Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, the Thunder actually only shot 43%fg last night (KD was 33.3%) but those offensive rebounds. They could arguably play better and our lineup with the starters + Dion minus Adams is killing their death lineup. It's like a 139O 71D rating :wow:
Scotty rarely used KD at the 4.

That and he had no idea what to do with Roberson.

Billy D is actually giving him more responsibility than just spotting up in the corner so they his man can't just play centerfield.

Just brilliant coaching by this man.

rw in steph's head 
laugh.gif

Want to know what would turn this series around? GS needs to stop going for the home run play and take what OKC is giving them. GS needs to stop turning the damn ball over and hustle for loose balls. GS needs to box out players and get a damn defensive rebound.

Basically, they need to play basketball properly :lol:

Last edited:
regardless of what happens, this summer, long as gsw keeps the core, they can add more pieces that can make them better. steph and klay will still be greatest shooters ever next year. draymond will put in work this summer. I'm sure they'll retool. The owners got that guap and aint afraid to spend it.

I do think they can pull this out. The issue is they havn't pull any pressure on okc yet. So it hasn't forced them to make any mistakes and go back to who they were. This is still new for okc. if you lean on them a little bit I bet we'd see some more iso's again. Everything is too easy right now, so the plan is still the plan.

That OKC is gone man. They know how to play the right way now.

Want to know what would turn this series around? GS needs to stop going for the home run play and take what OKC is giving them. GS needs to stop turning the damn ball over and hustle for loose balls. GS needs to box out players and get a damn defensive rebound.

Basically, they need to play basketball properly :lol:
Dubs ain't gonna reinvent themselves now

So is the narrative that the Warriors are just one piece away now lol.

They should be fine with what they have... you would think :lol:

i like billy donovan. i like listening to him talk. dude really understands the game and see's the mechanics of how and why things work. Brooks was a broken record. Turning in circles and never really getting anywhere.

is Billy to Brooks what Kerr was to Jackson? :nerd:

The Warriors have Barnes an Ezeli as restricted free agents to make a decision on, Barnes having mad it clear already that he wants a max. I think he'll take somewhat of a discount to stay around Ros Gold but the question is how much? 15m a yr? 20 mil a yr? Just let him dip, or pull a Presti and let him leave but make a sign and trade so you get something back or at least a TPE for him? How bout Ezelli? You have to extend Curry after next season (in fact Dray and Klay the only one signed past next season) and you better open up the pocket book after you got 2 mvp seasons from him on 7th man salary. They could very much end up like the Thunder having to make a decision on a player for financial reasons.

A year ago the Warriors supposedly changed the NBA and showed the demise of the big man. One year later they're on be verge of elimination because of the use of big men. Lol. Where those pundits at now?

A year ago the Warriors supposedly changed the NBA and showed the demise of the big man. One year later they're on be verge of elimination because of the use of big men. Lol. Where those pundits at now?
yup we heard big men arent necessary , they dinosaurs etc etc .... 

So is the narrative that the Warriors are just one piece away now lol.

They should be fine with what they have... you would think :lol:

haha i mean from the stand point i think they're going to lose a piece or two this summer, harrison, ezeli, but i think they can get better. Barnes bee too inconsistent anyways. Not to say they cant win with this team, just when they're losing, the flaws are magnified.

The Warriors have Barnes an Ezeli as restricted free agents to make a decision on, Barnes having mad it clear already that he wants a max. I think he'll take somewhat of a discount to stay around Ros Gold but the question is how much? 15m a yr? 20 mil a yr? Just let him dip, or pull a Presti and let him leave but make a sign and trade so you get something back or at least a TPE for him? How bout Ezelli? You have to extend Curry after next season (in fact Dray and Klay the only one signed past next season) and you better open up the pocket book after you got 2 mvp seasons from him on 7th man salary. They could very much end up like the Thunder having to make a decision on a player for financial reasons.

ros gold is moving on up to bigger things. she gonna do the olympics in rio and word is, she has a full time tnt offer

Last edited:
i like billy donovan. i like listening to him talk. dude really understands the game and see's the mechanics of how and why things work. Brooks was a broken record. Turning in circles and never really getting anywhere.

is Billy to Brooks what Kerr was to Jackson? :nerd:

Billy D is a savant. He's actually made more adjustments on the fly than Brooks did in his entire tenure in OKC.

Big men are dead, until you put them up against small line ups that like to shoot :lol:

Has no in the NBA learned anything from the Knicks/Pacers series back in 2013?

The big man game is still in demise.
Dubs just lack the rebounding and effort compared to the Thunder. Also way too many turnovers.

Let's be honest - people talking Big Men like a solid Center, not athletic wings or athletic as hell 7 footers (i.e. KD).

Big men = Bogut types, which has proved to be true throughout the playoffs, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom