Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't hurt. But it doesn't necessarily help either.

What exactly are you using to measure how effective resting players is?

Won/Loss % of the games in which those players return?

The teams that rest winning a ring?

Like, so many people in here are saying it DOESN'T work but what is your metric?

A handful of games I'm not sure I'd classify as an epidemic. Like someone else said, if it's more than a handful and it's like a monthly thing, that'd be different (I still wouldn't even care) 

Seems a little farfetched to think this could have a drastic impact on revenue tbh

Silver is protecting his interests and I'm sure will "remedy" this to make it "look" better.. and players/coaches will still find the work around

I think it was on Sportsnation but they had a graphic showing how many total games missed by players due to 'rest' league wide had gone up by 100 or so each year. I'll try to find it. League is on pace for like 244 this year.

And if there's no punishment for doing so going forward what incentive is there for teams to stop or more even the bad ones (like Sacramento) from doing it?

Last edited:
Rondo channeling Shuttlesworth 
pimp.gif

A handful of games I'm not sure I'd classify as an epidemic. Like someone else said, if it's more than a handful and it's like a monthly thing, that'd be different (I still wouldn't even care) 

Seems a little farfetched to think this could have a drastic impact on revenue tbh

Silver is protecting his interests and I'm sure will "remedy" this to make it "look" better.. and players/coaches will still find the work around
"ABC Primtime gets 9 of these Saturday games.

They have 4 left.

Of the 5 played, 4 were Rest spots."

ABC have a legit gripe or nah?

Last edited:
When his brand doesn't sell (no idea who would even buy it today let alone in a few years) he's gonna ask his son to bail him out all the money he lost

It's a win/win for him anyways
I agree with you, but I hope Lonzo turns away when that time comes.

Damn like that? I feel bad for your Father.

Lavar raised those kids, fed them, provided shelter, put clothes on their back, gave them the finer things in life...

Who invested their money to start their own company anyway?

And you hope a Son turns away from his Father?

Last edited:
"ABC Primtime gets 9 of these Saturday games.

They have 4 left.

Of the 5 played, 4 were Rest spots."

ABC have a legit gripe or nah?
If you look at THAT sample, yes, but I think folks were saying over the number of games played for the entire season, people sitting for rest is a very small % of THOSE games

But the games you mentioned essentially matter more

The NFL is losing money or what

I don't have the numbers but I know their ratings were down and actual in game attendance has been on the decline.

And there's a reason the players are able to get the increase in salary in the NBA that they have, because the networks paid billions of dollars to market and put that product on the floor. And why is that, because the fan interest has grown enough to a level to warrant that.

That can easily be eroded with seemingly having indifference as no recourse towards the fans. If this resting epidimic continues.

NFL ratings were slightly down during the election last season, they went back to normal after election day.

I will say that the on-field product was pretty mediocre all throughout the regular season, and that remained true in the playoffs. Aside from the Green Bay/Dallas game and the Super Bowl, none of the games were particularly exciting.

NFL is doing just fine financially though :lol:

Last edited:
Ratings were slightly down during the election last season, they went back to normal after election day.

I will say that the on-field product was pretty mediocre all throughout the regular season, and that remained true into the playoffs. Aside from the Green Bay/Dallas game and the Super Bowl, none of the games were particularly exciting.

The ratings were down 9% for the entirety of the regular season and 6% during the playoffs.

Pre-election get were down 12% from previous year. Post election they were still down 5% less than the previous season at the same time.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.reco...14508632/nfl-tv-ratings-down-moffettnathanson

NFL revenue grows every single year :lol: they were at 13 bil this past season, a new record for them. Dwarfing everyone, more than double the NBA. They're an unstoppable force.

NBA growing each year too. This rest stuff does nothing.

Exactly.

Dudes in the NFL thread were complaining week after week that the games lacked quality. Yet every Sunday they kept watching :lol:

Ratings were slightly down during the election last season, they went back to normal after election day.

I will say that the on-field product was pretty mediocre all throughout the regular season, and that remained true into the playoffs. Aside from the Green Bay/Dallas game and the Super Bowl, none of the games were particularly exciting.

The ratings were down 9% for the entirety of the regular season and 6% during the playoffs.

Pre-election get were down 12% from previous year. Post election they were still down 5% less than the previous season at the same time.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.reco...14508632/nfl-tv-ratings-down-moffettnathanson

I stand corrected on the ratings.

Like I said, season as a whole was a pretty forgettable one to be honest :\

Last edited:
NFL revenue grows every single year :lol: they were at 13 bil this past season, a new record for them. Dwarfing everyone, more than double the NBA. They're an unstoppable force.

NBA growing each year too. This rest stuff does nothing.

Exactly.

Dudes in the NFL thread were complaining week after week that the games lacked quality. Yet every Sunday they kept watching :lol:

Fantasy football is what drives people to watch

I think NFL red zone subscribers went through the roof too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom