Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Pierce, from the bench.
laugh.gif

5bd45e15-64b6-44d6-95c7-8c8ea23990c8.jpg

Last edited:

Rubio out indefinitely.

Man dude needs to drink some Milk. 

Thibs stuck with a Rookie PG
Good. Why delay the inevitable? Now the guy they used a top 5 pick on to be their point guard of the future can get thrown into the fire and develop with the rest of the young core.

For BKY to look so bad on paper they've held their own.

Chicago made them look like the bad team they are supposed to be.

Is Chicago for real?
I have them #7 in my predictions (I think)

PHX goofed drafting Bender.

Nothing to do with him as a player, but I just think drafting him and Chriss was a bit redundant. I just don't see any long term scenario where they can pair the two.

I would have grabbed Chriss at 4 and moved the #8 pick.

Is Chicago for real?
I think people put way too much of an emphasis on three point shooting and forgot that they had 3 talented hi-bball IQ guys. They are meshing very well very quick (which was unexpected). I don't think they shoot at this rate all year, but I do think that they will be better at shooting then people think because they're generating good looks. Also, I think the rebounding is (somewhat) sustainable. They have like 8 guys who can rebound well. That will keep them in games they are not supposed to be in. In conclusion, I think it's too early to tell but there are some great signs with this team such as the moving the ball movement, rebounding, and chemistry. (imo those things are here to stay)

Last edited:
Only person worth their contracts from yesterday is Rudy Robert. He's the future, so far from what i've seen. Steven Adams isn't worth $100 mil. Oladipo isn't worth a $84 mil.

Only person worth their contracts from yesterday is Rudy Robert. He's the future, so far from what i've seen. Steven Adams isn't worth $100 mil. Oladipo isn't worth a $84 mil.

Oladipo certainly ain't worth it. Adams is nice, but I think he's overrated slightly. He's a good player, but he's so hyped up. We'll see how he does in a full season with just Westbrook running the show.

Is Chicago for real?

I think people put way too much of an emphasis on three point shooting and forgot that they had 3 talented hi-bball IQ guys. They are meshing very well very quick (which was unexpected). I don't think they shoot at this rate all year, but I do think that they will be better at shooting then people think because they're generating good looks. Also, I think the rebounding is (somewhat) sustainable. They have like 8 guys who can rebound well. That will keep them in games they are not supposed to be in. In conclusion, I think it's too early to tell but there are some great signs with this team such as the moving the ball movement, rebounding, and chemistry. (imo those things are here to stay)
I agree.
People also think it's impossible to have any kind of success eith Rondo because of ball dominance, then combo that with Wade and ball dominance and Butler with ball dominance it didn't look good "on paper".

Three "high IQ" guys but also, two Champions in Wade/Rondo. 3Wade is still one of the coldest out there when he wants to be. Lopez gets no love either.

There is also a lot of emphasis or importance put on outside shooting or just shooting in general here in this thread.

Last edited:
I like what I'm seeing from the Bulls. I liked that game against the Celtics. They have good veterans, which can overcome some deficiencies in the "new" NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom