Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to believe that Westbrook couldn't dunk til 12th grade and then less than a year later the dude was flying at UCLA.
He had a late growth spurt, was a 5'11 junior. Ben Howland mentions it in this video but I have seen one where he talks about it himself, I think Ballislife did one with high school highlights of his. IIRC he said his firs dunk was a putback in one of those pep rally high school games

Last edited:
Have you ever seen the Clippers when they play the Warriors? It's not pretty.

They won by double digits every time this year and one of the games was 144-98 :lol:

Clippers still match up well with them, better than Houston IMO.
It didn't help.

Kawhi didn't do so well either, and Russ keeps having moments. 1+1=2 bruh
Westbrook isn't winning.

The Clippers have always matched up with everyone. Their issue is between the ears, and you can't quantify that. No stat exists for that.

Especially against GSW, Mentally, something goes awry when LA has to play that team.

Last edited:
Brad Beal

77 GP
35 MPG
48% shooting
40% from 3
83% FT
26% usage
117 ORtg
20 PER

:x

2gxiw6q.png

JUST. HAS. TO. STAY. HEALTHY.

Giannis Antetokounmpo will become the first player in NBA history to finish top 20 in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks.
in a year of stats i'm surprised this hasnt really been discussed national tv, at least that i've heard...local bucks telecasts been on this for month or so

incredible accomplishment but the fact he's only 22 doesn't even make sense

i checked the stats again, he's top 15 in everything but assists (t-18th)...maybe that's next year 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
NBA Playoff Picture: Standings, scenarios, matchups as Celtics reclaim No. 1 in East
By Matt Moore 8h ago • 8 min read

The NBA playoffs begin in a few days. The races are tightening, the seeds are being sorted out, the picture is slowly becoming clear. With that, here’s a look at the current playoff picture, and what to know about each team that’s in, or in the running for a spot.
MORE NBA
Scoreboard
Schedule
Standings
Some quick notes:
Golden State locked the No. 1 seed and home court throughout the playoffs. Most of the West is locked.
The following series are locked in the Western Conference: (2) Spurs vs. (7) Grizzlies, (3) Rockets vs. (6) Thunder, (4/5) Jazz vs. (5/4) Clippers (home court TBD), (1) Golden State vs. (8) Portland.
The Clippers and Jazz won Monday, so home court will go down to Wednesday night. A Clippers win or Jazz loss secures home court for L.A.
The Raptors and Wizards are locked as the Nos. 3 and 4 in the Eastern Conference.
The Cavaliers, in profoundly silly style, lost twice to Atlanta over the weekend and after resting players vs. Miami, now are one game back of the No. 1 seed.
Boston controls its destiny for the top seed. Win, and the Celtics have home court throughout the East. They also get the first seed with a Cavs loss.
The Eastern Conference ... is where things go nuts.
Eastern Conference scenarios
No. 1 vs. No. 2 seed
If the Cavs win and Boston loses: The Cavs are the first seed.
If the Cavs win and Boston wins: The Celtics are the first seed.
If the Cavs lose: The Celtics are the first seed.
No. 3 seed goes to the Raptors (locked)
No. 4 seed goes to the Wizards (locked).

Nos. 5, 6 and 7
So Atlanta can’t fall further than seventh. The Hawks have the tiebreaker over the Bucks, and play the Pacers in the final game Wednesday, series tied 2-2. Here are their scenarios. Their magic number for the fifth seed is one.
If Atlanta goes 2-0: Atlanta is the fifth seed.
If Atlanta goes 1-1: Atlanta is the fifth seed.
If Atlanta goes 0-2 and the Bucks lose: Atlanta is the fifth seed.
If Atlanta goes 0-2 Bucks win: Bucks are the fifth seed, Atlanta is the seventh seed.
The Bucks can’t fall further than sixth, thanks to a tiebreaker over Indiana. Their scenarios:
If Atlanta goes 2-0: Milwaukee is the sixth seed.
If Atlanta goes 1-1: Milwaukee is the sixth seed.
If Atlanta goes 0-2 and the Bucks lose: The Bucks are the sixth seed.
If Atlanta goes 0-2 and the Bucks win: The Bucks are the fifth seed.
The Pacers can finish as high as sixth and as low as eighth. If they want to finish sixth, they need a Hawks loss to Charlotte on Tuesday. Their scenarios if they beat Atlanta:

If the Hawks win one game and the Pacers win: The Pacers are the seventh seed.
If the Hawks lose both games, the Bucks win, and the Pacers win: The Pacers are the sixth seed.
If the Hawks lose both games, and the Bucks lose: The Pacers are the seventh seed by virtue of a 3-way tie.
Nos. 7 and 8
Now, if the Pacers lose, things go bonkers. The Heat and Bulls both have tiebreakers, and both win three-way ties. Here are the scenarios:
If Pacers win, Bulls win, Heat win, Pacers 6/7, Bulls 8, Heat out.
If Pacers win, Bulls win, Heat lose, Pacers 6/7, Bulls 8, Heat out.
If Pacers win, Bulls lose, Heat lose, Pacers 6/7, Bulls 8, Heat out
If Pacers win, Bulls lose, Heat win, Pacers 6/7, Heat 8, Bulls out.
If Pacers lose, Bulls win, Heat win, Bulls 7, Heat 8, Pacers out.
If Pacers lose, Bulls lose, Heat win, Heat 7, Pacers 8, Bulls out.
if Pacers lose, Bulls lose, Heat lose, it’s Pacers 7, Bulls 8, Heat out.
If Pacers lose, Bulls win, Heat lose, It’s Bulls 7, Pacers 8, Heat out.

I mean harden is an elite talent and one of the best players in the league

Players are giving props to Westbrook because he's doing something that's only been done once 50+ years ago? No ones come close

And he just passed total triple double in a season so I mean..
Soooooo was that a yes or no?

A no?

You're clearly a troll since there's a reason people are praising and congratulating Westbrook.

Harden is having a good season too but he not break a triple double record.. no ones putting him down when half the people have him as MVP

Clippers should beat Utah but I'm expecting CP3 and Blake to die on the court in game 5, up 3-1.

Clippers just took James St. Pierre's MVP.

#NotOurMVP
So a game the rockets are resting players and Bobby Brown, Troy Williams, Isaiah Taylor are all playing big minutes, is the game Harden lost the MVP?
Never stop living in the moment NT

I think Harden should win but if you don't think Russ hitting game winners and breaking the record in the last week of the season while James St. Pierre has an awful night isn't gonna influence voters' decisions...

Keep being delusional, Rockets fans. JSP would have been better off resting but he's horny for that MVP and it backfired.

Last edited:
Yup. Harden and Kawhi don't have any signature games over the last two weeks and Westbrook has like 4, albeit all against lottery teams but that means little in terms of driving the narrative.

I want Miami to get that 8th spot over Chicago.
Ehhh, I don't know.

On one hand I do, and on other other hand I don't.

I think Chicago has actually beaten the cavs twice this year? May not mean much come playoff time but the few times they've looked good this year has included playing the cavs.

I have OKC and Houston going 7 games. Russell Westbrook will indefinitely seal his MVP season with a tough fought series.

I have Jazz in 6 against LAC. Clippers are fake gold. All that talent but can't defend or score on the elite teams. The Jazz aren't necessarily "elite" but defensively they can shut down any schemes LAC runs. Jamal isn't gonna have a great series against Utah. Blake will be contained for the most part. I can only see chris Paul really go crazy on Utah. Other than that. Rudy will neutralize DeAndre. Jazz in 6, y'all.

The Bulls actually swept the Cavs this year.

It would be hilarious to see everyone cite that as if it matters.

those western conference series are gonna be good minus the warriors series

the spurs might end up getting eliminated by the grizz

the east on the other hand will probably be total cans of trash especially if the bulls or pacers get in

i kinda want celtics to lose tomorrow that way it wont look so pathetic when the cavs wash them as the mumber 1 seed

im sure they want to lose as well lol

Last edited:
also i think the thunder have much better chance to beat the rockets then yall think.

the vocal point wont be to get westbrook triple doubles anymore or atleast i hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom