Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No they're not. At worst they're done after this season. And they actually could decline the options.

I was half trolling but think about it. Those contracts are gonna keep them from adding a lowry and the reason they're gonna lose Simmons and Patty. Spurs window is right now. Moz/Deng don't interfere with adding a Paul George next year and worst case they could be stretched. In a relative sense, those k's are worse for their team than the Lakers k's

They can keep Simmons he's a RFA. And go after a free agent next summer. They can always get rid of LMA for additional cap relief or in a deal to acquire somebody else.

Well besides Simmons you didn't refute anything I said. Patty and Lowry adios. Replace lma with Moz/Deng and the Lakers could do the same. I don't think teams are that thirsty to trade for Aldridge

Well besides Simmons you didn't refute anything I said. Patty and Lowry adios. Replace lma with Moz/Deng and the Lakers could do the same. I don't think teams are that thirsty to trade for Aldridge

PHX would take him in a heartbeat. Any Spurs fan would tell you next year was going to be a wash regardless. Summer of 2018 is when they can reload.

And I refuted your point with the simple fact that Pau and Lee can decline their player options and make all your bloviating moot.

Last edited:
So the same case as the Lakers then?

Pau gonna get a better contract/team than sas? Lee? Doubtful they decline those options

Last edited:
Lakers could sign a max this season regardless of those contracts. Spurs can't. They're on the books until they aren't on the books. You're really pinning your hopes on two washed mid 30s vets to turn down contracts on a wcf team to roll the dice in free agency. When does that ever happen

Last edited:
Pau Gasol just opted out from Chicago last season right? You can opt out and resign for less, it's how the Spurs have done business the last decade. Convincing vets to take less to stay in contention. Now it's out of the realm of possibility?

And this over Kyle Lowry who never shows up in the playoffs? Blessing in disguise anyway.

They can get George Hill for half the money and it would literally not take much at all you make room for him.

Last edited:
You're hella reaching :lol:. When none of that happens I'll be here to rub it in your face. And again the Lakers don't need any of those unlikely scenarios to play out in order to sign a max so..

Last edited:
Pau and David aren't declining their player options they'd be dumb to do so.

Spurs just can't come close monetarily to get a CP or Kyle.

They shouldn't tbh, but the Spurs have done it before. CP0 and Lowry are both bad fits anyway. Hill and Teague would be better options anyway.

They shouldn't tbh, but the Spurs have done it before. CP0 and Lowry are both bad fits anyway. Hill and Teague would be better options anyway.

Don't feel like looking back in the thread but how would the spurs be able to afford Hill? He getting at least 20 per year.

No to lowry because he sucks in the playoffs but teague is a better option :lol:. You can't make this stuff up

Last edited:
You're hella reaching :lol:. When none of that happens I'll be here to rub it in your face. And again the Lakers don't need any of those unlikely scenarios to play out in order to sign a max so..

You keep talking about Gordon Hayward correct? His max deal starts at 30.6 million. Lakers have about 25 mil in cap space now with the #2 and #28 picks. So we actually don't have space for a max deal thanks to Deng and Moz.

Last edited:

Yep. And if they decline their options, the spurs would have to renounce their cap holds. They would be left with only room exceptions to resign them. This is if they're planning on signing a FA with the money they saved.

You keep talking about Gordon Hayward correct? His max deal starts at 30.6 million. Lakers have about 25 mil in cap space now with the #2 and #28 picks. So we actually don't have space for a max deal thanks to Deng and Moz.

Trade 28, stretch Deng. Much more realistic. If magic is God like you say he is then Hayward won't be able to turn him down

Last edited:
Utah has no choice but to pay him. They gonna regret that deal tho. Never max out 30 year old guards

I think they'll wait until Hayward makes his decision before deciding. There's younger and cheaper options they could go with. If Gordon goes to Boston, then you have to build around Rudy and that makes giving Hill a bag more tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom