Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember some ridiculous comment on "when Curry's shot fades, what use will he be?"

WHAT. :lol:

Youre jumper will FAR outlast any athleticism. Isnt that the point of having a jimmy and being skilled? So when youre body takes a step down you have skill and your jumper to rely on? Cmon. :lol:

@WaveyCrocket were you around when AI dominated the league? Barely 6'0 160lbs; He was smaller than Steph. No one denies AI's greatness as the best 'pound for pound' player ever. I think Steph's size has nothing to do with people discrediting his game, but I'm not speaking for everyone who chides him.

I was. But everybody respected AI from jump. He was the #1 pick....was admired by the rest of the league. Was cool. AI was EXPEXTED to be dominant. He was also a freak athlete at his size.

With Steph, you have a frail, glass ankled guy from Davidson. He wasn't supposed to be THIS good. Mike Bibby 2.0 was his ceiling at one point...and even when he surpassed that by like year 4....dudes had him on the Kyrie/Dame level. Nobody expected him to make this sort of jump...and be shattering records...and being in the discussion for the best player in the league.

So when that happened....the rest of the NBA didn't know how to react. All the NBA old heads were calling the Spurs/Heat of a few years ago some of the best basketball ever played etc.

When Steph starts winning a year or two later....this era is "watered down" and "the worst basketball era". That's funny :lol:.

Last edited:
I was talking about this at work. People really don't know how to react to a non super freak athlete being the best player in the league. AI can't be used cause he was a freak athlete

I remember some ridiculous comment on "when Curry's shot fades, what use will he be?"

Youre jumper will FAR outlast any athleticism. Isnt that the point of having a jimmy and being skilled? So when youre body takes a step down you have skill and your jumper to rely on? Cmon. :lol:

These dudes can't have it both ways :lol:. They'll say one week that once Westbrook and Bron's athleticism fades...what will they be. Then the next week...Westbrook and Bron are all around player, and that will last them for ever......and Steph's jumper is going to magically fade...and reduce him to nothing.

The hot takes dudes make zero sense. The problem is....EVERYBODY listens to them. They're the loudest voices.

Wake me up when Curry wins a Finals MVP 
tired.gif

that's that cowherd hot take juice

dude is a clown. worst on television. hot take savant

Wake me up when Curry wins a Finals MVP |I

You shall stay sleep my friend,

Even though curry is supposedly all around better than lebron, when the truth is if his shots don't fall he adds nothing else to the game and has submit to Andre winning MVP

that's that cowherd hot take juice

dude is a clown. worst on television. hot take savant

dude has a punchable face

Enjoying Basketball from any era equally :pimp:

I was 17-21yo or whatever through (born in 79)Jordan's Prime and I can't say I enjoyed that era or this era any more or less.
I actually think each year is just a dope watch on its own.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I think most of that is being a fan of a team like OKC who is always relavent.
We'll see how I feel in 5 years when OKC sucks, I might be on the "this League is watered down" BS

Last edited:
Dude what? No way that's gross.

Hank Scorpio Hank Scorpio Interns in May? Nice.

We opened up shop early Fall last year. One of the founding members knew some Freshman who's going to Columbia's business school and we offered him a part-time gig to help us out year-round.

Firm's reached around $1.2 B in size beginning of May (loved the volatility early 2016). Shooting for $2 Billion by year end.

That's exactly it. As I've said numerous times...Steph is "SUPPOSED TO" be dominating the league. That's reserved for the LeBron's of the world. Those freakish do it all wings.

Dudes in here acting like 30ppg 7apg 5.5rpg 2spg isnt "All around". Those are prime Michael Jordan numbers. Then when you factor in the 50/45/90 stuff only 34mpg...it gets crazy.

They gotta find a false way to discredit because they can't rap their minds on how a 6'3 180lbs shooting point guard is dominating basketball.

You'd think people would cannonize him more, because he's more relatable.

Don't forget to hit up the markets on Monday.
View media item 2047063

You guys are trying to have me fall off the wagon :lol:

He has a unique ability to create and nail shots under HIGH defensive stress which adds to his greatness. As he gets older he'll operate more off screens similar to Ray Allen. If he can keep injuries down, his current game will be fine for the next few..

You shall stay sleep my friend,

Even though curry is supposedly all around better than lebron, when the truth is if his shots don't fall he adds nothing else to the game and has submit to Andre winning MVP

Y'all act like Steph didn't play well in the finals :lol:. Dude averaged 26ppg 6apg and 5rpg in the finals. He was on after game midway thru game 2.

Iggy got it because he held Bron to shooting in the 30s....while also averaging like 17ppg ON LEBRON.

Y'all act like Steph didn't play well in the finals :lol:. Dude averaged 26ppg 6apg and 5rpg in the finals. He was on after game midway thru game 2.

Iggy got it because he held Bron to shooting in the 30s....while also averaging like 17ppg ON LEBRON.

As stated before curry is a phenomenal player and the best shooter we've ever seen. I just think lebron is still the better all around player and I'm not sure why I'm getting laughed at for thinking that.

Last edited:
He has a unique ability to create and nail shots under HIGH defensive stress which adds to his greatness. As he gets older he'll operate more off screens similar to Ray Allen. If he can keep injuries down, his current game will be fine for the next few..

Yea he'll have his shooting forever.

We saw what Nash was able to do in his late 30's because of his shooting and ballhandling, barring injury Wardell got it for the next 6-8 years.

Last edited:
my homie colin's 2012 blazing 5 paid off my credit cards though :pimp: 75 percent for all 16 weeks of the regular season .

Last edited:
We opened up shop early Fall last year. One of the founding members knew some Freshman who's going to Columbia's business school and we offered him a part-time gig to help us out year-round.

Firm's reached around $1.2 B in size beginning of May (loved the volatility early 2016). Shooting for $2 Billion by year end.
You'd think people would cannonize him more, because he's more relatable.

Funny you say. It's actually the opposite sometimes. I remember reading an article with this white dude saying the reason he hates JJ Redick...is he believes that could've been him if he worked harder at shooting :lol:. When you look at somebody like LeBron...that size an athleticism are God given strengths. So you just gotta give it up to him that he had the natural tools to excel in basketball.

With somebody like Steph....dudes sometimes be like...that could've been me. It's weird...but it makes sense in a strange way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom