Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Word? What makes you say that?
The Clippers dominate Utah. They've won 19 of their last 21 contest and took 3 of 4 from them this season. The only game Utah won this year against the Clippers they had to shoot an insane percentage from 3.

The games the Clippers beat Utah weren't close either. Utah can't score against the Clippers.

Things could change and the playoffs are a different animal, but based on the way the Clippers are playing right now and really the way they've flat out dominated Utah suggest that the Clippers will for sure win the series, in either 5 or 6 IMO.

The Clipper fan in me is always assuming that some sort of epic collapse or injury is going to happen to us.

But the basketball fan in me says the Clippers should handle Utah. I just don't see it. You lose 19 of 21, 3 of 4 this year, but somehow you're going to take 4 out of 7 without homecourt?

I mean it could happen after all it is the clippers, but smart money would be on the clippers here.

LAC should most definitely be favored to win against Utah. If they do it in 4 or 5 games I'll be super impressed 

SLC probably been counting down the days for another playoff appearance. Can't wait to see how loud they get

LAC should most definitely be favored to win against Utah. If they do it in 4 or 5 games I'll be super impressed 

SLC probably been counting down the days for another playoff appearance. Can't wait to see how loud they get
Only thing that's got me on whether it's 5 or 6. Utah's homecourt is legit in the reg season, can already imagine how it's going to be come playoff time.

Ideally, I hope we take the first two at home and split games 3 and 4.

I feel like Shoe is setting himself up for the summer jam screen again.

I feel like Shoe is setting himself up for the summer jam screen again.
It is what it is lol it's happened before.

But i'm not even guaranteeing the Clippers are going to beat the Jazz.

All i'm saying is, is that if I told you team x, who had beaten team y 19 out of their last 21 contest, including 3 of 4 this season, you would pick team x to beat team y in a playoff series, would you not?

How can you summer jam someone for making a logical pick before the series begins lol

It is what it is lol it's happened before.

But i'm not even guaranteeing the Clippers are going to beat the Jazz.

All i'm saying is, is that if I told you team x, who had beaten team y 19 out of their last 21 contest, including 3 of 4 this season, you would pick team x to beat team y in a playoff series, would you not?

How can you summer jam someone for making a logical pick before the series begins lol
I remember this type of bravado and logic before that Houston series too. I don't think the Clippers are a ovewhelming matchup for the Jazz (when healthy) at all. I think the series goes 6 minimum. The specter of Blake disappearing and DJ having to be in the game in the 4th quarter being a liability is still looming very large. 

Last edited:

I remember this type of bravado and logic before that Houston series too. I don't think the Clippers are a ovewhelming matchup for the Jazz (when healthy) at all. I think the series goes 6 minimum. 
Right and what happened with houston?

They got up 3-1 and it took literally a catastrophic collapse for me to be wrong. That could happen again, but if im picking who's going to win the series, i'm picking based on how they've looked against each other in the regular season(s) and see what happens.

I mean it's black and white in that the Clips and I lost on that houston bet, but it's not like me, and everyone else in that thread wasn't crowning the clips going into game 6 either. It was a sound pick that literally was a quarter away from coming into fruition. But suh it go with sports when you pick
laugh.gif
you're either the pigeon or the statue.

I will take Utah for $150.

Let's get it.  (if LAC doesn't close in 5 but win the series you lose half, if they don't close in 6 but win you lose all)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom