Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
 start over with what though? They have no draft picks and there is literally nothing that suggest that he's in decline
I will defend LAC keeping it together when folks just say "blow it up" for the sake of blowing it up.

What I can't digest is feeling good about giving CP3 250 million, or 2oo, whatever it is.

WHen was the last time he didn't miss 20+ games?

Blow it up to blow it up is one thing, but paying CP3 because you have no draft picks and he will stay, is something I don't think I could do.

I would move on from Redick and Jordan so I guess I would restructure, but not rebuild.

Blake and Chris Paul are still really good. Just injury prone which sucks, but yeah.
Who are the possible JJ replacements anyway AR has been playing well but as a starting 2 not too sure

I mean CP3 is 32 and hurt every year, Blake barely could dunk the other night. We running floppy like it's 2002 for JJ redick

I understand they don't have many options but they looked like they've peaked. They're looking the luxurious Hawks right now.

It should be finals or bust at this point.

I know one thing, if your name not Pop you shouldn't be coaching and running the front office.

That **** rarely works.

SVG, Bud, Doc, and Thibs all need to get GM's asap
Lol it rarely works but

1) Doc doesn't run the FO, maybe he does by name but Lawrence Frank does the heavy lifting

and

2) He hasn't been terrible. Drafts terribly, but Getting Luc, Felton, Speights, Cole Aldridch last year, all on minimum deals would have been praised had pop done it.

Like I said the clips have issues, but I don't know if I would really blame doc. Injuries and them choking / combusting have little to do with Doc.

I've made my stance on the Dippers pretty clear. But alas they waited too late.

That Hawks West analogy is too accurate, except even the Hawks made it to the conference finals.

Last edited:
Who are the possible JJ replacements anyway AR has been playing well but as a starting 2 not too sure
Right now it would be AR. Looks like he's becoming a really good shooter so he would be able to play off CP. Better off the bounce than JJ, better defender, decade younger almost.

The issue with this is that The clips are gonna make a play for melo this summer and AR will be included.

2011- 60 games

2012- 70 games

2013-  62 games

2014- 82 games

2015- 74 games

2016- 51 of 72games

THis would get worse based on Math.

[thread="654406"] [/thread]

start over with what though? They have no draft picks and there is literally nothing that suggest that he's in decline
I will defend LAC keeping it together when folks just say "blow it up" for the sake of blowing it up.

What I can't digest is feeling good about giving CP3 250 million, or 2oo, whatever it is.
WHen was the last time he didn't miss 20+ games?

Blow it up to blow it up is one thing, but paying CP3 because you have no draft picks and he will stay, is something I don't think I could do.

One of the problems teams have with expensive stars in the twilight of their career.. Can't necessarily expect to build long term around them,but you can't let them walk for FA for nothing, and when you attempt to trade, you get diminished returns

I mean CP3 is 32 and hurt every year, Blake barely could dunk the other night. We running floppy like it's 2002 for JJ redick

I understand they don't have many options but they looked like they've peaked. They're looking the luxurious Hawks right now.

While this is all true, it's the conundrum that they're in.

CP is still really good, and Blake is still really good. For all his faults, he's still at 21/8/5 on almost 50% from the field and making 3's at a more efficient clip than Draymond does right now.

Injuries you can't control, you just have to make a gamble and hope that at some point you get lucky on those. But those two are simply too good to blow it up and even if they wanted to, it's too late now, they're stuck with them.

I'm still confused about the clippers maxing cp. Would they not be bidding against themselves?
laugh.gif

I'm still confused about the clippers maxing cp. Would they not be bidding against themselves?

In other news..
Bruh..

This just illustrates even more the kind of genetic gifts that Dwight was blessed with.

That type of diet would and has ruined many other pro athletes and this ************ played his best years like that while damn near looking like a bodybuilder.

Why aren't we giving Paul a long-term deal?

PER of 26, so all of his boxscore numbers are still elite, offensive & defensive lineups featuring him still perform at a high level, and he's always been among the league's most skilled players so he's unlikely to fall off a cliff.

You 100% max him.

Too much logic b. :lol:

CP always been one of the most hated on here along with the Clippers as a whole, I don't even bother at this point.
:lol: I mean I'm legit trying to figure out how a pick and roll legend with an elite midrange, floater and 3 ball is gonna just fall off a cliff.

Stockton was still out here averaging a double double at 34.

Wade of last season was slower and less skilled than Paul and still mustered 19/4/4.

Bingo. Not just CP increasing his usage, but it would force Blake as well to be more of a focal point on offense. Both of them depend a lot on JJ's movement and I actually believe Redick to a degree has stunted blake's growth as a 1v1 player.
Interesting way to look at it. Can't say I disagree. Would've definitely tested the trade market for him though. Letting him walk for nothing hurts.

One of the problems teams have with expensive stars in the twilight of their career.. Can't necessarily expect to build long term around them,but you can't let them walk for FA for nothing, and when you attempt to trade, you get diminished returns
I'm not saying don't do it.

I just said I could see them not doing it.

I don't think I could do it.

As a fan looking in, I'd say you have to do it.

All arbitrary but if I really had to make the choice, I might spontaneously combust.

Last edited:
Interesting way to look at it. Can't say I disagree. Would've definitely tested the trade market for him though. Letting him walk for nothing hurts.
It hurts for sure but I genuinely think it would be addiction by subtraction with JJ. Should have moved on from him already but these decisions are tough.

That's where he should go, but alas.

Pretty much no superstars are leaving with the new CBA.

1 thing that I do wonder though, if you take a 1 year max deal with a new team, can you then re sign for the huge 5 year max with them?

Because if so, that would make sense for younger guys who wanna get out of a **** franchise.

CP0 should be getting the same flack Melo gets, but I'm schleep. If he really wants the best chance to win, he should leave Los Angeles.

Pretty much no superstars are leaving with the new CBA.

1 thing that I do wonder though, if you take a 1 year max deal with a new team, can you then re sign for the huge 5 year max with them?

Because if so, that would make sense for younger guys who wanna get out of a **** franchise.

Because it makes so much sense is exactly why it probably doesn't work like that :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom