Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe is just a very, very strange guy. It makes sense that most of his fans are weirdos too.

Watched about 2:00 of a vid he produced that was on ESPN yesterday. I was SO confused that I had to turn the thing off. Made no sense.

Project only got greenlighted due to the name. Was absolute garbage.

Yeah, the Bizarro Dr. Seuss thing where he was talking to his Little Mamba and using the word musecage 50 times. :lol:

CP has come up short under pressure, but he's come through at big moments too. The same can be said about literally any great player in the NBA. Again the Clippers not being able to break through because of CP not coming through in the clutch or "Choking" is silly man.

CP has come up short under pressure, but he's come through at big moments too. The same can be said about literally any great player in the NBA. Again the Clippers not being able to break through because of CP not coming through in the clutch or "Choking" is silly man.

Nonsense, I make love to pressure.

add the 3 when talkin about that dude damnit.

They have elite players at two positions
Mbah um Bootay and JJ are far from elite

They're elite at their roles. Only reason they haven't been favored in the playoffs is because they underachieved in the regular season. Not really a valid excuse.

CPCheeks all but single handedly lost that fiasco in Dallas with a clutch turnover followed by a clutch airball to give the Mavs the lead and seal the game

Last edited:
Which specific great players are you referring to?

Guys like LeBron, Dirk, Magic, Kobe all responded to playoff failures with titles.

That's a little different from Chris Paul hitting game winners in the first round, and I love the guy.

You agreed to the counterclaim so I was wondering if you had actual proof to why you agreed but I guess not.

I can only provide a counterclaim when there is evidence to the main claim.

Guys like LeBron, Dirk, Magic, Kobe all responded to playoff failures with titles.

That's a little different from Chris Paul hitting game winners in the first round, and I love the guy.

Their TEAMS responded with titles.

2011 First round Hornets vs Lakers. Series tied up 1-1. Game was 51-42 Lakers at the half (still a manageable game). A win for the Hornets at home would be huge.

How does Chris Paul respond in the second half? 4 points on 1/3 FG, 2/3 FT, 5AST 1REB, 1TO, Hornets proceed to lose by 14. 3 of those assists were early in the third, and after that, he completely disappeared. 1 point in the fourth quarter. Dude was Nowhere to be seen.

He sure kept his efficiency up tho. Finished the game with 22/8/5 on 9-13 shooting, 1-3 from 3. Gotta make sure them stats look pretty so that his PER, TS%, and whatever other advanced metrics look good.

2011 First round Hornets vs Lakers. Series tied up 1-1. Game was 51-42 Lakers at the half (still a manageable game). A win for the Hornets at home would be huge.

How does Chris Paul respond in the second half? 4 points on 1/3 FG, 2/3 FT, 5AST 1REB, 1TO, Hornets proceed to lose by 14. 3 of those assists were early in the third, and after that, he completely disappeared. 1 point in the fourth quarter. Dude was Nowhere to be seen.

He sure kept his efficiency up tho. Finished the game with 22/8/5 on 9-13 shooting, 1-3 from 3. Gotta make sure them stats look pretty so that his PER, TS%, and whatever other advanced metrics look good.

Ahh....the example you post is the #2 seed, defending Champion Lakers....

Vs....

A 46 win 7th seeded hornets team. Things played out jownthey should've.

Last edited:

Let's look at Game 7 against Golden State

Or his game 4 performance against the Spurs

Or his game 2 performance against Memphis

Or his 2nd half performance in Game 6 against The Spurs

Or his game 7 performance against Those Same Spurs

Or his 4th quarter game 4 performance against the Thunder

Or his game 1 against OKC.

We can play this game the other way too

Last edited:

Their TEAMS responded with titles.
Spearheaded by the great play of their leaders in late game situations.

Chris Paul shot 2-7 in the fourth quarter of game 6 vs. the Rockets BENCH.

LIterally threw game 5 away vs. OKC.

Everyone 1-12 has to do their job, we can point to instances where he hasn't.

Ahh....the example you post is the #2 seed, defending Champion Lakers....

Vs....

A 46 win hornets team. Things played out jownthey should've.
How does that explain the 2011 Lebron like level of disappearance of CP3? Just one point in the fourth.

Pau was averaging 8 PPG in the series at that point. Kobe was Kobe, but his knees were shot that year. He guarded Paul for stetches ( most notably the majority of game 2) but for the second half, it was mostly Steve Blake and Derek Fisher. Bynum also mad a minor injury scare/bump that game and sat out a bit. Lakers were looking shaky. Perfect time for Paul to step up.

I just finished rewatching the game and was amazed CP3 wasn't more aggressive.

Damn, Portland and Denvers next games are vs each other too, first game vs since the swap/trade. 
pimp.gif

5 of the 8 west teams this year may not even win 50 games. That's wild.
Its a top heavy west that isnt very competitive come playoff time. Only 2 teams legit have a title chance in the West. No I dont want to make it sound like the East but lets not act like the

West is much different with a juggernaut at 1 seed and a powerhouse at the 2 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom