Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, it is as simple as this. Coaches want their players to feel rested when they play in important games. So what do they do? They sit them during games they feel the players CAN miss. Of course it doesn't mean they will win a ring BECAUSE of THAT, but it allows a front office to feel more confident in their team's chances in those big games due to their players feeling fresher. So you don't understand that?

It doesn't necessarily help them either. Again with all the resting of players last season, we had one of the worst playoffs in recent memory. So the product wasn't actually any better or more competitive because of it. 

There's literally no reason for Kawhi to be sitting down games in the prime of his career when he's already only averaging 34 minutes a game. And it's starting to trickle down to teams who don't even have a shot at the playoffs ala the Kangz from a few weeks ago. 

Doesn't even correlate to better performance in the regular season. Dubs rest their guys then almost lose to the Sixers the next game. Cavs rest vs the Dippers and are in a dogfight vs the Lakers. 
Are you insinuating that resting players is somehow correlated to the number of blowouts we saw during the playoffs last year?

If so, HOW do you make THAT connection?

I'm ok with players missing games here and there for rest. I would prefer if they did it at home against bad teams opposed to Saturday nights on ABC :lol:

Last edited:
rajon-rondo-of-the-boston-celtics-spreads-holiday-cheer-and-gives-picture-id459405535

It doesn't necessarily help them either. Again with all the resting of players last season, we had one of the worst playoffs in recent memory. So the product wasn't actually any better or more competitive because of it. 

There's literally no reason for Kawhi to be sitting down games in the prime of his career when he's already only averaging 34 minutes a game. And it's starting to trickle down to teams who don't even have a shot at the playoffs ala the Kangz from a few weeks ago. 

Doesn't even correlate to better performance in the regular season. Dubs rest their guys then almost lose to the Sixers the next game. Cavs rest vs the Dippers and are in a dogfight vs the Lakers. 
Again, it doesn't hurt to rest these guys.. I guess that's my vantage point. What's the worst that can happen if they rest? Message board folks call them soft.. fans lose out on some cash.. Networks make phone calls to Silver? Again, none of those consequences are changing legacies

If it turns out Silver implements something, that could go down in history books but they'll be a work around/loophole somehow

Well I don't like lebron but he has a point, old nobody shouldn't be randomly talking about his kids when lebrons never even mentioned his name let alone knew he existed

I'm sure you'd be pissed too if some guy was talking **** about your kids and you never even seen the guy

This. It's cool to be supportive of your kids, most kid parents are, but you don't need to compare and contrast your kids to other people's kids to do it.

I haven't seen as masterful a troll job as lavar ball since 50 cent circa 1999 when how to rob dropped. He's got the world hanging on his every word and playing them for fools a la ninjahood in the politics thread

I haven't seen as masterful a troll job as lavar ball since 50 cent circa 1999 when how to rob dropped. He's got the world hanging on his every word and playing them for fools a la ninjahood in the politics thread

Except he's not releasing a rap album, he has a son who's trying to get drafted high as possible and not be labeled a potential problem.

Except he's not releasing a rap album, he has a son who's trying to get drafted high as possible and not be labeled a potential problem.

Lonzo's draft stock is already cemented. Lavar is building his brand and building hype, now it's just up to him to deliver good product with this big baller line. He probably won't go diamond but you can't knock the hustle

These guys didn't need to go a full 48. Play them 20-24 minutes.  Don't dress these guys and sit them on the bench in front of everyone to see, have these fans chant for these players and dudes are posted up with a latte on the bench.

AND

It wasn't just because Lebron sat. Lebron trying to flex like fans are only coming to see him on some David Ruffin "aint nobody coming to see you Otis" type steez. We want the entire product man. Bron, Kyrie. KLove. We want to see all of it.

strong post. Tempations ref. :smokin repped

Fixed. Reference very much appreciated.

"YALL AINT NOTHIN, WITHOUT DAVID RUFFIN!"

:pimp:

On topic, it's totally different when Pop rests TD manu or TP those guys are old as dirt. BUT it is trolling when he does it on national tv and/or vs a high profile opponent. Nobody would care as much if they rested the next day vs the lakers. Still a little lame for those guys to rest, especially since it was a nationally televised vs a playoff team

Last edited:
Again, it doesn't hurt to rest these guys.. I guess that's my vantage point. What's the worst that can happen if they rest? Message board folks call them soft.. fans lose out on some cash.. Networks make phone calls to Silver? Again, none of those consequences are changing legacies

If it turns out Silver implements something, that could go down in history books but they'll be a work around/loophole somehow

It doesn't hurt. But it doesn't necessarily help either.

Nothing is happening as of this moment right now, but if this continues there will be consequences at some point.

The NBA isn't infallible that the gains they've made in the sports arena can't be reversed. Just look at the NFL this past season when the product was pretty bad. You start alienating the fans with statements like what Bron made, and then the sponsors/networks start pulling money because they got a product to sell and it's not there, it's a bad look for the league. And everybody's pockets are getting lighter.

Especially when the NBA above all other sports is marketed toward the individual.

There are better ways to do this than completely sitting out stars for games. Especially when the league has actively made strides to make the supposedly rigorous schedule easier to manage for everyone with their changes.

Lonzo's draft stock is already cemented. Lavar is building his brand and building hype, now it's just up to him to deliver good product with this big baller line. He probably won't go diamond but you can't knock the hustle

I don't think it's tactical. I think he just likes the attention.

I could be wrong, but hell.

Does this make you more likely to buy "big baller" products? Seems like a poor investment in the first place compared to getting actual endorsements.

Last edited:

Nothing is happening as of this moment right now, but if this continues there will be consequences at some point.

The NBA isn't infallible that the gains they've made in the sports arena can't be reversed. Just look at the NFL this past season when the product was pretty bad. You start alienating the fans with statements like what Bron made, and then the sponsors/networks start pulling money because they got a product to sell and it's not there, it's a bad look for the league. And everybody's pockets are getting lighter.

Especially when the NBA above all other sports is marketed toward the individual.

There are better ways to do this than completely sitting out stars for games. Especially when the league has actively made strides to make the supposedly rigorous schedule easier to manage for everyone with their changes.
The NFL is losing money or what

I don't think it's tactical. I think he just likes the attention.

I could be wrong, but hell.

Does this make you more likely to buy "big baller" products? Seems like a poor investment in the first place compared to getting actual endorsements.

When his brand doesn't sell (no idea who would even buy it today let alone in a few years) he's gonna ask his son to bail him out all the money he lost

It's a win/win for him anyways

When his brand doesn't sell (no idea who would even buy it today let alone in a few years) he's gonna ask his son to bail him out all the money he lost

It's a win/win for him anyways
I agree with you, but I hope Lonzo turns away when that time comes.

I don't have the numbers but I know their ratings were down and actual in game attendance has been on the decline.

And there's a reason the players are able to get the increase in salary in the NBA that they have, because the networks paid billions of dollars to market and put that product on the floor. And why is that, because the fan interest has grown enough to a level to warrant that.

That can easily be eroded with seemingly having indifference as no recourse towards the fans. If this resting epidimic continues.

A handful of games I'm not sure I'd classify as an epidemic. Like someone else said, if it's more than a handful and it's like a monthly thing, that'd be different (I still wouldn't even care) 

Seems a little farfetched to think this could have a drastic impact on revenue tbh

Silver is protecting his interests and I'm sure will "remedy" this to make it "look" better.. and players/coaches will still find the work around

NFL revenue grows every single year :lol: they were at 13 bil this past season, a new record for them. Dwarfing everyone, more than double the NBA. They're an unstoppable force.

NBA growing each year too. This rest stuff does nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom