Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the eye test, but

I mean I love JJ, but if you watch the Clippers play, over the years he's become more and more important to what the Clippers do offensively, and he's not good enough to warrant the type of responsibility that the Clips give him. The Clippers offense almost goes as he goes. When he's scoring and shooting well, the clippers look great. When he doesnt get off, everything goes to ****. And he's not good enough to have that weight on him.

His constant Floppy and improvised DHO action with Blake and DJ bring them too far from the basket, and he's one of the big reasons why The Clippers struggle against teams like GSW. They're so JJ Centric, that when guys can switch easily onto him, it blows up everything the clips are trying to do offensively.

Just a long winded way of saying the clippers are overextending him to the point where he's becoming the litmus for their offense.

Damned good analysis.

Why aren't we giving Paul a long-term deal?

PER of 26, so all of his boxscore numbers are still elite, offensive & defensive lineups featuring him still perform at a high level, and he's always been among the league's most skilled players so he's unlikely to fall off a cliff.

You 100% max him.

But isn't that Doc's fault.

If it ain't JJ running the sets he'll just find someone else to run them.
Perhaps, could be. Some of it is, for sure.

Don't get it twisted, JJ is great but he's just not good enough to warrant all that LAC does for him.

Why aren't we giving Paul a long-term deal?

PER of 26, so all of his boxscore numbers are still elite, offensive & defensive lineups featuring him still perform at a high level, and he's always been among the league's most skilled players so he's unlikely to fall off a cliff.

You 100% max him.

Too much logic b. :lol:

CP always been one of the most hated on here along with the Clippers as a whole, I don't even bother at this point.

Just the eye test, but

I mean I love JJ, but if you watch the Clippers play, over the years he's become more and more important to what the Clippers do offensively, and he's not good enough to warrant the type of responsibility that the Clips give him. The Clippers offense almost goes as he goes. When he's scoring and shooting well, the clippers look great. When he doesnt get off, everything goes to ****. And he's not good enough to have that weight on him.

His constant Floppy and improvised DHO action with Blake and DJ bring them too far from the basket, and he's one of the big reasons why The Clippers struggle against teams like GSW. They're so JJ Centric, that when guys can switch easily onto him, it blows up everything the clips are trying to do offensively.

Just a long winded way of saying the clippers are overextending him to the point where he's becoming the litmus for their offense.
Isn't that a Rivers & Paul issue?

Or are you saying that removing JJ from the equation will be a net addition by subtraction because Paul will be forced to increase his usage?

Hot take, Doc has never been a great coach at any point and still isn't.
Great? I'll give you that.

But he's good. He's not on like Carisle or Pop level good, but he's okay.

Like...The Clippers not making it past the 2nd round to me has little to do with him.

They'll get to 50 wins. They have a cake schedule to finish the year.

And they've been playing at a .600 clip (or close to it) this season when CP (and CP + Blake) play this year. They've been hurt lol
I doubt they will but we'll see

Isn't that a Rivers & Paul issue?

Or are you saying that removing JJ from the equation will be a net addition by subtraction because Paul will be forced to increase his usage?
Bingo. Not just CP increasing his usage, but it would force Blake as well to be more of a focal point on offense. Both of them depend a lot on JJ's movement and I actually believe Redick to a degree has stunted blake's growth as a 1v1 player.

I could def see not maxing CP3.

There a so many PG's out there, so many.

CP3 is worth max if you want to build that way.

I would start all over though for less money and more options.

Paul is skillled but dude is 5'11 he's gonna need every little burst to get off a shot

Easy Max tho

Last edited:
I doubt they will but we'll see
Let's just say I "hope" they do
laugh.gif
you never know with them.

start over with what though? They have no draft picks and there is literally nothing that suggest that he's in decline

Start over how exactly?

Do you know the Clippers draft pick and cap situation?

It's not about his production today, but his production on the back end of that deal.

Might as well give Trillsap that bread he's asking for since he's still a top 5 PF

It's not about his production today, but his production on the back end of that deal.

Might as well give Trillsap that bread he's asking for since he's still a top 5 PF

After year 2 of that deal it's going to look awful.

I'm still confused about the clippers maxing cp. Would they not be bidding against themselves?

In other news..

Dwight Howard battled an addiction so bad it started affecting his game in 2013, but the NBA star’s vice was not what you’d expect.

Howard was consuming the amount of sugar equivalent to 24 chocolate bars every day for possibly as long as a decade. “He used to have boxes on boxes of candy in the locker room,” a source confirms to PEOPLE.

The Lakers’ nutritionist, Dr. Cate Shanahan, who detailed his notorious sweet tooth for ESPN The Magazine, says the now Atlanta Hawks player would eat anything from Skittles, Starbursts, Rolos, Snickers, Mars bars, Twizzlers, Almond Joys, Kit Kats and his favorite: Reese’s Pieces. “You name it, he ate it,” she says. Howard kept his sugar stashes all over his home, in his car and at work.

All of his preferred candies have about 230 calories per bag. If you do the math, that’s more than 5,500 calories per day, and that was just in candy.

Bruh..

If trillsap is rumored to be getting 200 mil to make atl a perennial 2nd round loser, there's no reason cp3 cant get his mangled cheeto hands on a similar deal

Doc ain't never want to rebuild
I would move on from Redick and Jordan so I guess I would restructure, but not rebuild.

Blake and Chris Paul are still really good. Just injury prone which sucks, but yeah.

I know one thing, if your name not Pop you shouldn't be coaching and running the front office.

That **** rarely works.

SVG, Bud, Doc, and Thibs all need to get GM's asap

Start over how exactly?

Do you know the Clippers draft pick and cap situation?

Clips need to send cp3 to lakers for D'Lo and a signed sasha vujacic mitchell and ness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom