OFFICIAL 2016 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Saw on my IG feed a friend of mine put his leagues draft board up. David Johnson went #1 overall :wow:
Meh, I can see that. No real clear cut number 1. PPR he's probably the top RB, hell nonPPR there's an argument for him being the top RB.

No.
Let the draft board developme and come to you.
BPA.
Putting yourself in a bubble of only going RB/RB or 0 RB is just a bad strategy imo.
Agreed, draft for value when someone slips.

Lamar Miller is going to beast.
He's been a monster for 3 years.

If I had the number 1 pick, I would pick him. That's how confident I am in how he will be this season.

But I need that on the hush so he drops to me in the second in one of my leagues.
Sigh, would love that. Had him last year in most leagues, but being from Houston and most of the people in the league from Houston, Hopkins and Miller are always sniped high. Gonna have to reach to get them.

At 6 would you guys take nuk or David johnson?

Standard scoring.
Love Nuk, but hard to see him beating out his numbers last year. Great player, new QB, but was force fed the ball at a crazy amount. That being said, at #6, I feel there may be other WR's I'd take ahead (AB, Julio, ODB, with an argument for ARob, Dez, AJ), but you can't go wrong with David Johnson at #6 IMO.

Same. I have the tenth pick in my tuesday draft. gonna grab en elite wr and try to maybe grab miller next round
Sounds like a great plan and my ideal plan if possible. Depending on the number of teams, Miller may be gone by then though, might want to flip flop it or just play it as it goes.

Got my first draft position for one of my leagues over the weekend. #10 out of 12 :smh:. Gonna mock all day in work today from that slot :lol:.

A lot of you seem to be making more than you should of preseason. Take it easy with preseason. When guys like Beanie Wells did great in preseason everybody thought he was going to be the next Hall of Famer. Take a deep breath and wait till after preseason game 3 and see who's healthy and see who is playing well by then

More of recent example would be Markus Wheaton last year had a great pre-season. Would you have him in your lineup during the season last year?

Last edited:
In a two keeper 0.5 PPR league my keepers are Julio and Gurley...if I get the #1 or 2 pick would you guys trade it for Lamar Miller if his owner that's keeping him would do it? Top available guys would probably be Hopkins, Elliot, Alshon, Mike Evans, Mark Ingram, McCoy and B-Marsh.

Last edited:
A lot of you seem to be making more than you should of preseason. Take it easy with preseason. When guys like Beanie Wells did great in preseason everybody thought he was going to be the next Hall of Famer. Take a deep breath and wait till after preseason game 3 and see who's healthy and see who is playing well by then
Agreed, but some gems do rise from the preseason. It's worth monitoring but don't put much weight into it. Off the top of my head the last preseason darling to produce in real games was Alfred Morris.

Victor Cruz is the top guy I remember watching during preseason when he was just some random single digit number wearing undrafted free agent. He made some plays that just jumped off the screen and the rest was history.

#2 Pick, Yahoo Standard, 12 Teamer, No PPR - 2RB, 3WR

If AB slips, I'm in on him at #2. If not, who would you go? (AP- age/wear, Gurley - Rams Redzone concerns, ODB -Meh) - Thinking about reaching for Jones, but also maybe Johnson/Gurley.
TBH I would kind of prefer to be in the 8-10 area and hopefully snag Lamar Miller and a Low end WR1 (or Gronk depending how the draft is going).

Also, if you were #2 would you trade for the #5 pick? In that area, I could just get whoever falls - AB, Julio, Gurley, AP, Johnson, ODB.

What do you get if you trade back?

I am looking for a trade back as well unless someone drops.

In a two keeper 0.5 PPR league my keepers are Julio and Gurley...if I get the #1 or 2 pick would you guys trade it for Lamar Miller if his owner that's keeping him would do it? Top available guys would probably be Hopkins, Elliot, Alshon, Mike Evans, Mark Ingram, McCoy and B-Marsh.

Tough... keeper league you could gamble on Elliot or take Hop, possibly Evans.
I'd rather have Miller or Elliot. Mind you I wouldn't take him in the first in any other kind of draft other than a keeper league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough... keeper league you could gamble on Elliot or take Hop, possibly Evans.
I'd rather have Miller or Elliot. Mind you I wouldn't take him in the first in any other kind of draft other than a keeper league.

Well with me already having Gurley and Julio as my keepers I'm basically only deciding who I think will have a better season for just this year out of Miller, Hopkins, Evans, Elliot, Allen Robinson or Alshon.

Last edited:
Well if it's just single season I'd look for Miller or A Rob.

Well with me already having Gurley and Julio as my keepers I'm basically only deciding who I think will have a better season for just this year out of Miller, Hopkins, Evans, Elliot, Allen Robinson or Alshon.
I honestly think Miller is going to be a stud this year, but thats a tough decision.  When Foster was healthy and playing last year Nuk went nuts, but I think if Miller is properly utilized like he should have been in Miami he is going to have a ridiculous year.  I would personally take hopkins  just due to the fact that RB's are a crapshoot with injuries and you will likely find some great value in the middle rounds of your draft.

Got a feeling Jeremy Hill bounces back this year .. hopefully he slips because of last year n i can grab him late

Got a feeling Jeremy Hill bounces back this year .. hopefully he slips because of last year n i can grab him late
I like Hill this year too. If he can regain some of his rookie form he'll be worth his current draft cost. Great guy to target in the middle rounds if you go Zero-RB.

Man HILL ****** me over last year

He was my first pick late first round with all the praise he was getting

I knew he's been going late and I swear I was thinking if I was in position to grab him but idk

Man HILL ****** me over last year

He was my first pick late first round with all the praise he was getting

I knew he's been going late and I swear I was thinking if I was in position to grab him but idk

Once somebody screws me over I can never pick them again :lol:

I know Cooks is getting high praise right now and is in a good offense but it was the same story last year and he was so damn inconsistent. I wanted to trade him so damn bad but nobody would really give me anything worth it. Even though I like him I refuse to draft him this year cause I just know Brees is gonna spread the ball around once again. He's being drafted as a WR1 and I'd only want him as my flex.

Back
Top Bottom