Official 2016-2017 NBA Season Thread - NBA rules Chris Bosh has a career ending injury

Who is the MVP?

• Russell Westbrook

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kawhi Leonard

• James Harden

• Lebron James

• Kevin Durant

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure LeBron just doesn't give much of a damn, if any about the Giannis/Bucks on a Monday night in November.

You might be right.

But that's why I want to see a playoff match up between them. Giannis got nothing to lose going up against Bron. 21 yr old upstart with no experience. But I can see Bron wanting to save face as much as possible...

We'll see.

Last edited:
AD needs to leave ASAP. Is he the worst case of "great talent on a bad team" ever?

Bron cavs pre-decision

AI in philly

Barkley in philly

KG Minnesota

Maybe boogie in sac?

Who else?

I feel like this idea of "bad teams" gets overstated a bit. Fortune can change at any time. There's a small handful of franchises that perpetually compete every year. The rest of them play a game of musical chairs of "who's bad and who's good".

Warrior fans were wearing bags over their heads to games not that long ago.

I see what you're saying. I just meant like individual talent on teams during certain years and not so much organizations as a whole.

Like paul pierce had some atrocious teammates for a long time. Dominique Wilkins too. Tmac with the magic. I wonder what the worst talent a perennial all-star was surrounded with for, say a 5 year stretch. Or maybe even their career.

My point is that compared to some of the other players mentioned, more likely than not, AD will prove to have the worst talent surrounding him when it's all said and done.

Hopefully 22 yr old Giannis fares a bit bette than 22 yr old Rose vs Bron in the postseason.

I see what you're saying. I just meant like individual talent on teams during certain years and not so much organizations as a whole.

Like paul pierce had some atrocious teammates for a long time. Dominique Wilkins too. Tmac with the magic. I wonder what the worst talent a perennial all-star was surrounded with for, say a 5 year stretch. Or maybe even their career.

My point is that compared to some of the other players mentioned, more likely than not, AD will prove to have the worst talent surrounding him when it's all said and done.
Honestly the guys with all-star talent who really get stuck on bad teams the whole time get quickly forgotten.  Shareef Abdur-Rahim comes to mind.

AD needs to leave ASAP. Is he the worst case of "great talent on a bad team" ever?

Bron cavs pre-decision

AI in philly

Barkley in philly

KG Minnesota

Maybe boogie in sac?

Who else?

I feel like this idea of "bad teams" gets overstated a bit. Fortune can change at any time. There's a small handful of franchises that perpetually compete every year. The rest of them play a game of musical chairs of "who's bad and who's good".

Warrior fans were wearing bags over their heads to games not that long ago.
Yup ...the Pels need to get healthy and add a piece or 2, I wouldn't say they are an overall bad team like the sixers have been ...just by jrue coming back n putting Frazier on the bench where he belongs, the team is wayy better ...they still got a couple guys they waiting on to return from injury so they can even be a lil bit better

The main problem with the pelicans is they moves they made has their ceiling at like a 7-8th seed , but if they got their whole squad tougher def not a bad team

Last edited:
Yup ...the Pels need to get healthy and add a piece or 2, I wouldn't say they are an overall bad team like the sixers have been ...just by jrue coming back n putting Frazier on the bench where he belongs, the team is wayy better ...they still got a couple guys they waiting on to return from injury so they can even be a lil bit better
Not only this but AD is only 23 in his 5th year. Their win total increased in each of his first three years with making the playoffs in that third year. Then he plays 60 games last year, Eric Gordon ($50 Million) plays 45 games, Jrue Holiday ($40 million) plays 60 games, and Tyreke Evans ($44 million) plays 25.

That's over $250 Million of your payroll missing significant time. That's just bad luck. People act like the Pelicans are purposely putting AD on the floor with guys like Tim Frazier, Galloway, etc. He can't stay on the floor and neither can the core they put around him.

Last edited:
NO has been killed by injuries but they've still made bad moves.

Asik deal is one of the worst, trading Noel for Holiday, signing Solomon Hill, drafting Buddy over Murray.

I love Reke but he's flawed as a player and doesn't move the needle between W's and L's, he's also coming off a lot of knee problems.

Getting Frazier and Terrence Jones was a step in the right direction but you can't say NO has put good talent around AD.

Too early to put buddy over Murray in the bad moves category ...and tyreke ain't winning games by himself but him , AD n jrue on the court that's at least 40 wins with AD good for an extra 5 or 6 probly by himself ...the team absolutely misses Evans when he's hurt ( which has been too often lately )

Not only this but AD is only 23 in his 5th year. Their win total increased in each of his first three years with making the playoffs in that third year.

AD kindaa reminds me LeBron here in the sense he was so good so quick that it was harder to pair him with anyone via the draft. Two 6th's is better than anything LeBron ever had but all they've had to show for it was Jrue and Buddy. Buddy could pan out who knows.

But there wasn't that year directly after where directly after his rookie season where they could get another guy. Unlike KD or Wiggins or Giannis ect. who instantly got paired with another star to grow with.

Last edited:
Meanwhile Eric Gordon cares about playing basketball again

Bruh, I spent five years sayinG #FreeEJ and was ridiculed. Having his best season since LA. He begged N.O. To not match the Phoenix offer sheet and they went ahead and did it anyway.

Eric Gordon has been so legit this season. Perfect fit for him. I wouldn't necessarily say he couldn't be a candidate for mip too.

:smh: houston stole gordon from us. could really use him right now

he's playing about the same as last season, though. nothing really changed, but he's been healthy thus far.

Last edited:
CyieVwjXUAoBEW1.jpg

I need receipts pulled on all the Alphabet slander from the past few years
Well here's some of it
Originally Posted by sea manup

greek freak in the running for NT's most overrated nba player of the decade

sure he could be a better basketball player than batum, but i doubt he will be

very very few players go from struggling to score 15 points while playing 28 minutes a game to an allstar level player

Still going to be an average player though

he will make one play and people go OMG potential! future allstar! much wow! 

he gets empty stats on a garbage team in the east, calm down people 

Told y'all a while back, Greek and Wiggins are going to be average at best

giannis is a bum

acting like he's the next big thing after looking at a picture of his hands

most overrated young player in the league

nt loves to overrate guys like giannis because he would make one play every couple games

Can someone post giannis second half stats so that we can fan boy over them?
He's really not that good

100% the truth

for how much people overhype giannis around here getting the more experienced version for 20 mil is a bargain
Man am I glad that guy's gone. Ultimate Negative Nancy who hated every player in the league.

I never had anything against sea manup

He was usually on my side of the argument in every thread except the NBA thread :lol:

The only thing I didn't like was that he never repped me even though we agree on the same things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom