Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

^Yeah but you couldn't tell that the first couple rounds. Gamboa was beating him to the punch and looked much sharper early. Crawford did what he always does and made some adjustments then proceeded to take over.

Crawford's ability to switch from orthodox to southpaw so easily is what makes him dangerous though. Gamboa was beating him to the punch UNTIL he switched to southpaw. He basically took the fight after that.

Bud did himself a disservice even though it was a dominant performance. People were not happy that this was on PPV and the dullness of the fight left much to be desired. I'm not saying he should've opened up completely, but at times he should've put his foot on the gas more. Good luck selling another Crawford PPV unless it's against Broner or Pacquiao.

Last edited:
I always hate the use of the statement "Gamboa hurt Crawford" to discredit Crawford. While Gamboa is small, let's not act like he doesn't have any power. & on the flipside, the bigger guy, Postol, didn't hurt Crawford this fight. Mind you, Postol came off of a KO victory of Matthysse. Different styles produce different outcomes.

Last edited:
I always hate the us of the statement "Gamboa hurt Crawford" to discredit Crawford. While Gamboa is small, let's not act like he doesn't have any power. & on the flipside, the bigger guy, Postol, didn't hurt Crawford this fight. Mind you, Postol came off of a KO victory of Matthysse. Different styles produce different outcomes.

And Crawford was draining himself to make 135.

I always hate the us of the statement "Gamboa hurt Crawford" to discredit Crawford. While Gamboa is small, let's not act like he doesn't have any power. & on the flipside, the bigger guy, Postol, didn't hurt Crawford this fight. Mind you, Postol came off of a KO victory of Matthysse. Different styles produce different outcomes.
And Crawford was draining himself to make 135.
Another good point. If anything, that fight should be viewed as extremely impressive if you take in to account all the adversity he had to face to win that fight. Crawford was losing the first 4 rounds starting it off.

Cant wait till swift gets a L. It doesnt even have to be a KO, just wana hear what his dad would say and the confused look on swifts face.

I heard Lamont Peterson and Errol Spence gave Mayweather that work in sparring too. I don't think there
^
Good article fam.

Have the PPV numbers been released for the Crawford vs Postol fight?

The rumour is that it did 50K. I doubt we will ever see an official release of the numbers since we all know that it bombed.

That's on Average 1000 per state. :x

Back
Top Bottom