Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cp3 definitely whines too much i'll give you that. Falls into the same b**** category as Westbrook.

Last edited:
One of the few teams with continuity and the same star players for a handful of years. They should've had 1 finals appearance.
When were they ever the best team though?
Like even if they didn't choke vs Houston they weren't beating GSW
They weren't beating SA in 2014
etc....
and they had a good chance last year but everyone got injured.

2015 was the Clippers chance. GS hadn't learned how to win yet and they were up 3-1 at home. That series is going to haunt their franchise forever.

Ehhh idk about that. Thunder had more injuries and lack of help from their management. Russ or KD were always getting hurt at the worst times too.

Clippers had their injuries also, but they had much more experience and continuity with their core players. Clippers take the cake here.

Last edited:
I wont put the blame single handedly on anyone because they all somehow deserve it but give that Clippers roster for the last 4-5 years to a better coach and they'd get further.

Last edited:
Ehhh idk about that. Thunder had more injuries and lack of help from their management. Russ or KD were always getting hurt at the worst times too.

Clippers had their injuries also, but they had much more experience and continuity with their core players. Clippers take the cake here.
Russ and KD had been together since 08
CP3 didn't get to LA until 2012
plus the clippers bench was always trash
OKC had more than enough help so that isn't a valid excuse.

It's CP3's fault cause he's the supposed best PG of this generation, with a loaded squad and ain't even been out of the 2nd round. That's a joke. And he does actually hurt his team by worrying so much about his efficiency.

As for OKC, they went to the finals in 2012. Western conference finals 4 outta 6 years. That's not nearly the lane of futility the Clippers were/are in.

Last edited:
russ has choked more than cp3 lol
Why does this need to turn into that?.

I could say Kat can't guard anybody and you'd be like "OKC got stuck with Adams and his contract" or some shot at OKC etc
laugh.gif

I don't even think you notice you do it.

What'd I do to you B?

Last edited:
everyone ragging on the clippers but I can only think of one instance where they lost a series that they shouldn't have

So in actuality, the clippers were destined to be perennial losers. With elite players at every position. Makes sense

Last edited:
I wouldn't call the Clippers loaded at all.
They have two stars and a fringe all star level talent with a mediocre bench.
Kidd and GP never won anything until they got old.
Nash and Stockton never won anything period.
Outside of GSW, what was the last team that won with their point guard being their best player?

I wouldn't call the Clippers loaded at all.
They have two stars and a fringe all star level talent with a mediocre bench.
Kidd and GP never won anything until they got old.
Nash and Stockton never won anything period.
Outside of GSW, what was the last team that won with their point guard being their best player?

Golden State won with their PG as their best player.

Kidd, GP, Stockton all had multiple finals on their resume. Nash at the very least made the conference finals. This dude hasn't made it out of the 2nd round with arguably top 5 players at 2 different positions and at worst a top 10 guy at a 3rd. If he's as transcendent as y'all claim he is, can he at least get in the same zip code of these other guys?

Last edited:
Golden State won with their PG as their best player.

Kidd, GP, Stockton all had multiple finals on their resume. Nash at the very least made the conference finals. This dude hasn't made it out of the 2nd round with arguably top 5 players at 2 different positions and at worst a top 10 guy at a 3rd.
Kidd played in an extremely weak conference.
Deandre is only top 5 because Center is a weak position, he isn't even a top 25 player lol.
Other than Houston what second round series should they have won?

1. Doc Rivers is a good coach. Xs and Os wise....he's up there. He gets the game. His problem are rotations, and his sometimes archaic philosophy. The ***** will live and die with a Super 6th man led bench unit (when it's proven to be unsuccessful).....and until recent years....flat out REFUSED to stagger lineups. Going for wholesale substitutions was a no no. He used to do that. His rebounding philosophy is flawed as well. Developing young fringe talent and giving them a shot (other than his son) is a weakness as well. Great teams HIT on 2nd round/throw away players etc. Doc doesn't give them a chance. He plays it too safe, and only goes with what is familiar.

2. Doc rivers is a bad GM. Its well documented here how his personal moves have set the clips back.

3. Championships are damn hard to win. You said the Clippers should have "at least 1" chip. I disagree. Chips are won on the margins. You can't depend on your core 4....and a 6th man that disappears come playoff time to win. Clips got a taste of what "the margins" was like in 2015 with Austin Rivers explosion (their best shot)....but they didn't capitalize on it....and had some ridiculously bad luck (Cp3 getting injured in game 7 to the Spurs...and coming back hobbled for the next series). They STILL chocked in 2015 though. No excuses.

4. Seeding in the western conference.....is unbelievably important. The Clippers routinely have finished 3-5 in the Cp3 era. Largely due to injuries at the most importune time to Blake and Cp3.

2015 for example. They win 56 games and are a 3 seed....playing the defending champion Spurs (55 wins) in the first round. They win that series on a Cp3 game winner.

What stopped them from getting that 2 seed that year....they played in the pacific division the year the Warriors win 67 games. Rockets got the tie breaker for winning the division. A rule which the NBA scraps the following year. They don't get himecourt in the next round. Mind you....the clips likely win more than 56 games if Chris Paul plays the eintrie season (like he did last year)....Only to get hurt the game Blake Griffin comes back from injury :lol: :smh:. And then Blake gets injured again as well.

The team has choked (2015). But other than that...they've lost to teams they were supposed to lose to without himecourt in the Cp3 era.

The reality is...the Clippers have been the 4th best team in the Westerb Conference since 2011. Roster wise. Coaching wise. Bench wise. Record wise.

Once you actually get out that "western conference finals" or bust mentality...things are a lot clearer. They're a team that's capable and equipped to beat the better teams in their conference. That's been their ceiling. Things had to break right for the Clippers to really hit their ceiling. Everything that could go wrong for them....went wrong.

Jeanie Buss tells ESPN: "It's great that we were able to work this out so fast. We've resolved everything clearly and cleanly and now we can get back to work. Laker fans deserve success - and now we can focus again on bringing it to them.

"I'm also very happy that my sister Janie is becoming a Trustee of my family's Trust. I love her, I trust her and I'm excited to work alongside her."

Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka like Luke Walton right? They don't plan on going out and getting their own guy as HC do they?

It's still weird seeing a Kobe-less Laker team that's rebuilding. So weird.

Jeanie Buss tells ESPN: "It's great that we were able to work this out so fast. We've resolved everything clearly and cleanly and now we can get back to work. Laker fans deserve success - and now we can focus again on bringing it to them.

"I'm also very happy that my sister Janie is becoming a Trustee of my family's Trust. I love her, I trust her and I'm excited to work alongside her."
I'd cut Janie too.
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka like Luke Walton right? They don't plan on going out and getting their own guy as HC do they?

It's still weird seeing a Kobe-less Laker team that's rebuilding. So weird.
By all accounts, they fully back him as coach.

wavycrocket wavycrocket pretty much agree with most of what you said.

Although, If you're the 3-5 seed and are capable of beating any seed but the coach consistently fails to get you over the hump I gotta put more blame on Doc. They did have their fair share of bad luck though. To win a chip, luck definitely has to be on your side. But to not even have 1 finals or WCF appearance though :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom