Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol
Bruh..What? A turnover is a turnover. I really only asked you about tov% to see if you grasped what it was. Seems like you kinda don't, no offense. Tov% is about number of possessions not types of turnovers

Yeah, you still looking at simple box scores. We not gonna agree.

Last edited:
Yeah, you still looking at simple box scores. We not gonna agree.

:rofl:

There's nothing to agree or disagree on. Harden has a lower tov% because his TEAM has more possessions (and his team would have even more possessions if he didn't turn it over so much..). But that 1.9:1 ratio (and Magic's > 3:1) would theoretically stay consistent regardless of team possessions because it's about their individual performance.

TOV% is similarly the ratio of a player's TOV to his own team's possessions expressed as a percentage.

Aint got nothing to do with scoring/passing turnovers

Last edited:
:rofl:

There's nothing to agree or disagree on. Harden has a lower tov% because his TEAM has more possessions (and his team would have even more possessions if he didn't turn it over so much..). But that 1.9:1 ratio (and Magic's > 3:1) would theoretically stay consistent regardless of team possessions because it's about their individual performance.
Aint got nothing to do with scoring/passing turnovers

It's lower because of his FGA and FT attempts are much higher

They equalize everyone's possessions to 100 to account for pace. i.e the amount of possessions

Last edited:
It's lower because of his FGA and FT attempts are much higher

They equalize everyone's possessions to 100 to account for pace. i.e the amount of possessions

It sounds like you're describing turnovers per 100 possessions where Magic's worst is 5.6. Harden was at 5.9 last year and 7.6 this year

Last edited:
It sounds like you're describing turnovers per 100 possessions where Magic's worst is 5.6. Harden was at 5.9 last year and 7.6 this year

2 different stats. One accounts for scoring the other doesn't.

Turnover Percentage (available since the 1977-78 season in the NBA); the formula is 100 * TOV / (FGA + 0.44 * FTA + TOV). Turnover percentage is an estimate of turnovers per 100 plays.

Both are useful tho.

Last edited:
But why would I want to account for scoring when I'm trying to see who's the better passer? [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Magic>>>

Remember when Carmelo Anthony made the playoffs in each of his first 10 NBA seasons? He'll soon clinch season No. 4 in a row of missing them
glasses.gif

I trying to bring you into advanced stats but you resisting.

Advanced stats aren't really necessary tho. Magic assists more and turns it over less. It's like asking who's a better passer between magic and harden and saying harden is because he takes more shots and free throws.

If you ask me who's the better scorer it's harden, no argument. Better passer should be magic hands down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom