with Miami. These are their playoff results:

2012- L Conference Finals

2013- L Finals

2014- W Finals

2015- L 1st Round

2016- L 2nd Round

2017- TBD 

So they only made it to the championship round twice for all the rest their guys got. And that is somewhat more understandable with Duncan and Ginobli being older players. There are other mitigating factors such as matchups, injuries, etc. that have as much as and even more an effect on who wins and loses than somebody sitting out a February or December game. There's a medium that can be had here.

Also another thing about Bron sitting out and saying he needs rest. There have been at least 5 or 6 games I've watched this year where the game is in hand early in the 4th, yet he's still out there playing 40+ minutes padding stats or whatever. If he was so concerned about rest, why is he still in these so dubbed meaningless contests putting unnecessary mileage on his body? 

Last edited:
Warriors fans: You guys really think that GSW is back? Splash bros are back. like you think that GSW is really playing good?

I'm being dead serious.

I'm not even close to being half way impressed.
I'm not talking about vs us or last night, GSW has got up for us all 4 games.
You can't tell me they didn't play with more fire last night, or any game vs us, than they have all Season.

This team still looks very very beatable any night (exclude us)
4game winning streak now and good for GSW and the 4gimmes they just played.

We are the only team they stomped and that was adrenaline and sheer will, not skill.

GSW is not back.
They're not.

I won't ever put OKC ahead of them in a matchup though, but that's beside the point.
You ninjas are buns. Straight from the Wonder Bread factory.
Buns you hear!

a-friend right now:

View media item 2375870

He won't, because he's a professional who's gonna be worth a billion dollars soon

While lavar does nothing and expects to live off his kids. He doesn't mess with nobodies
If you aren't going to DO anything, don't play thr tough man game and use the, "Keep my name out of your mouth" talk [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Well I don't like lebron but he has a point, old nobody shouldn't be randomly talking about his kids when lebrons never even mentioned his name let alone knew he existed

I'm sure you'd be pissed too if some guy was talking **** about your kids and you never even seen the guy

That's the reasoning for resting but it doesn't correlate directly. Let's take the Spurs for example who really started this whole thing back in 2012. Pop had been reducing Duncan's minutes in previous seasons, but really didn't start going full blown troll (sitting his entire big 3) until that game with Miami. These are their playoff results:

2012- L Conference Finals

2013- L Finals

2014- W Finals

2015- L 1st Round

2016- L 2nd Round

2017- TBD 

So they only made it to the championship round twice for all the rest their guys got. And that is somewhat more understandable with Duncan and Ginobli being older players. There are other mitigating factors such as matchups, injuries, etc. that have as much as and even more an effect on who wins and loses than somebody sitting out a February or December game. There's a medium that can be had here.

Also another thing about Bron sitting out and saying he needs rest. There have been at least 5 or 6 games I've watched this year where the game is in hand early in the 4th, yet he's still out there playing 40+ minutes padding stats or whatever. If he was so concerned about rest, why is he still in these so dubbed meaningless contests putting unnecessary mileage on his body? 
The point of my post was that you do everything you can to put yourself in the best position. Nowhere did I say it can guarantee anything my brethren

May not have direct correlation but again, not having direct correlation isn't re-writing history books. So, my point is it's worth sitting the players. It doesn't hurt to sit them

Lavar ball is as pathetic as mr. Hercules in the dragonball z mangas.
Big talk and ignorant.
When he claimed he would have beaten MJ one on one or that his son Lonzo would beat Curry I don't know whether i should facepalm or do ROFL.
If you hype someone that much don't cry in case you fail hard.

Lejose canseco out here tryna get everybody indicted. I see you playa.
Low key messed up how nobody even acknowledged it
laugh.gif
Jay Williams had a nice little story on Krause on PTI. Krause didn't have to help Williams after the accident but he did anyway, you can tell it made a huge impact on Williams... he was battling some demons back then too

Last edited:

The point of my post was that you do everything you can to put yourself in the best position. Nowhere did I say it can guarantee anything my brethren

May not have direct correlation but again, not having direct correlation isn't re-writing history books. So, my point is it's worth sitting the players. It doesn't hurt to sit them
It doesn't necessarily help them either. Again with all the resting of players last season, we had one of the worst playoffs in recent memory. So the product wasn't actually any better or more competitive because of it. 

There's literally no reason for Kawhi to be sitting down games in the prime of his career when he's already only averaging 34 minutes a game. And it's starting to trickle down to teams who don't even have a shot at the playoffs ala the Kangz from a few weeks ago. 

Doesn't even correlate to better performance in the regular season. Dubs rest their guys then almost lose to the Sixers the next game. Cavs rest vs the Dippers and are in a dogfight vs the Lakers. 

There are no back to backs or 4 games in 5 nights in the playoffs, in fact outside of the conference finals which are every other day, there's at least a day off sometimes 2 between playoff games. And the Finals sometimes 3. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom