Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my issues with Doc Rivers but he is NOT the reason LAC has underachieved or whatever you call it.

He was the head coach when we beat GSW, SAS, he was the head coach when we were about to go up 3-2 on OKC and were up 3-1 on Houston.

He's been the coach that up until this season, had us on avg at about 56 wins under him.

The issue with LAC to me has been largely injuries. And it's not so much the injuries in the playoffs, it's the injuries in the regular season. Call it what you want, but when you play in a conference w/The KD OKC, GSW, SAS, Houston, seeding matters. They've been able to win 50+ games year in and year out which makes it look like they're really good in the regular season, but the reality is that if you're not a top two seed you're w/o HC after round 1 and you don't win a lot of series in this western conference climate w/o homecourt.

They're winning 50+ games each season (They won't this year) while CP and / Or Blake have missed significant time EVERY SINGLE YEAR while Doc was the head coach. I'd like to think that, given that success rate, had they had one year of great health between those two, that they would have had a top 2 seed at least once and maybe this conversation is a bit difference. Is it LAC's fault for placing the franchise on two injury prone guys? Maybe, but that's the gamble you take.

You can say a lot about why LAC hasn't advanced, but their failure to break into the upper echelon of the conference record wise will be their ultimate demise, and injuries have everything to do with that.

@WavyCrocket pretty much agree with most of what you said.

Although, If you're the 3-5 seed and are capable of beating any seed but the coach consistently fails to get you over the hump I gotta put more blame on Doc. They did have their fair share of bad luck though. To win a chip, luck definitely has to be on your side. But to not even have 1 finals or WCF appearance though
mean.gif
It's not on Doc man. He has issues for sure. But for christ sake, Pop is like the best coach in the league and even he has blown championships, blown rotations, etc. ask Anti.

I don't think Doc has done enough to take the number 1 blame for what has happened to the Clippers.

Regular season injuries year in and year out to their BEST players are far more responsible for what has happened with LAC.

And I agree with EVERYTHING Wavy said, except that I don't think doc has been horrible as a gm, just average.

@WavyCrocket pretty much agree with most of what you said.

Although, If you're the 3-5 seed and are capable of beating any seed but the coach consistently fails to get you over the hump I gotta put more blame on Doc. They did have their fair share of bad luck though. To win a chip, luck definitely has to be on your side. But to not even have 1 finals or WCF appearance though
mean.gif
It's not on Doc man. He has issues for sure. But for christ sake, Pop is like the best coach in the league and even he has blown championships, blown rotations, etc. ask Anti.
bad comparison

bad comparison
Not really. There's only what, 5 or 6 coaches who've won an NBA championship. Doc and Pop are two of them.

Not to mention Doc "beat" pop when they went head up in the playoffs in 2015.

I'm not saying Doc Rivers is a better coach, what im saying is that no coach is perfect, and even the best (Pop) make Epic blunders.

I've had my issues with Doc Rivers but he is NOT the reason LAC has underachieved or whatever you call it.

He was the head coach when we beat GSW, SAS, he was the head coach when we were about to go up 3-2 on OKC and were up 3-1 on Houston.

He's been the coach that up until this season, had us on avg at about 56 wins under him.

The issue with LAC to me has been largely injuries. And it's not so much the injuries in the playoffs, it's the injuries in the regular season. Call it what you want, but when you play in a conference w/The KD OKC, GSW, SAS, Houston, seeding matters. They've been able to win 50+ games year in and year out which makes it look like they're really good in the regular season, but the reality is that if you're not a top two seed you're w/o HC after round 1 and you don't win a lot of series in this western conference climate w/o homecourt.

They're winning 50+ games each season (They won't this year) while CP and / Or Blake have missed significant time EVERY SINGLE YEAR while Doc was the head coach. I'd like to think that, given that success rate, had they had one year of great health between those two, that they would have had a top 2 seed at least once and maybe this conversation is a bit difference. Is it LAC's fault for placing the franchise on two injury prone guys? Maybe, but that's the gamble you take.

You can say a lot about why LAC hasn't advanced, but their failure to break into the upper echelon of the conference record wise will be their ultimate demise, and injuries have everything to do with that.

Well said.

Kobe is just a very, very strange guy. It makes sense that most of his fans are weirdos too.

Watched about 2:00 of a vid he produced that was on ESPN yesterday. I was SO confused that I had to turn the thing off. Made no sense.

Project only got greenlighted due to the name. Was absolute garbage.

im on mobile rn so i will provide the data later but this won't be hard at all to back this up lol. See example of dem blowing the 3-1 lead to rockets.
Just make sure you remember we are asking for examples of CP3 choking under pressure and not the Clippers team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom