Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else besides Magic and Bird, what superstar players changed positions in their primes?

Last edited:
I wouldn't say Harden do much changed positions as he was given more responsibility to be a playmaker and responded. He has been the primary ball handler since he got to Houston, but not nearly the ball stopper he was even going back up last season.

Kobe was Kobe Johnson for several stretches of his career as well.

Last edited:
conley is VASTLY underrated. i love his game. i wonder what would take him to the next level? What's his weakness?

untimely injuries to him (and gasol/zbo) have diminished the way he's viewed in comparison to other PGs. dude is a baller but no one on that memphis team can stay healthy when they're on the big stage.

also, it doesn't help that outside of him, gasol and an oft-injured old zbo, there's just not a lot of production. tony allen is andre roberson with a personality issue.

James ain't a PG....he's playing at a leagd guard position this year though. James is a PG only nominally right now. Moreso as a marketing tool by Dantoni and him.

I wouldn't say Harden do much changed positions as he was given more responsibility to be a playmaker and responded. He has been the primary ball handler since he got to Houston, but not nearly the ball stopper he was even going back up last season.

Kobe was Kobe Johnson for several stretches of his career as well.

Pretty much this.

C8gqBW0XcAQLYeZ.jpg

I was just about to come in here and talk about how Conley been ballin out. :pimp:

Team seems to be sleeping through the rest of the season, but Conley even surpassed my expectations this year.

17th overall in TPA
#8 in PER amongst PG
1 or 12 players averaging 20ppg+ with a 59% TS or better
12th in OPA

Marc just resting up BTW, I don't think he's really hurt.

/ Grizz post

Random but in honor of opening day, Harden and Lebron have the best fastballs in the league.

Don't even know if they're called fastballs but yeah

In a traditional sense Curry and Westbrook aren't PGs either. They're all combo guards (Dame, IT2, Myrie, Kemba, etc.) Their first instinct is to score but what separates Steph, Russ, and James is their ability to create for others as well while still being elite scorers. Wall is trending towards that now but before he was like CP0 who would rather pass than score.

In today's league you kind of have to have that elite combo guard to even compete, or a dynamic wing (Bron, Kawhi, KD). No coincidence the best teams have both.

Last edited:
Yeah I think it was Bill Simmons or another podcast where he has a theory on why there's so many great combo PGs nowadays and there's no signs of stopping.

In youth bball, since the point guard has possession of the ball a majority of the time, parents naturally push their kids to be point guards. Even if their body is more suited for a diff position,,, the emphasis on traditional point guard abilities like handles and passing are instilled in them at a young age

Yes! Hopefully that means he's going to play the rest of the season. Can't have them sitting out that Laker game for tank purposes.

I was just about to come in here and talk about how Conley been ballin out. :pimp:

Team seems to be sleeping through the rest of the season, but Conley even surpassed my expectations this year.

17th overall in TPA
#8 in PER amongst PG
1 or 12 players averaging 20ppg+ with a 59% TS or better
12th in OPA

Marc just resting up BTW, I don't think he's really hurt.

/ Grizz post

FOH

If the East / West discrepancy in the NBA is cyclical, than this has been a really long cycle. This will be the 17th time int he last 17 seasons that the western conference has had a better record than the eastern conference. Last season, it looked like the east had made some progress, winning 48% of the games played between the conferences, up from 42% in 2014-2015 and 37% in 2013-2014

But this year,t he east has won just 45% of interconference games. And with 10 days left in the regular season, the east is in danger of having THREE PLAYOFF TEAMS UNDER . 500. The west meanwhile, could have all eight playoff teams over .500 after the 8 seed was well under for most of the season.

The west not only has the teams with the three best reocrds, but it has the better depth in its playoff field. In fact, only one east team that's currently in the playoff position has a winning record against the top eight teams in the west. That's the bucks, who at 8-7, play the OKC Thunder tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom