Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

all the great players measure themselves by championships

bird said magic was better than him because 5>3

Kobe finally getting more rings than shaq was a huge deal

shaq and kenny are able to clown chuck's failure of a career every week because he was a loser who never won anything

wilt had the greatest stats of all time and EVERYONE from his era knew bill was a better player because he was the one winning championships

why do you think losers like karl malone and tmac sign with championship contenders at the end of their careers to ring chase? 

like it or not, great players will always be measured by championships. that's the way it was, that's the way it is and that's the way it will always be.
First: Just because great players subscribe to that doesn't mean they aren't wrong. Great players aren't right about everything or even know everything about the own sport they play just look at how many great players have gone on to be successful coaches or GM's.

Second: The clown him cause its just an easy joke to make kind of like you guys do in here with LeBron and other great players who have not been a championship winning teams its just going after the low hanging fruit.

Third: Bill Russel is a better player because he is was just a better player than Wilt not because he was on teams that won more championships.

Fourth: And "losers" like Malone and TMac sign with better team because they realize it takes a team and organization that knows what its doing to win a championship not individual talent.

And again Just because some of you view great players being measured that way doesn't mean you are right or that its the best way to view what happens in sports.
nothing wrong with having some hipster way of looking at things in order to downplay the only achievement in sport that really matters

any truly great player will win a championship

there is no such thing as an all time great player without a championship because championships define greatness.
before it was a loser mentality now its a hipster way of looking at things 
laugh.gif
 say whatever you gotta say to discredit what I'm saying man 
laugh.gif

besides you've basically already said what I've been saying this whole time in one sentence.
not just one player you get it. I would also add coaches that know what they are doing and how to properly manage players as well and other factors (GM drafting well making good FA deals and all that).

Last edited:
Oh the excuses for Lebbywinks...never fails. Losing another finals and it's a wrap on him being a top 10 player.

:rofl:

You have any idea how dumb you sound? He could lose in the next 7 Finals in a row, there still haven't been 10 better players.

This idea that losing in the Finals is the worst thing that could ever happen is hilarious. Worse than missing the playoffs altogether or losing in an earlier round. That's really how some of you bozos think.

So Finals losses only count if you're the favorite, what kind of backward *** **** is that?
Bruh I said time and time again it all counts but I also understand there are various things that cause these events to happen the way they do.

Would LeBron have any rings if it weren't for Dwyane Wade? 
nerd.gif
WOULD U HAVE BOUGHT THAT M3 IF IT WASNT USED [emoji]129300[/emoji]
Absolutely not. I will never buy a new car regardless of how much i want it or how much money i have. I'll let someone else take the depreciation hit.

So does this mean that LeBron would not have rings without Wade? thanks for answering that

:rofl:

You have any idea how dumb you sound? He could lose in the next 7 Finals in a row, there still haven't been 10 better players.

This idea that losing in the Finals is the worst thing that could ever happen is hilarious. Worse than missing the playoffs altogether or losing in an earlier round. That's really how some of you bozos think.

Bron himself said he'd rather lose in the 1st round/ not make the playoffs than lose in the finals. So he seems to disagree. And he's borderline top 10 right now.

roll.gif

reasonable. i think lj is top ten but i see it like this

lebron is the peyton manning of the nba. great player , great stats but very overrated. you can be great and overrated. i still think manning is a top 5 qb. Some people dont understand what overrated means. hes seventh or 8th all time imo and i hate him. i hated jordan as well but i think hes goat. just cause i hate someone doesnt mean im not objective when im being real about it. 

Last edited:

Oh the excuses for Lebbywinks...never fails. Losing another finals and it's a wrap on him being a top 10 player.
roll.gif

wilt

mj

bird

magic

kobe

duncan

bill

shaq

kareem

are all head and shoulders above lebron in every way 

so I guess borderline top 10 player is accurate 

"Borderline top 10" :lol:

Oh.

MJ
Kareem
Magic
Russell
Bird
Duncan
Kobe
Shaq

Hakeem
Wilt
Bron
Big O

And that's with Steph just getting started so yea borderline.

Last edited:

shaq and kenny are able to clown chuck's failure of a career every week because he was a loser who never won anything

wilt had the greatest stats of all time and EVERYONE from his era knew bill was a better player because he was the one winning championships

why do you think losers like karl malone and tmac sign with championship contenders at the end of their careers to ring chase? 

like it or not, great players will always be measured by championships. that's the way it was, that's the way it is and that's the way it will always be.
First: Just because great players subscribe to that doesn't mean they aren't wrong. Great players aren't right about everything or even know everything about the own sport they play just look at how many great players have gone on to be successful coaches or GM's.

Second: The clown him cause its just an easy joke to make kind of like you guys do in here with LeBron and other great players who have not been a championship winning teams its just going after the low hanging fruit.

Third: Bill Russel is a better player because he is was just a better player than Wilt not because he was on teams that won more championships.

Fourth: And "losers" like Malone and TMac sign with better team because they realize it takes a team and organization that knows what its doing to win a championship not individual talent.

And again Just because some of you view great players being measured that way doesn't mean you are right or that its the best way to view what happens in sports.
nothing wrong with having some hipster way of looking at things in order to downplay the only achievement in sport that really matters

there is no such thing as an all time great player without a championship because championships define greatness.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

besides you've basically already said what I've been saying this whole time in one sentence.
it's both, just a silly opinion trying to be different from the crowd 

no matter how much nonsense you come up with to explain it, at the end of the day people will still only care about championships 

Absolutely not. I will never buy a new car regardless of how much i want it or how much money i have. I'll let someone else take the depreciation hit.

So does this mean that LeBron would not have rings without Wade? thanks for answering that

It was nothing personal and I want to apologize for bringing up something that has nothing to do with The discussion at hand, but at the time I thought one stupid question deserves another. You and I both know all championship teams have multiple great players

It was nothing personal and I want to apologize for bringing up something that has nothing to do with The discussion at hand, but at the time I thought one stupid question deserves another. You and I both know all championship teams have multiple great players
I promise you I wasn't offended at all, no apology necessary. carry on. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

it's both, just a silly opinion trying to be different from the crowd 

no matter how much nonsense you come up with to explain it, at the end of the day people will still only care about championships 
Ok so anyone who doesn't think like you or the people that agree with you has a loser mentality, a hipster, silly and trying to be different from the crowd for the sake of being different and speaks nonsense 
laugh.gif
 again say whatever you gotta say to discredit my understanding and prop up yours.

Winning is the most important stat in any sport
exactly

these "it's okay to lose because ______" dudes are something else 
laugh.gif
No one ever said winning isn't everything or that it isn't the goal, no one is saying its ok to lose or offering excuses I'm and others are just offering a more nuanced understanding of how individuals and teams win is all. But I forgot this is all just hipster, new age loser stuff to you. You keep thinking that...

Hopefully the Hawks beat the Cavs so LeBron can keep his top 10 status. If he advances two more rounds, he's screwed and he's not top 10 anymore.

Idk about borderline top 10 but I will say this, what's happening to Bron(from a slander standpoint) is his and his merry band of lover's own doing. I can't begin to tell you what life was like when Bron first got drafted around here. Just imagine an entire city full of slysniperwolf prior to winning ANYTHING. And that's just here in Akron. Nationally it was bad as well. Point I'm making is, LeBron was crowned before he won a thing. He was being compared to JORDAN before he won a thing. People claiming he was already better career wise than Kobe before he won a thing. So, when you place that high praise on a player...him not delivering is going to produce harsh back lash. Period. Jordan and Kobe respectively, earned the praise(and hate) they received by what they did on the court. Bird, magic, Kareem, Timmy D. All the same. Bron is the first superstar who really was prematurely crowned and still kinda fulfilled that billing. His career screams entitled, and yes other players do as well, he's just the most popular. But, the slander is entertaining

Last edited:
Hopefully the Hawks beat the Cavs so LeBron can keep his top 10 status. If he advances two more rounds, he's screwed and he's not top 10 anymore.

You finally get it. Bron already knew this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom